New Rules!!!!!!!read Before Posting!!!

Discussion in 'Poetry Realm' started by lpoet, Jan 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mind~$oul

Mind~$oul I'm Pretty

Surreal I agree with you on the most part. I for one was never really wanted the rule in the realm because i knew, like u said there wouldnt be anything but "nice post" and stupid shit like that. But you pretty much sum'd it up when u said it's just a bunch of cats postin on the site. Serious or not
    test
  2. lpoet

lpoet POET

test
  3. lpoet

lpoet POET

...damn man i was kinda hopein you would get my back on this one..but if your not even gonna help me out fuck the rule...i'll make an annocement that says we no longer have rules....and that replying to threads isnt necessary....
    test
  4. Selph X Playned

Selph X Playned Too Raw 4 TV

i dont care if i lose points or not...

im not runnin for a popularity contest...

its funny, my little argument made the mod cry and take away the rules...
    test
  5. Mind~$oul

Mind~$oul I'm Pretty

Nawl man it aint even like that now. You already knew i never really did like that rule, but from the way things was lookin we had no choice. I would have been told you to take it done when you first told me about it. You didnt have to take it down because me man. You was in the right
    test
  6. lpoet

lpoet POET

well i cant do it all myself man...and if your not gonna help inforce the rule ima take it down..like i did...
    test
  7. First off i will say that I think it is a Fair rule, and it will do the poetry realm some good. Had to do something LPoet. Good on ya .
    test
  8. Mind~$oul

Mind~$oul I'm Pretty

aaron dog, you only had the thing up there for like what 2 or 3 days? The only thing I didnt like about it was that you said they didnt have to put the links to where they replied. That was kinda hard cause I was having trouble finding which pieces they replied to. That's all I wanted. That's the only problem I was having with it man.
    test
  9. ~Eloquent

~Eloquent Narcissistic....

shiiit...
    if they got time to write something im sure they have time to reply...
    cuz with people not replyin all thats gonna happen is people will keep postin and hardly anyone will reply to shit...
    itll just be like almost everyone will have 2 replies except some people uppin shit sayin "why doesnt anyone reply to my shit"
    and since some people just cant be curteous and give what they would expect to be given back...then rules gotta be put in place...or shit will be crazy and as soon as someone writes somethin...few hours later,off the first page,and few people will probaly even consider readin it
    test
  10. ~Eloquent

yea thats true...
    but at least this forces people to check out others shit...
    cuz when they write thats what they want,they cant expect people to be curteous to them if they wont do the same for the people that do take time out to share their thoughts on a piece written by someone else,i always try to share some thoughts with my critique,thats not always possible though,but i always try to do that,cuz thats what i would like in return
    test
  11. Xero Satsujin

Xero Satsujin OnLy gOd kNoWs oR Goes

Well, after reading this entire thing, I feel like the rule should be held. Don't slack off because people dont like it. If it is necessary for the greater good of the Realm, then it should be upheld.

Granted, the "NICE POSTS" and "KEEP POSTIN" or even "BWAHAHAHAHA" are a little annoying to the more serious writers. But it's the ones who aren't serious about their writing that come in here, boasting about what they can do to a person, and making a fuss over posting.

As far is it being a matter of time between posting and reading. Eh, it's possible that some people have no time to reply, but dont post if you cant. Wait until the time is available and then come around and read others works and give a decent reply, whether it be of 1 words or 100 words. If the piece moves you, then say so. It seems to me that a lot of people that say they dont have time really just dont feel like replying or even reading others poems, so they just dont bother to do so.

But all's I am trying to really get at is, the "RULE" is a good thing to have in here. Indeed it is a form of control, but throughout life, we must all deal with some sort of conformity. Those who aren't willing to conform often get brushed to the side, and are forgotten within a weeks time, sometimes less. Anyhow, that's all I have to say for now other than keep hope alive, lol...
    test
  12. glasspen

glasspen Brooklyn Bitch

instead of posting dumb ass pictures thinking that you're picking someones brain. you should be making this the permanent post at the top of every page so that the new comers know the rules to the realm. That would have been the smart thing to do, I know this is old but i was going through the old shit and felt a need to up this.

How are the new people suppose to know the rules if you dont tell them until you've put a pad lock on their shit.

lpoet you need to take this into consideration. Thank u
    test
  13. lpoet

lpoet POET

hmm.....your comment on the write to the pic is uncalled for.Mind soul and I are always trying to come up with new and exciting things for the members of the realm take part in...dont knock us for that..and instead of blasting this im just going to tell you how it is. This is not a sticky b/c this is not a rule. The only rule that we have right now in the realm is the 2 poem limit on the first page. I implimented this rule for a while but was unable to effectivly make sure that everyone was following the rule. Jeff(janitor) is not really a fan of the rule and i usually only bring this back when things start to really get bad in here.

.........be an example for the new commers...reply to poems
    test
  14. shaft600

shaft600 New Member

this rule suck unless you put peep two posts directly under your post feel me then you don't go all over creation looking for their response
    test
  15. lpoet

lpoet POET

^yeah thats what we would do if we started it again
    test
  16. StubbilyMug

StubbilyMug DayorDollar Records

test
  17. glasspen

glasspen Brooklyn Bitch

hmm.....your comment on the write to the pic is uncalled for.

hmm.....How about, No! I believe this is a free country and I can say what I want.
    I have the right to my own opinion, and my opinion is that it may be new,but there is nothing exciting about that picture.

If your "unable to effectivly make sure that everyone was following the rule"
    How could you possibly make sure that everyone replys. And I'll assume that your implying that I do not reply. I do believe that everyone on here that actually writes about something gets replys from me. Not those that put a bunch of words together that means nothing.

.........be an example for the new commers...reply to poems

How about you become an example for everyone....and stop contradicting yourself.
    test
  18. iLL Script.

iLL Script. ~Poetic~

oh boy...::Ding Ding:: ok ok back 2 ur corners. dis rule is no more, was only around 4 a couple days i think, but its not a rule anymore...so, glasspen- i know u reply 2 most people replies so dis rule wasn't intended 4 u i don't think. i think lpoet was tryin' 2 get people who only came in here ever now n' den n' dropped a poem without replyin' 2 others 2 start replyin' 2 others
    test
  19. ~Eloquent

yea this was for when all kinds of cats where comin in and droppin their own poems all over the place and not bothering to support anyone else,
    this rule is no more
    alot of heads came back after the holidays were over
    and now everything is running smoothly again without this rule...
    so lets let this thread fall off this first page please...
    test
  20. lpoet

lpoet POET

How about you become an example for everyone....and stop contradicting

lmao.......know whats going on before u start talking shit...

If your "unable to effectivly make sure that everyone was following the rule"
    How could you possibly make sure that everyone replys.

what are u talking about

thats why we do not have the rule anymore...

i could not police everyone in here

while you were looking through the pages of old poems did you come across the year in review thread in which malik and i talked about every person who frequents the realm and gave them postive comments...did u see the writters challenges and the numorous write to this pics that people seemed to enjoy....

and yes this is a free country but what u said was uncalled for IMO....malik and i work hard to try to keep this place up and running smoothly.........
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.