New RE 5 trailer.......and Racism???

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by OurSin, Aug 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

When they are Zombies....YES! LOL WTF.
    Again, you didnt give a fuck when White people looked like crazy, deranged savages. Nor did you give a fuck when Spanairds were.

YOU ARE A RACIST. YOU REALLY ARE.
    test
  2. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

wtf are you talking about??? Did i say the game should be banned???

like i asked before, have you read anything i've said????

wow...i swear yall are just skimming my posts like i'm calling for the game to be banned or something...wtf...

i'm saying it gives me that feeling, period, wether it's supposed to or not....and i can see it doing it for a whole hellof a lot more people
    test
  3. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Grand Theft Auto San Andreas was more racist than this...
    test
  4. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

Where is the history behind that??? Where is the imagery and century old stereotypes of SPanish Europeans being savage beasts running around ?? I've never seen it, maybe if i had i'd feel something different about that game.

are you slow, or just blind?? or skimming through posts and seeing what you want to see instead of whats being said
    test
  5. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Shut the fuck up you racist faggot.
    test
  6. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

How the fuck am i racist??

dude your a fucking dumb ass.....

Too bad i can't put other mods on ignore...lol
    test
  7. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

i mean goddamn, i repeated myself a million times and this nigga oz aint read a word
    test
  8. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

How can you use the word nigga and be mad .... nm. God damn racists!
    test
  9. ReverseSWAT

ReverseSWAT Active Member

Anyway, This game looks badass lol.
    I cant wait to shoota n!gga that look like Bernie Mac and turns into some mutated Chimpanzee Wombat Hybrid with razor sharp tiger claws and sabreteeth
    Seriously though I bet the NAACP will hold a special burial for Resident Evil 5 the moment it ships lmao But guess what? It'll still sell like hotcakes.
    ITS A GAME
    test
  10. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

^^They probably will.....cats like Al Sharpton will hop on anything to get there face on a paper......

I don't think it's meant to be racist at all, but i'd be lieing saying i don't get an un easy feeling watching it.

I don't really get the "it's just a game" thing....i mean you could say something is just a movie, or just a book.....i guess i'm just avid fan of videogames being taken as serious medium for art and entertainment.
    test
  11. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

My whole point is, if you changed the pigment of the skin color on the zombie, you wouldnt care. Any color but black and you wouldnt care. So, its not like your against killing people...oh no...just black people.
    test
  12. ReverseSWAT

Now that was just dead on accurate^^^
    I'm black too, and I feel black people cry foul more often than not nowadays. I'm like STFU, Everything in the world isnt racist.
    test
  13. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

Well you have no point then.......Why is it just cause they are black??? it aint just that, like i said in the first post i'd usually call fowl on this shit......but the imagery just fits into that long time stereotype....I mean maybe you can't relate, your culture hasn't been considered murderous demon like savages for half of the last millineum.

If it was a nazi like german soldier in jerusilm killing a bunch of crazed deranged jews i'd get the same feeling. Whether it was intentional or not

I don't see any social implication in a white guy going to Spain or wherever killing zombified white people. or Spanish Europeans ever being thought of in the same way the were portrayed. It aint the same with us....people actually believed shit like this, shit alot of people still do.

so yeah, it's gonna strike a cord with more.

it aint about them being black, black hawk down was an example used....i thought the movie was dope.

it's not like you gonna understand what i'm saying anyway, you'll just cry "racist" cause you probably don't read up much on history or why things are the way the are and people feel the way they do about certain shit and others don't
    test
  14. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Soooo...like I said before...
    You would have absolutely no problem with a White character walking into the NAACP headquarters with a machine gun and unloading on African Americans in business attire?
    What do you expect of a game set in Haiti? Sweeping skyscrapers and metropolitan areas?
    test
  15. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Im actually quite the history buff there buddy. But then again, you've yet to rely on history once in this thread. Your only example is some shitty movie you saw 20 years ago. That's not history. That's some shitty movie. This game is not history...it's some game.

Furthermore, Ill lay money saying Chris Redfield ends up saving some village and all the people in the game.
    test
  16. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

of course i would...wtf?? How would a game about white people murdering black leaders Not be racist??

you just used the worse analogy i've ever seen....

i think i'm done discussing shit with you....

and if your a history buff, you'd know Birth a nation isn't just some crappy movie, infact it's one of if not the first movie ever made. And it was the same concept that the KKK used to rationalize the murders and lynching of innocent people.(shit that's what the movie was about) Same reason why innocent kids got mutulated to death for accusations of looking at white women by white saviors sent to destroy the black savages. Read up on it i guess.....i don't really care

yeah....you can pretend this shit hasn't been in existince for the last 500 years, i can't.

anyway, i don't need any reason to justify why i feel a certain way, i just do.
    test
  17. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

Honestly now taht i think about it....it wouldn't be as bad to me if they were actual zombies like the older games....instead of the ones from the fourth one.

Cause when i watch it i'm seeing that old stereotype instead of a swarm of undead zombies....
    test
  18. ReverseSWAT

And another thing, Just watched the trailor again...
    Funny how nobody mentioned the two black ppl hanging by their feet and a black guy with a bull horn looking like he is condoning it and rallying the angry mob. Black on Black crime anyone?
    test
  19. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

Well, this is what I see. If you look at it from both ends. If you look at it from the african american perspective....you see a game that characterizes blacks as a race of people that are untamely violent and they display aggressive, rebellious behavior through group uprisings etc. If you watch the opening cut scene, you can see groups of africans tossing stones etc....apparently rebelling against a gov't official maybe? Being bound by ropes..etc...might rehash thoughts of slavery..etc. This could appear to be sensitive especially to african americans since they are viewed as "••••••s", "primates", "lower life forms", "test subjects..etc". There are rumers circulating that the HIV virus was developed at the CDC in Fredrick< Michigan (a virus is nothing more than naked Double stranded DNA or RNA in a capsid or protective coat). They claim that this "virus" was being tested on ••••••s and passed to africans. Eventually, the scientists underestimated the viability of this virus and AIDS became a global problem in the late 80's to early 90's. In this perspective, this issue with Umbrella(CDC) and africans in this new game could seemingly be controversial. But, more information is needed. I recommend that everyone looks at this video. It makes a strong case for the sensitivity in this new game.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vncEmjbs-No

If you look at it from the caucasian perspective, you might see a clean innocent game. Yes, all the other RE games involved killing white zombies or badly mutilated zombies of no apparent race.

I like to look at it from the middle perspective.....although these images appear to be graphic...it is reality. Yes, slavery has happened and those that have no forgiven those for slavery will still hold hatred in their minds. Hatred is one of those entities that can really screw with your perception of things. While this game may APPEAR to have some racial implications....it might just be an honest game in which anger from the past is clouding your thinking or making it appear as though it is something different.

I have not played the game obviously..so I am not sure what it's intentions are. But, In terms of racism...yes..it does exist and it is VERY open in these times. But, one must learn to forgive the trespasses of the ignorant and not blame other people for the mistakes of others.

I kind of hate to see people turning this into a big racial issue and resorting to name calling and such. Let's be civil here...let's do our research, play the game first and save the analysis for later. As it stands now..or with ANY game...you cannot make a comprehensive judgement of a game based on a 3 minute trailer or a cutscene. Everyone is going to have a different viewpoint..and that is fine...but...at least play the game before coming to a conclusion. There may be bits of the storyline that are missing etc.

That's my 2 cents

For those that want to learn about how a virus works..watch this:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=t4zjTeAGyuk&mode=related&search=

Watch this video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=vncEmjbs-No

This video is VERY disturbing by the way.
    test
  20. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

word man.....

It aint being turned into a big racial deal yet though.....i'm just pointing out that when i saw it, it's the very first thing i related to it. And i'm sure alot more people will do the same, who really don't get the context of the game. And some people allready making a little issue with it.....

and honestly, i don't think RE is gonna weave a real intricate political storyline into it, lets face it, they all have a cheesy story even 4...lol...

it's just a trailer though...I just wanted see what other people think about it, but instead i get called a racist and shit for my initial feelings about it...lol....*shrugs*
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.