New producers should know one thing....

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by RZA n Wu 36, Nov 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ejuhcaited

Ejuhcaited ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

I think ur confusing RAM and HD...You can have a 150 GB HD inside ur MPC or use a a SCSI drive with the older models...

But even still...why do u need 512 Megs of RAM? Thats about 200 4 Bar Loops, and 2000 drum kits...ull never use all that 2 make a beat. i can get by just fine on sumthin with 16 MB.

and If it's so better than the Motif...than why does people Like Scott Storch and Needlez keep bangin hits after hit on it?

Scott Storch and Timbaland...who are known to use VST's and Reason sometimes....they still have Tritons, Motifs, ASR's and MPC's...I wonder why?

Juist Blaze who did all of the beats on dynasty back in 99 on logic...now uses fantom, triton, moog, ms-2000, mpc4000..i wonder why?

sheyat, u aint even gotta b nas.

IT AINT HARD 2 TELL
    test
  2. KaSe_MuNNy

KaSe_MuNNy New Member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gamshooter
    my point was it dont really matter

see once again

the black girl is the best to YOU!

u r argueing prefrence

I am gonna upload a song my bone did off his EPS this year and a song i've done in FL and u tell me the EPS made HIM SOUND BETTER THEN ME

ok give me a few mins

wow thats the most horrible analogy i ever read on these boards..........

..Who you tellin dawg?! I fuck with them spanish and asian girls hard
    test
  3. Bash

Bash New Member

its funny how this ni99a is talking but we havent heard his shit if you aint gon post your beats then dont talk ni99a
    test
  4. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

Fuck Reason.
    test
  5. Blocc_Rocc

Blocc_Rocc New Member

u couldnt be more wrong buddy.....

So hardware gurantees hot shit????
    u cant make hot shit on FL?????
    fuck outta here
    test
  6. MAD SKREWS

MAD SKREWS Dear Mr.Toilet, Im Da Shi

it's not the hardware/software, it's the man behind the the project. PERIOD.
    Mad Skrews = No Midi controller, No special racks or modules, No additional Hardware, nothing. Just a brain, creativityness and FL is what I got to offer, and still I manage to make hot beats... $0.02
    test
  7. Mr. sickVisionz

Mr. sickVisionz The Gentleman's Producer

I think ur confusing RAM and HD...You can have a 150 GB HD inside ur MPC or use a a SCSI drive with the older models...

But even still...why do u need 512 Megs of RAM? Thats about 200 4 Bar Loops, and 2000 drum kits...ull never use all that 2 make a beat. i can get by just fine on sumthin with 16 MB.

I wasn't saying its useful. The person I was commenting on had said that the hardware was technically superior. I was just stating that it wasn't.

and If it's so better than the Motif...than why does people Like Scott Storch and Needlez keep bangin hits after hit on it?

I hate comments like these. Cuz famous people use it doesn't make it better. If you grew up using some shit and you aren't limited by it, why would you switch to a whole new and different format? Thats all I ever say. Different strokes for different folks. By your logic if they switched to using MTV Music Generator that would MTV music generator superior to all other software and hardware.

Scott Storch and Timbaland...who are known to use VST's and Reason sometimes....they still have Tritons, Motifs, ASR's and MPC's...I wonder why?

Cuz it wasn't realistic to use a PC to make music back when the Triton, ASR & MPC came out. Thats like saying "If Pro Tools is so great, why didn't classic musicians like the Beatles and Elvis record with it?" But... even with that, read what you said. That gear (except the motif) has been around forever... and they still decided that integrating software into their setup would improve it... and they did as you just said.

Juist Blaze who did all of the beats on dynasty back in 99 on logic...now uses fantom, triton, moog, ms-2000, mpc4000..i wonder why?

Whats the point? Unless you're saying everything he does now shits on his old stuff. And not because he's gotten better over time (as everyone on the planet who practices something does), but because of his new gear.

software cannot and will not improve without hardware improving ALSO....therefore hardware will always be the Alpha of the two.......

...? Thats just not accurate. Hardware stuff gets firmware (read software) updates that add ALOT of new features without you having to buy whole new software. That comment alone makes me think you've never actually owned a peice of gear, cuz everyone with any gear or just a person who knows about gear knows about firmware updates.

And you're saying software can't get updated without new hardware? I have to think that you've never used or owned a computer before if you seriously believe this to be fact. And I don't even mean like owened a computer for music, just computers period.

I mean, thats just not accurate. The fact that you had to type that on a computer has me puzzled as to how you could believe it to be true.
    test
  8. urban_tactics

urban_tactics aka johnny cockram

test
  9. 7thHorseMen

7thHorseMen New Member

lol this n1gga urb disagree's he ain't even gonna agrue lol like FUCK IT lol
    test
  10. Ejuhcaited

Ejuhcaited ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Wow at that "If Protools is so great why didnt the Beatles and Elvis record with it"...

It aint even exist back then, but if they were still alive, i bet u they would be usin it...

what im tryna say is...(keep in mind im not just talkin about producers, but also engineers ETC) theres a reason why they have Software and all that...yet still have MPC's, old analog 1178 preamps, old SSL boards..

The fact that Timbaland and Scott Storch integrate software in 2 there setup shows that they aint gonna just use somethin cuz it's what they started with, they aint got that "if it aint broke dont fix it" attitude, they always tryna advance....shit they started way Before ASR-10 and MPC2000XL (which they both use) existed...

The fact that Just went from a lil software program...to a room full of hardware shows somethin obvious...u gotta b real dumb if u aint gettin it

If software was better like u Claimed...they wouldnt have the need for the hardware they have

And for an audio example...u can hear for YOURSELF...

check out the original "Oh I think Dey Like Me" on Dem Franchize Boys CD...which was mixed on a Cheap ass ProTools setup...compare that to the Remix on J.D.'s new album which was mixed on a 500,000$ SSL...yea
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.