New RE 5 trailer.......and Racism???

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by OurSin, Aug 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

Some things are blatantly stereotypical such as GTA San Andreas and those PSP commercials with the squirrels speaking with an "ethnic" way of speech. This game, once again...I am not sure. Upon an initial view..it is quite disturbing.

I encourage anyone that is against OURSIN"s viewpoint to watch this video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=vncEmjbs-No

I think after watching that, one will understand why he feels offended. Once again, that is not to say that the videogame purposefully does this..but...it could very well be offensive..I can honestly say that.
    test
  2. Billy D Mac

Billy D Mac New Member

This game was not purposely made to be racist ill bet that, however whats one is done and the
    bottom line is,

as a black person

im not playing a game where your out just murdering a bunch of black tribes period. with a white male character.

Now if it was a different format, and i was like solid snake on a stealth mission taking down a black army for an objective i would do that.

But im not just gonna be a white dude killing black tribes in THIS particular fashion. It is disturbing.

However flip side, if it was a black person killing a bunch of white people like this in this fashion i still wouldn't play it.....thats just me though.
    test
  3. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

^^to me it aint even about a white guy killing black folks....

it's just the imagery of the black people is so close to that oldage stereotypical savage shit it's like goddamn. i mean they supposed to be zombies or whatever, but shit man even zombies were old stereotypes of blacks (Specifically hatians and Vodou)
    test
  4. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Question, does everything have to be about skin color? Stop being annoying and get over your inferiority complex.

Come to think of it I prefer most african blacks over most american blacks because they aren't walking around with a hard on for the white man repin' a inferiority complex having outlandish paranoid suspiciousions.

I don't have a problem with black people unless they start this bullshit. This is what pisses me off about some black people. Just stop! Jim crows law isn't coming back just because a video game depicts african third world zombies being shot by a white man. A white man by the way who has shot every type of race in pervious games. Are you saying it's ok to shoot white and mexicans zombies, but not ok to shoot black african zombies? is that the Social-structure you think we ought to influence? Truth is, you're going to have to stop being senstive, infact you sound like those wack jobs who say video games create violence.

Jesus christ, was it racist when freddy kruger killed the black kid?
    Are all horror movies racists when they kill someone black?
    Fucking christ, Stop ruining a good thing. Kill zombies and love it.

Stop saying black african people can't be zombies. That's like saying whites can't be terrorist. Your thinking is waaaay over board. This is exactly why video games are never set in other countries. Because People like you who aren't retarded become fucking retarded trying to compare this shit to something along the lines of rosewood. WOW. What a fallacious comparison.

lets say the character was a black american and the village was white savages would anyone be mad? NO! Infact they would award it game of the year. And I wouldn't disagree. Either way Zombies are trying to kill you in the game. Their never defenseless.
    test
  5. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

thinking logically like you normally do when skin color isn't envolved you would put two and two together and say wait a minute I get it.

What better place than africa? where this voodoo belief comes from to implament RE5? Would you play the game if the Zombie killer was Black?

Stories of zombies originated from Afro-Caribbean spiritual belief system.
    It's not a stereotype it is a spiritual belief system no different than the resurrection of jesus. There are infact africains who still believe in this voodoo belief system. Just like ned flander types buy into the jesus mumbo jumbo.
    test
  6. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

Resident Evil has never had ANYTHING to deal with voodoo. Resident "Evil" doesn't even have anything to do with "EVIL" period. Resident evil is another stupid name given to an americanized product. The Japanese name of this game is "BIOHAZARD". All the games have to do with hordes of "zombified" people as a result of a virus developed by the Umbrella Corporation.

Why did I mention this you might ask? Well, it's for this very reason. As I mentioned before, this game may be totally innocent in it's objective. BUT, you must look at it from the perspective of an african american or an african for that matter. You mentioned it correctly, this game takes place in a third world country. It also makes one think about the theories about the origins of the HIV virus. That's what I gather from this...once again.I encourage you to watch the video that I posted. Lets do a quick run down on the main resident evil games:

RE 1: Zombies of no apparent race, just mutilated bodies
    RE 2: Zombified Caucasian Policemen
    RE 3: Mutilated Zombies of no race
    RE 4: Hispanic Zombies in a third world village setting
    RE 5: African Zombies in a third world setting

Yes, there were white zombies...but..they were not depicted as being poor, below the law, famished and disease ridden. They were "policemen"..not white trash. We never saw a resident evil that took place in a trailor park.

Once again..I haven't played the game...I am not making any implications about the game..but...it is VERY graphic in the way that it portrays the lives of third world africans...it's very true to life. That is not even the problem. It displays them as being afflicted by an infection by a scientific organization which is colinear with reports from AIDS conspiracy theorists...and that is probably why this game is offending some people. Noone has portrayed Euro-Zombies...even though they are responsible for introducing infectious disease to a land that was populated by indian tribes in what we now know as the US. Indians died at the hands of infection moreso than early European firearms. So, please try to understand how an offended person might feel. Also, keep in mind that the true name of this game is "BIOHAZARD". This game has nothing to do with VOODOO or anything "EVIL". Americans have a twisted view of thinking which is probably why alot of things are taken out of context...including the name of the game.
    test
  7. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

How am i not thinking logically??? And if somebody gets offended by something they have an inferiority complex??? Man shut the fuck up with that bullshit....

When have i ever displayed any kinda inferiority complex??? It's about disrespect by being dead on with old racist stereotypes.......

Yall white folks aint never had to deal with none of that shit in your life time, or history so why the fuck do yall feel like you could even comment on why something would be offense to me or any other person who is not white??
    test
  8. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

I swear anytime someone brings up race, white people get on defensive as FUCK.....

I even stated a million fucking times i know this shit aint meant to be racist, but i wouldn't feel comfortable playing it. how hard is that to understand???? muffuckas got the attention span of a nat

Dudes coming at me trying to tell why i shouldn't feel a certain way...lmao

get the fuck out my face.....

dudes acting like i'm lobbying against the game and shit....when i've stated in every post i'm not
    test
  9. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Sorry, unlike you...I don't do my history research on IMDB.com
    You sad racist.
    test
  10. Ethan Albright

Ethan Albright New Member

What are you talking about??? NOT ONE of the civillians within 1:30 look "deranged savages". Not one.

Are you talking about once they become zombies?

What the hell do you want? Black zombies to act like normal people?

jesus christ....fucking ridiculous...
    test
  11. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

wow.....i'm done with yall dude foreal...

and it's funny that ratio between people who are uneasy about the game in this thread, are pretty much the same ration to who's white and who's not...
    test
  12. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Sorry my skin is white Oursin. I truly apologize if it has offended you.
    test
  13. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

lmfaoo.....yeah i'm done

you need to above a ciertain IQ level for me to consider anything you say as relevant......you've proven you don't meet the requirement....

lmao @ history buff....sure...

peace
    test
  14. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Youve said you were done like 30 times...
    test
  15. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

^^that post was just confirmation...lmaoo
    test
  16. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

I know all that about RE. What i'm saying is You have to look at it from the perceptive of how you've always viewed it. And of how the game was meant to be viewed. The out break is not Aids. there is no actual evidence Aids was constructed inside a labatory. Stop watching propaganda tapes on you tube, stop visiting conspiracy websites. They're producing a meme which has fucked up your logical perception. The T-virus out break is comparable to the Night of the living dead outbreak. What i'm saying is You're making a fallacious comparsion.

http://www.gibbsmagazine.com/Where AIDS Came From.htm

The outbreak didn't start in africa it started in the Umbrella Corporation actually in rac.oon city. Perhaps the city is racist cause it has "C.OON" in the name. Jesus H christ is that the level of race-baiting I'm dealing with here? In part one All the white scientists became Zombies, the T-virus escaped the lab and keept spreading throughout the world. Are you telling me it wouldn't spread into the third world? Please. For all you know the Umbrella Corporation could have a secert lab there and that is what the game is based around.

Horseshit, just about every zombie was white in the first one.
    There was even a black zombie police man in the second one.
    Because it took place in a POLICE STATION. Not too mention, the movies depicts numerous white city dwelling zombies being merked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evXIFykENmI

Brush up on your resident evil knowledge.

This should tell you its not racists, every single type of skin color has been merked. The problem is you refuse to make this factual conclusion. You're not going into a village or city to merk defenseless whites, blacks, or hispanics, you're going in to shut down the Umbrella Corporation who has spread the T-virus among all human beings. However, it would be a pointless game if no zombies attacked you. That's right these zombies are trying to eat your brains. They are zombies, it doesn't matter what their skin color is or what village or city they come from. It's always been about survival of the fittests. Will the zombies extinct human beings? Or will Chris and the others save humanities gene pool? Chris is not going to go into a village just to cap Africans because their black, he is capping Zombies trying to eat him inorder to survive. You don't even know if RE5 will only have african zombies anyway.
    test
  17. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

I guess GTA3 was racist? These people live hard lives in thrid world nations, is the game suppose to insult your intelligence and pretend there aren't poor people nor City of God sort of gangs roaming around? Are you saying thrid world people are the equivalent to white trash? Why would RE take place in a trailor park? how does that even make sense? What would the Umbrella Corporation be doing in a trailer park? If you can find away for that story line to make sense I would love to play that game.

Exactly, You haven't played it, yet you see one video and call it racists. Kind of jumping the gun. Why are you paying attention to AIDS conspiracy theorists? Why are you subjecting yourself to that meme? that is your problem. The game has always been centered around the T-virus which causes zombies not Aids. Again if anything you could compare it to the Night of the living dead outbreak not Aids outbreak. After years of knowing this T-virus fact all of a sudden you want to call it AIDS because it takes place in africa where zombie stories originate? Unfucking believeable. You sound like a race-baiter to me.

The game isn't offensive, If it was racist, I would tell you.
    I would be offended as well, but its just not racists.

In the first two games you killed nothing but mutilated white zombies, white bum zombies, white Umbrella zombie scientists, and white zombie police men. Perhaps the game promotes white cop killing, RACISM towards all elite whites, population control of the poor, depicting white corporate wealth as the devil spreading diseases to kill off the world. Or perhaps we're all making stupid allegories out of a fucking video game only meant to be nothing more than fun.

The T-virus disease never existed in 1800's so that wouldn't make sense.
    The first out break took place in 1996, and the people responable for it were WHITE europeans. Am I going to cry over the game depicting the WHITE EUROPEANS as the Virus spreading DEVIL? no! because It's nothing more than a Zombie game comparable to that movie night of the living dead.

You don't get it, I don't care if your WHITE, BLACK, ASIAN, or BROWN, if your offended at something like this your ridiculous to me. If I had a nickel for every
    movie and video game that depicted white males as evil, oppressers, and white trash I'd have a shit load of nickels. For some reason, you think black people are above the realities of human nature. I'll bet you think black people can't be serial killers. For fuck sake, did you get this senstive over leprechaun in da Hood?

I know the real name of the game, but your comparsion is waaaaaaaay beyond ridiculous. And would have never been made back in 1996. You're trying to turn nothing into something. There is nothing twisted with todays American thinking, We're a nation that believes very much in pluralism.

Just be honest, you see this as way to exploit a agenda that fits your politics, Hate america, Hate white men, CT aids, BLAH BLAH BLAH, same old bullshit I read time and time again from people who know nothing about superorginisms. And the truth is the japanese created this game not america.

All I want to know from you is are you going to buy the game? I most certainly can't wait to play this next installment in the series.The Graphics look beyond next generation.
    test
  18. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

You never have displayed one until now which is why i'm shocked at you.
    There is nothing racist or stereotypical going on. ALL US WHITE FOLKS? Wow how generalizing of you. Actually european greeks have dealt with slavery, genocide, no religious or civil rights. It was called being oppressed by the persian rule. However like me in your life time you anit never dealt with anything our ancestors had to deal with. You clearly do not understand the superorginism.
    test
  19. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

It's not racist. Literally racism is something that is done purposefully either consciously or subconsciously and since there's about as many black people in Japan as there are inches on my penis, it's really hard to brand this as racist.

I think some people are being entirely too sensitive as usual, but you can't deny what it looks like. When I saw it the other day my brother thought I was watching a trailer for COD4 in Somalia.

I said before, alot of people wont be happy that there's a Russian running around in black hoods killing people, in GTA 4.

It's what you make of it, but there's certainly enough ammo there...
    test
  20. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

where do I start with all of this...

Ok, first of all...I don't watch propaganda on youtube..I posted the video so that you and other people would get an "idea" of why the game could possibly come off as being offensive. I am also aware that the T-virus is NOT AIDS...I never spawned that notion there. In terms of AIDS conspiracy theory...once again..I never said that I "believed" it nor am I spreading "propaganda" here either. That is totally irrelevant to the argument. This game is far from night of the living dead..I saw that movie.....those "zombies" were not infected by some virus...they were "the undead". The zombies in "Resident Evil" are "infected".

Another thing, who said that I thought african americans were beyond the realities of human nature? African americans are people just like caucasians, spaniards etc. Once again, these are words that you are putting into my mouth..I didn't say that. What I believe is particularly offensive is how movies and videogame companies market their products by exploiting the negative aspects of the afro-american community. Yes, you were justified in naming other blatantly offensive games such as GTA etc...but....what people are failing to realize is that ALL PEOPLE in third world countries..including africans are SUFFERING. They are suffering now and they have endured a long tragic history. I never labled this game as being intentionally racist or offensive...but I did mention that certain aspects of it justifiably raise alarms with african americans. There was another issue here a few months back when a game displayed GUNFIGHTS in a depiction of an actual Holy Shrine......I'm sorry..but that is disrespectful. Whether intentional or not, one must admit that these games are getting a bit outlandish.

You mentioned that I know nothing about "superorganisms". I just want you to know that I am a well trained scientist. For the record...I virus is NOT an organism...it doesn't display metabolism and it requires a host for "reproduction". A virus is nothing more than DNA or RNA encapsulated in a protein coat. I am WELL informed in science. For the record...I don't "hate" anyone....I hate ignorance and people who have not informed themselves before they resort to drawing conclusions and stereotypes about another individual. It's so easy to label someone as a racist in an argument without even attempting to understand their position..and that's what has been done here.

You asked.."Why would Resident Evil take place in a trailor park?"...why wouldn't it? If this virus is virulent and has the huge tendency to just somehow make it to third world countries? If it can take place in some "random" place such as Africa..then why not a trailor park? Seem quite reasonable, yea?

You mentioned that the Japanese made this game..not americans...I stated that before. That's why I brought up the Japanese title name "BIOHAZARD".

You say there is nothing twisted with Americanized thinking? Lets see: Slavery, The Iraqi War, Funding of Terrorists(Osama Bin Laden), Secret scientific testing on american soldiers, funding and supporting wars involving Isreal, denying worthy soldiers with combat related mental illness and disabilities health coverage, blatant tampering with presidential elections....and the list goes on.... America is a country fueled on forceful violence and it is represented in it's actions, movies and even videogames. The country was established by violent, aggressive, disease-sticken europeans. If this is the case, RE6 should be based upon the Revolutionary War and early colonialism. Euros knocked out the Indians and then turned the guns on themselves later....now if that isn't savage, then I don't know what is. Don't get me started on the Vikings either....Yet africans are portrayed as savage, unruly, vodoo-driven, diseased-stricken people. All they have is unity..and this game doesn't portray them in a conducive manner upon first glance.

Am I going to play the game? I don't know....I need to see more.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.