New producers should know one thing....

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by RZA n Wu 36, Nov 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

co sign
    test
  2. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

thats way outta context tho kuz his examples are of talented individals already vs someone who has none which is what u r speakin on. talent plus better tools equals greatness. ur sayin that no talent plus better tools will still make crap. ur both right but ur repsonses dont match
    test
  3. P R I M O

P R I M O Shout out to Autotune

I got the cleanest sounding wack shit on this board

LOL

Embassy you took a shot at me man. I'm affended....

You're right though, but in my case... my beats were cheesy until I got ahold of some REAL sounds. Some people are more hands on than visual with their beat process.

It took me all day to bang out a beat on Fruity Loops

And since I got my Motif I made like 10 beats in 2 days (tight beats)

It took me at least 3-4 weeks to make 10 bangers on Fruity Loops.

Thats why I stopped making beats for periods at a time... FL made me lose my motivation.

I lost my job, my car, my wife, and the dog... all because of FL

When I stopped using FL, I got my life back... a new car, a new lady, been growing my hair back.

lmao... ^^^ maybe thats goin too far. but that shit was stressful for me.
    test
  4. urban_tactics

urban_tactics aka johnny cockram

ur reply was weak

1st off...nobody in here is trully retarded

2nd...with training with advanced equipment u gonna get better

i TRULLY dont get why ya'll tryin to argue with simple ass shit like this

u put a ngga to war wit a pistol...i dont care how good he shoots...the ngga with the machine gun is gonna EFFORTLESSLY light his ass up

music is no exception...if ya'll nggaz wanna keep believin what u wanna believe in then go ahead...do you......

the man "makes" the tools........the man also MAKES the tools

ya'll act like ya'll were never wack before (some of ya'll still are wack)

so the fuck what if a ngga aint gonna get better overnight wit some hardware........he wont wit fruity loops either

i'm tryin to get it thru u hard-headed thick skull ass nggaz that u gonna IMPROVE wit better equipment...........

keep on arguin tho......at the end of the day, i dont care about one ngga on these boards or what they choose to do.....
    test
  5. urban_tactics

wow thats the most horrible analogy i ever read on these boards..........
    test
  6. urban_tactics

the Eps is garbage by the way........
    test
  7. Arves

Arves New Member

Pffff....NutCase seriously...

Fruityloops + Talent + Know-How = Good results
    5 Mio. $ Equipment + You = Nuttin

it doesnt depend on Equipment only!
    test
  8. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

no one gets swole over anything, cuz in the end no one is changing their equipnent or quittin production.

people get tired of nigggas tryin to say hardware makes u a better producer when its ALL based on the determination of THAT ONE person.. not the fuckin hardware. not like when u get hardware - a fuckin ••••• pops up and loads fuckin musical talent in ya head

like i said, hardware added on is jus a mental thing. its all based on how much drive that person has as a producer.

and ive heard wack beats with nice as equipment (watch some smart ••••• come in wit: "yea like urs" go click the centered link in my sig.)
    test
  9. the exposer

the exposer The Music Luvas

i always tell people this and im sure ive said it here before.

ITS NOT THE BOW AND ARROW ITS THE INDIAN.

and running a kick inside the mpc doesnt make sure shit sound thicker. it does change the sound of it a lil, jus like if you run it thru a sp 1200 it sounds different. thats the audio converters at work and are different on each machine. but i kno mofo whose shit his hard off cpu and he dont make beats on hardware. if you gotta shitty sound its gonna sound shitty until you beef it up. regardless what machine it runs thru.

i owned every mpc there is and asr x pro and the asr 10 all machines sound different by a lil but if you got a dope sound its gonna sound dope on all machines. doesnt matter what you using same goes for a shitty sound.

in the end it comes down the man not the machine. and most importantly what your comfortable with. my man is a motif man. im a triton and roland man, i love the motif but i go for the trtiton rack and use the keys off the motif thats jus me. same with my sequencers i use the mpc 4000 thats my favorite right now but i still make heat on the mpc2000 but put me on fruity loops and i suck.

monica seles and old womens world tennis champ used to hit the ball with two hands on the racket for her forehand and backhand. while other use one hand. did this make her anyless a champion no.

just blaze make beats on mpc 4000. 9th makes heat on fuitly loops kanye on the asr 10 and mpc 2000xl. rza makes hits now on the roland mv, primo the mpc60 trent reznor uses acid and sonar. they all are beast at what they do. then look at corey chestnut doing errythang on his headphones on a 4 track made a gold abum and crticly acclaimed one at that.

you guys are losing focus of what the real point is. while hardware is beneficial it doesnt make the producer. i can make and mix a smash record on a ssl analog board or a sony oxford digital board still gonna sound raw. put someone else on that sameboard and it might sound like shit or even better.

now with that said go and tell justblaze to use some new sequencer out there cuz its the most expensive thing or 9th and they will most likely give it a wurl but if it doesnt do it for them then they will stick to what they no best and if it aint broke dont fix it. now i feel where the oppisition is coming from and why they argue there point most people here saying they dont need hardware modues keyboards or big studios prolly havent been expierenced enuff 2 get the most out of these peice of equipment or sutdios and therefore think they dont need them.. but i will say this no software eq out there that fucks with my trusty distressors or pultec eqp.

and a cpu is hardware thats how i look at it. i jus see the cpus now as big keyboards that have there own expansions that can be added jus like any other big name keyboard for more sounds
    test
  10. Embassy Sweetz

Embassy Sweetz 360's thee-shit,-b

all im sayin is u can have all the talent in the world in watever field u do..but at the end of the day its YOU who makes the concious or subconcious decision to benefit from the given situation..NOT the equipment or enviroment u put yourself in...cuz u can be talented with one thing and not so talented with another...a sharp shooter cud be ill with his trusty ass sniper rifle but be average with the new advanced model even after rigorous training...thats where the problem, lies..'"NEW" is NOT synonomous with " Better"...its totally dependant on the person not the tools..u can put lebron james on a new team and that doesnt mean he will be better...shit u can put him ont he heat and i gaurantee he wont get better as a player...even with all the advanced training and coaching he wud get...that situation just wudnt fit him..just like some equipment..no matter how new or advanced..just wont fit someone..same shit..
    test
  11. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

thats what i been tryin to say...
    test
  12. Brownstar

Brownstar Davadrian

i agree and disagree.. i didn't read the rest of the posts so i dunno where this convo is going..

i've worked with lots of software before, and could make decent beats.. however, when i started messign with hardware, my workflow improved tremendously.. things that were tedious to do in software, were so fast and efficient in hardware.. so that helped me out and gave me the impression that my hardware was better than my software.. but that's jus me.. i'm not getting into that whoel hardware vs software bs.. everyone's gonna have a diff opinion about it.. what i am gonna say is tho, that it also depends on what production style you like too.. a sampling producer could prolly get much much more out of fruityloops than a guy like me who likes The Underdog production and was using frutiy stock sounds..
    test
  13. urban_tactics

totally untrue

we are all a product of our environment

simple phychology

god gives u the gift of inclination towards music...but ur environment and conditioning is TOTALLY responsible for your progression, i dont care what ya'll nggaz try to say

if u was to clone urself and have 1 version of u stay a the crib wit fruity loops like u do now....and then have version 2 of u sittin in a 500,000 dollar studio

sorry brah, but version 2 will be so much more advanced and prepared than u ever will be........and thats the truth...ya'll nggaz can be biased towards ur own thoughts but its the truth........

nobody said equipment will make u better....but i will dare to say equipment will prepare u alot better than some garbage ass fruity loops

some of ya'll beatmakers arent very mechanically inclined...which is retarded because a studio is not a place somebody with no type of mechanical skills should be in.........

i think its a lil more than makin a fuckin beat ya'll....you tryin to be professionals correct? then why not prepare urself, why not buy some general equipment...why not LEARN how to use a basic ass triton keyboard....some of these nggaz wouldnt even kno how to find a patch on a roland...........some wont find the power button

but ya'll supposed to be producers?

more like jokes to me..........and this aint even directed towards u embassy

but too many nggaz on here thinkin like children....like they can play on a keyboard and voila...one day they'll be discovered and make millions

nevermind readin a book....nevermind aquiring any technical knowledge..........nevermind ANYTHING that involves doin some actual work

they just wanna make beats....not have to spend money.....and hope for somethin that wont ever happen

make me fuckin sick

whatever tho dawg...use fruity loops ONLY.....be the next 9th wonder.....
    test
  14. HYPNOTIK

HYPNOTIK Fully Loaded

i just woke up.

so thers my 2 cents for now
    test
  15. Ejuhcaited

Ejuhcaited ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

No offense, but this post has more contradiction than da bible
    test
  16. lambo

lambo www.the96mix.com

Its a known fact the initial quality will be better on hardware. Lets face it Fruity Loops is known to have a weak sound engine. If you have a Motif sound patch that was made by like 50 people inside of a lab...quality is a given. talent wise it all depends on the person. But as far as quality id say hardware.

OH AND A BIG POINT.... LETS NOT LIE, ALL YALL MAFUCKAS BOOTLEG YOUR SOFTWARE. IF YOU SPEND 2 G"S ON A MOTIF, THATS MOTIVATION TO MAKE A HOT ASS BEAT. WHEREAS ON FL YOUR WORKING ON SUM SHIT YOU AINT PAY FOR...so whats the point... no hard money..no motivation.
    test
  17. Ejuhcaited

Ejuhcaited ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

nah i think the equipment and environment ur in has EVERYTHING to do with it....

take shaq and kobe 4 example...since da trade both theiur teams aint really did nothin too significant
    but when they was together, both their talents/abilities really complimented each other...and along with a great coach and other surrounding players that resulted in 3 consecutive championships...

But when u put Kobe wit a weak ass center like Vlade Divac or Kame Brown.....

He dont have the oppurtunity to shoot as much as b4 cuz they Defense as far as blockin and reboundin is lackin...
    test
  18. the exposer

the exposer The Music Luvas

i suck on the fl cuz i neva use it and it process for making beats fast on the fly doesnt work for me. i am ignorant on that program i was speaking in terms of now. i can kill shit on pro tools ive made a couple beats jus off pro tools and using the midi thru there and chopping shit up. but i jus do shit off the mpc.. i was fague there. fl has neva interested me since im a mac person not a pc which is the main reason i dont fuk with it. i got all the sounds all the dope shit from several raw as reggaeton producers even shit from looney tunes but can neva use it jus stay on my laptop.

and how does me saying that there is no way a software plug in is messing with my distressor which is a compressor and my pultec which is an eq make a contradiction. like urban tactics said there is no way software can emulate hardware. been even said by george massenburg one if not the greatest engineer/ quipment maker.. built the neve 80s console and countless classic mastering and studio hardware 2 boot. plus some of the best software plug ins and he says the samething. hes a real electrical engineer and what not aswell..
    and to top it off that there has nothing to do with making the producer a better producer jus betta equipment.

to "its the indian and not the bow and arrow".. ive made heat on the asr 10 on a triton keyboard.. my mpc2000xl my mpc4000 i still make heat no matta.. jus the 4000 is my favorite out of them all.. i jus had the mpc2500 in my studio made abanger on that but it wasnt for me.. jim jonsin didnt like it either.. he uses the mpc2000xl.

the point is dope equipment helps but at the end of the day if you garbage you garbage.. point in case one of my people owns errythang mpc 4000 a mpc 3000 triton 88 keys motif es8 moog voyager drums from industry heads and engineers and he garbage striat up garbage.. he slangs 2 erryone in the industry weed but cant sell a beat 2 save his life.. which will bring me back to this

its not the bow and arrow but the indian.
    test
  19. Ejuhcaited

Ejuhcaited ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Yea......
    Inspiration/Motivation+Quality Instruments+Talented/Skilled Person=Better Result
    test
  20. Ejuhcaited

Ejuhcaited ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Aight, I agreree with ur post, but all we sayin is
    Better 'Bow And Arrow'+'Skilled Indian'=More Dead Amimmaals

Give that talented indian a good binoculars or sumthin, and a Arrow capable of shooting Bow longer distances at a fast speed...animal wont even know he's being watched, and wont have much time to move out the way...which makes the indians job easier

Or better yet, go with new advance technology...give that Indian those guns the Snipers use...BOOM....he's way more productive, which makes him a better animal hunter or whatever he is...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.