New RE 5 trailer.......and Racism???

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by OurSin, Aug 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Stop talking, everything you say is a lie. In the movie night of the living dead they become zombies because of a government spill. This government spill turns them into the undead. My comparison to RE5 in that respect is pretty much dead on.

Gta 4 is not offensive. The second one depicted Italians. I'm Italians, and I didn't give two fucks because I knew it was just a game. Every human being is suffering in some form or another. Africans aren't the only ones suffering. I'll bet you have no problem with schindler's list. Or Americans killing Germans in COD. or the Godfathers depiction of Italians. Or a white guy in the video game red steel killing chinese people, PLEASE! What all of a sudden killing fictional characters is out of line now that skin color is involved? PLEASE!

I guess according to you Stranglehold is offensive for having shoot outs in chinese ghettos. I guess a chinese man caping whites men in chi-town makes stranglehold racists? You're beyond rediculous. These games are getting better and better it's people like you who can't seperate fact from fiction who are the outlandish BUZZ kill.

Oh no a fictious gun fight in a holy shrine. Big fucking deal.

You are not well trained in anything. You are a windbag like 60% of this site.

Where were you when resident evil had no BLACK PEOPLE in the game?
    Where were you when outbreak 2 depicted a Black hero shooting white zombies?

You just proved you have no idea what I'm talking about when it comes to the superorginism. Man you're a dolt. You are not well informed on anything you just like to rattle your finger tips about nothing or what a meme has trained you to say. Jesus christ, I suggest you stay in school. For fuck sake. If you hate ignorance you should be very displeased with yourself.

yeah but what is the plot? Why is Umbrella corp. in a trailer park? Where is the adventure? If you can make a plot out of it, then do it, I'll buy the game.

And your point works against you as I stated. Japanese not american.
    test
  2. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

let me help you out Alex jones, Seeing how japan made the game not america.
    I would call this argument a red-herring and strawman.

Noone funded Bin laden we funded the Northern alliance only to aid them in their fight against Russia. Israel is our Ally. Come to think of it, It seems you like promoting the notion Jews are not to be liked or helped. Maybe you are a Jewish hater. Scientific test on soilders? HAHA! I have a confession to make I'm the Manchurian Candidate. Noone tampered with the presidental election there is no evidence to even support this nonsensical meme. No such thing happend. I saw hacking democracy, terrible Garbage in Garabage out research and propaganda sentiment. If there was a hacker their would of been a whistleblower by now because this current adminstration can't keep anything secert. Jesus H christ. You say you don't watch CT youtube videos? lol. your whole line of meme is based on them. See unlike RE5 you're actually stereotyping americans based on our current governments actions and European past history. What a sad bias leap to take because you lost the RE5 argument.

Every country is fueled on violence that is what the superorginism you know nothing about is all about even down right to the mircobological level. The indains used violence against each other. Black cheifs sold their black neighbors into slavery to the white man. mohammad according to the quran promoted killing infidels and jews. The Yanomamo tribe kill their neighboring male competition, bash their neighbors children skulls in on rocks, then take their neighbors wives inorder to copulate with them. Hindus are in a caste system like chickens are in a pecking order. The brahman would be at the top telling the poor that wealth is bad and remaining unmaterailistic is good. Yet he is the one reeking all the benefits. And Lets not forget DURFUR where the janjaweed is commiting genocide upon black africans and Christians. All superpowers were conquered by Barbarians inorder to bacome the next superpower, that is the Irony. Whether these Barbarians were carthaginians, rome, greek, spanish, europeans, persian, or indains. The saying throughout the zeitgeist goes: todays superpower is tommorrows conquered nation. ETC... ETC...

Great now your implying only europeans can be disease stricken and aggressive. Which brings me back to my point, Blacks in your fantasy world can never been seen as disease stricken or aggressive. I have no problem with a game depicting whites as aggressive or disease stricken. Hell most the games and movies out today already do. It lets us know we are all human and capable of the same ills produced by human nature.

Every resident evil has depicted Whites as Affected by the T-virus and very Aggressive. R6 in Revolutionary War and early colonialism makes no sense you half wit. The T-virus wasn't created until 1996. If you are not going to read what I say do not reply.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evXIFykENmI

Are you blind to the truth?

Newflash: Black, asain, mexican, indian, and white people can all be savage, unruly, vodoo-driven, diseased-stricken people. Infact almost every Video game and Movie depicts the white man as all these things. You're a senstive bitch. Get over it.

now give the pointless whining a rest, it is just a harmless video game meant for Fun.
    test
  3. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

Why is it that every time someone has an honest opinion...they have to be a racist, a bitch or something other than a normal person with a honest perception. What is wrong with you people? I will reply to your comment soon. This is ridiculous.
    test
  4. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

1) My claim stands....the "government spill" WAS NOT A VIRUS! what the fuck?

2) You stated that GTA 4 is not offensive? WTF? You haven't even played it yet...and you won't be playing it until second quarter 2008. So, how could you come to a conclusion like this...

3)I never said Africans were the only ones suffering...but they have endured as much brutality as the Jews and the holocaust. Once again, stop painting me as the one who harbors hatred...I'm not some racist.

4) You accuse me of contructing a red-herring argument...yet you are now talking about Stranglhold...when did I mention ANYTHING about that game? Hell, that's ANOTHER game that you haven't played...it's not even out yet! Next

5) You say that I am not well informed of anything..well...I am not going to argue with you on that because all of what you know about me is an internet profile. My background speaks for itself. It's funny that you should say that I know nothing about "superorganisms". I explained it to you but I find it funny that you continue to misspell the word. Who knows what here?

6) You asked me why is Umbrella in a trailor park?...answer this...why is Umbrella in Africa?

7) Alex Jones? Hahahahha, I am not some political conspiracy theorist. I am stating the obvious. These stories headline the media everyday..yet I am an extremist for pointing them out to you? You are so blind it's fucking ridiculous. You are hiding yourself behind a wall and you are afraid to look at reality.

8) The U.S. didn't fund Bin Laden? Obviously you didn't care to watch the PBS special "Hunting Bin Laden". You are seriously being mislead.

9) You mentioned something about me losing the RE5 argument....how the fuck can anyone win an argument over a game that isn't out yet?

Never ONCE did you hear me make a stand that this game IS racist...I said that it's visual content has the POTENTIAL to be offensive.

I'm not going to sit here and argue over a game this isn't out yet though.

BTW, in case you were wondering. I am african american. I'm done.
    test
  5. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

Exactly.....wtf @ these cats...lmaoo...

i wouldn't waste my time anymore...honestly, just not enough diversity on this section of the forum to have a balanced and civil discussion on something like this.....

need to take it to hook ups.....or just get bombarded by the middle class white perspective

and@ menaz, it's not genralizing to say that white folks never had to deal with the same racism and discrimination in this country that non whites have....c'mon now...that's just common sense. By nature you have to look at it from the outside in. So the most you can do is empathize with how i could or couldn't percieve this video. I dont' see how that could be taken as offense in anyway, when it's just fact.

It's like how muslims could find the words "allah awkbar" in a video game offense (yes this just happened the other day). I can only emphasize with why they would find it offensive, since i'm not muslim......get what i'm saying???

the way i felt when i first watched it, is a gut reaction i felt when watching it. I only rationalized why afterwards.

and i respond to menaz cause even though we disagree ALOT i know he got the intelligence to understand what i'm saying...

and you can't relate something that happened over 2000 years ago to something that happened about 100 years ago. And slavery is NOT the end of what happened in this country......i'm only a generation off from seperate water fountains and getting lynched. Who you think raised me?? And racism aint dead, it's just different today since it has to be closeted by alot of people since it's no longer supported (officially) by the gov't.
    test
  6. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

Yeah i've stated a million times i don't think it's racist......

but it just gives off that feeling to me when i watch it......nothing else....

and possibly i may not be able to play that shit when it comes out.....

i don't think i'm even being overally sensitive about it, i'm just stating my gut reaction and started getting bombarded with "racist" comments and shit. like wtf....

alot of people thought GTA andreas was racist.......i didn't get that feeling at all.....alot of itillians think shows and movies like the sapranos are racist (which they have a ligitimate point too). Dosn't mean they are meant to be.

but honestly something dosn't have to mean to offend to be offensive......like that old PSP add with the mexican musk rats or the billboards with the white psp vs the black one. I doubt they meant to offend, but they did.

i'm just saying may want to be more politically aware if you release stuff. You can't just put anything into a game and not expect it to bring up any social back lash at all just cause it didn't "mean" to offend.
    test
  7. Ethan Albright

Ethan Albright New Member

That is odd isn't it? That a black guy's pulling the race card while the white people are unaware of what's going on?

Typical...
    test
  8. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

simple minded people think in simple minded ways

lol @ race card....
    test
  9. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Question are you Slow? Or have you just never seen the moive? It seems to me you've never seen the movie. It is a chemical virus produced by the army that spills causes the undead. Your analogy is outlandish and a non sequitur.
    my analogy is logical. Wrong, your claim never stood.

Correct GTA 4 is not offensive. The guy is russian, not that I would care if he was half black or white, I can seperate fiction from reality. Now that is what I call a Pot Calling The Kettle Black argument. lol

I didn't paint you anyway. You are displaying your own thoughts on the situation. I never called you racist. You must subconsciously think you are.

Stranglehold is a comparative point intune with the discussion. You're not stupid, but you do lack philosophy and sociobiology education. I have read all about stranglehold. I know what to except and don't give a shit. I'm a free thinker like that.

And no you don't know about the superorganism not many people do.
    What I am talking about is the Human triad which consists of three things
    Superorganisms (meaning indivisual cells working together as one) Memes (meaning Ideologies that shape thoughts) and Pecking orders (meaning a superorganisms status in the hierarchy.) These three things exist in every human being. Now adays The first and the thrid exist in everything from Mircobacteria to chimpanzees to reptials to amphibians to mammals. Infact you and I are the evolutionary gene of this process and the evidence for this is found in our neocortex. Think of the neocortex like a peach... The pit of the peach is our reptilian brain... the juicy fruit part of the peach is our mammal brain... and the outer fuzzy part of the peach refered to as the skin is our primate brain. We just happen to relie on our reptilian and mammal brain the most. Which is why war will never end. Why do you think we are in space? Believe it or not I am one of the most fascinating people on this site.

First of all the the creators of the game haven't even said if it was in Africa. Can you see a umbrella corportion inside a trailer park? Can you see the Umbrella corperation trying to hideout in a trailer park or a remote rural village? Or Much like in Resident Evil Code Veronica were it was located in Antarctica facility. umbrella's like the X-files movie setting up shop in corn fields. I have no problem with a shooter game in a trailer park, I just don't see the plot or logical factor to it for resident evil.

Media? That is your problem you should never trust the media. The media is controlled by two political agendas Left and right. They do not give the truth they give a bias opinion of what they what you to see as the truth. You really should read Plato's allgorical cave. You need to read some books by chomsky, george tenet, dawkins, plato, steven emerson, quran, sura, barack obama, alex haley, kevern verney, peniel e. joseph. I never called you a extremist I clearly point out somethings you mentioned weren't factual. I actually understand reality that is the difference between you and I. You don't understand the concept of one mans freedom is another mans oppression. You are nowhere near my level when it comes to understanding humanity.

memes are memes. We are all mislead. We are all fighting for perception.
    However, this has to do with historical fact by following the paper trail.

No bin laden was not funded by America. I saw that speical nowhere do I recall it saying we funded him. We funded the Northern alliance which Bin laden's Group joined to fight the russians. Bin laden wasn't even a major player back then. We had no direct knowledge of him. Bin laden never needed us anyway he is a super wealthy guy who belongs to a family that owns constrution companies in Saudia arabia. If you want to read more about what I am talkin about educate yourself and read the book Jihad in america. It's all backed up with actual documentation.

Mark twain: Those that do read the news, are mis-informed.

I read the news, but I don't buy into hardly a word they claim. I understand the media agenda all to well. I am john the savage rejecting MUSTAPHA MOND'S Utopia. Because I understand the Sociobiological structure of humanity. I also know how to out witt it, but that I'll save for another time.

Well because you've been whining it is racist without it being out yet. So yeah you pretty muched jumped the gun.

I think your argument speaks for itself.

You shouldn't be arguing over a game at all. That is the whole fucking point. This is the most retard conversation I've ever been in. What you need
    to do with that pent up hostility is worry about real problems like poor education in inner city schools.

You could be a two dicked green martian i'd still see your argument as rediculous.
    test
  10. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Diversity? are you kidding me? The argument will always favor you on this site. that doesn't mean its more valid. This whole argument is pretty much stupid and pointless. It's just a game. Come on oursin Black or white the premise persented here is stupid, staffles technology, and isn't racist. Even black gamers no this is bullshit.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WxYo3eh2uHU

allah awkbar? in which video game?

Further more they shouldn't find that offensive, they should read the constitutional Admendments specifically number one.

I do not have to be muslims inorder to understand them. I probably know more about the Abrahamic religion and ishmael tribe than muslims on this site claim to know.

Middle class white perceptive? Does that black guy in the video look white to you? You are much too smart for the stupid asses hanging in the audio hook up section. They are like boarderline retarded.

I can't find anything wrong with the video game oursin and I understand the black perceptive very well. Its not about a white man making trades for black men. It's not about a white man fire housing a black crowd fighting for civil rights. It's about the T-virus infecting a african village, chris redfield trying to stop the Umberella corporation from affecting them, yet being chased by these enhanced new breed of zombies. it's the same way the game has been since 1996.

Its Like that sceen in dust til dawn when harvey keitel makes his kids promises him to shoot him once he turns into a vampire.

Sorry, I just don't see your logic here. I am looking at the game from a black americans perceptive recalling my history, but I just can't make the connection. It's just illogical to place such a negation on a game made by japanese. You didn't see me crying when the game depicted nothing but white bummy-like zombies roaming the streets getting slaughtered. That is because It is just a game. nothing for you to get sensestive about.

Actually european christians in durfur are being oppressed and murdered by the janjaweed black Muslims today. Whether it was 2,000, 400, 100, or recent, the fact remains there is nothing racists about RE5.

Noone said racism is dead in america today. What i'm saying is America didn't create this game japan did. Further more the racism isn't WHITE exclusive. In fact their is a good amount of Black racism for white people. I try to bend over backwards to make sure blacks aren't offended. I do this by seeing you as human not a skin color. I see that whites like blacks can be anything from bad to good. I have to drawl the line somewhere and calling resident evil racist is just rediculous to me and alot of other races of people using their common sense agree with me.

I'm so sick of my opinion being null and void because I don't have black skin. Like I'ma white moron who doesn't know shit about black sufferage.
    Like I can't relate to another race because of my skin color. No that isn't it. The point is the game has just never been and never will be racists.
    test
  11. Cane

Cane New Member

is this society is so goddamn sensitive that we can just put a black man on a screen, and put a white man standing next to him, and everyone starts yelling "HOLY FUCK RACISM!"..?

he's in a place with alot of black people. he's white. jesus there's nothing more to it.

the only people with problems, are the ones who assume racial tension.

point is, we're all equal when the day comes along that when there are 3 black people and 3 white people, all we see is 6 people. and we can talk about skin color like anything else that makes us different, like hair or eye color.

but what makes us different, doesn't have to make us seperate. and even those who are anti-racist, seperate with their logic.

that's it. that's all.
    test
  12. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

Menaz, to be honest...I am not going to debate with you concerning education level, sociobiological structure, etc. I don't come here to put people down but I am light years beyond you in terms of education in the sciences and humanities. Not only that, but I posses a wisdom that only develops with age. My guess is that I am older than you as well. There are things that I could share with you concerning this topic that you simply would not understand. As it stands now, clearly, you don't get the whole picture.

I'd also appreciate it if you'd refrain from addressing me with offensive names. As I said before, all that you know about me is a screen name.

To deal with you're argument here.....you said GTA 4 isn't racist? once again...all the information that you know about the game comes from videogame trailers..nothing more.

Concerning you being white...I'm sorry..but no, you will never fully understand what we have been through and what we continue to face as a race. I don't care about what you read in your history books or what you watch on television...you won't understand. Just like I will never fully understand what it is like to be Italian. In life, there is no lesson comparable to "experience". I am not some bitter person, but, I am not blind either.

Noone can avoid the media. You claim not to pay attention to the media? I'm sorry..but that is complete bullshit. The media has a direct influence on you and your opinions. Everyone tends to think that the "media" manifests itself in only ONE form. Guess what sir? Those books that you read....they are a component of the media. These trailers that you watch.....it's some form of media advertisement. You bought your videogame console based partly on media influence.

But whatever, I'm done. It's pointless.
    test
  13. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

lol @ this racist oursin STILL posting.
    test
  14. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

I'll make this breif.

This whole debate was pointless I was only trying to be the voice of reason. Who is putting anyone down? I'm just saying it's not racist. If we compare it to a picture of a cross burning on a black churches lawn you'll see a HUGE difference. I Think you're just being overly sensetive and blowing the whole thing WAAAY out of porportion. The world will not end because I find RE5 nonracist. Perhaps what you poses is wisedumb? I'm sorry, but I don't like Older people using their age as a Authority statues to prove themselves as Omniscient over the younger male. That is something the meme of the Sixties taught me never to trust. And that meme was 100% correct.

I don't recall calling you names. I've told you to man up and be a strong human being instead of some sensetive little victim bitch crying over a fictious video game.

How you going to speak your humanities at me when you polorize me as the white kid who don't know any better? like i'm some sort of fucking dog. Telling me I can never know what it is like to be black? I will never know what it is like to have black skin correct, but black is a state of mind. You could understand an Italians state of mind but you like polarization. You need to realize underneath both states of mind is two human beings. Infact I chuckle when I'm often confused for a mexican.

I'm very aware of how people of certain nature look at blacks. I'm very aware of what some natures think of blacks. I'm very aware of how interracial dating is perceptived by some natures. I understand the black history. Now, Pretend I am a black man who knows all this who has seen my people victim to some real racism like Rodney king type shit and then you come along on some video game race-baiting nonsense. PLEASE!

I've read alot on GTA 4, it's JUST A GAME, it is about making drug & Gun deals and killing whoever gets in your way like it has always been. only this time you are a russian. Does this mean all russian deal drugs, sell guns, NO, it's all in a fucking fantasy land.

Read closer to what I said about the Media. I said I am subjected to it, but I do not believe what they claim. That is what free will is about. No those books were written and documented with facts to back up the points unlike media who never cites shit. You need a college course in media corruption. The media does not control me, I am a free thinker, however I like the facts, so I read alot almost nonstop.

I'm through with this conversation myself. There is nothing left I can say or want to say. And when I say something I mean it.
    test
  15. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

lol @ this idiot Oz still trying to be relevant
    test
  16. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

If you don't see anything wrong with it.....the thats you.......like i said, it's my intitial outlook on it. I never said it was racist or meant to be, but it's real close to old stereotypes that i get an uneasy feeling about looking at it.

you can't look at the situation from a black americans perspective since your not black though......

and i'm not argueing about there being any black racism against whites, i know for a fact there is, just as much if not more. Your trying to turn this into something it's not.

yes it's just a videogame, that's not the arguement (actually i never had an arguement int he first place just asked for opinions on it).

i got sidetracked cause i took dudes like Oz seriously, when his reading comprehension level is that of a 3rd grader.

i'm just saying, i can see why people who have no background with this game will probably be against it. Not saying i think they should be, i think they should understand the context.

you guys are confusing my statements with the article i posted.
    test
  17. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Everyone shut the fuck up.
    test
  18. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

I'd just like to say, I find the remark ''white people are so defensive when race is brought up'' to be quite funny.

You have to understand, it's quite frustrating that white people can't do FUCK ALL with out some how, some way being racist, homophobic and sexist.

If we don't defend ourselves against the slightest joke, it'll set like cement and we'll some how be conceeding we're racist.

Forgive us for actually wanting to escape that label. I'm a perfect example, I DONT get 'defensive' on here, and 98% of Audio Hookups thinks I'm racist.

That's not at you personally Oursin, but in general that's how it is.
    test
  19. Mask2MyFace2

Mask2MyFace2 Controversial

I'm black and from racist Georgia

but I don't see anything hugely wrong with that trailer. The zombies are black, they are in Africa so that's to be expected.

If you follow Resident Evil series they ahve labs everywhere, America, Antarctica, Europe...having one in Africa doesn't really seem out of place. I saw a new trailer for the new Resident Evil movie and it's taking place in a desert look like the Middle East.
    And some people are right...we've been killing hordes of mindless white zombies, European zombies for over 10 years. And it's in movies too like Dawn of The Dead, 28 Days and shit like that. It's only racist if you twist it around and make it racist.

I can see that it is a white man killing the black villages or whatever but it's still a big reach. As far as relating the T-Virus to AIDS...I can sort of see where they are coming from but not really. Again it is a big stretch.

As far as depicting Africa...welll that's how it is over there and that's what it looks like....It's always some type of rebellion or uprising. If you think it's racist, well ain't nobody going over there trying to help out Africa...so don't cry when a game comes out or a movie.

I didn't really see him kill anybody in the trailer either...I seen him running for his life. Of course he's gonna have to kill some shit it's a game. And if he did well I've seen worse in movies. Hotel Rwanda, Blood Diamond, Lord of War, Dangerous Ground, all kinds of movies set in Africa and that's just off recent memory. Bad Boyz II some black men going in to kill all these Cubans...but its entertainment it's not that big of a deal.

I'm sure later on in the game you are gonna have to kill some black militia to advance or some mutated Gorilla or something like that and then eventually end up killing a white man like always.

I've seen worse in other games...GTA anyone? Where you could have multiple girlfriends, a gang member who loved money, toted weapons, kill people, did drugs, and cursed every chance he got while listening to some 2Pac on the radio and was ready to ride on some bustas. You killed other gang members who were also black, killed innocent people in the street, jacked cars, lifted weights like you were in the pen, hopped fences, ran from police, robbed a bank, tricked out ya ride (all kinds of stereotypical black people shit) and yelling nigga every chance he got...but still played da hell out that shit and it was fun.

Really I think some people are on a soapbox

now if the shit was set in the 1960's in GA starring Hillbilly Bob with a shotgun and confederate flag killing hordes of black southerners...then I would say it was racist.
    test
  20. Barrax

Barrax Movin on UP

Aint shit racist about its.. its a game its resident evil the fuck do they expect

and they zombies, fuck is dude suppose to do? Would they feel less disturbed if the dude shootin the zombies was black? They just talkin on some bullshit being sensative always tryna start shit. Resident evil aint somethin new to us so i dont even see where they tryna go with this.. they just gon end up fuckin with the money these dudes tryna make by puttin out a decent game

im sure there is more important shit to talk about for what they are trying to imply...

im glad the scenery is different... not the same pale white zombies and mutated monsters and animals in every other resident evil...

they tryna make something out of nothing, and i think haveing the setting in africa of all places is pretty dope..
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.