New producers should know one thing....

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by RZA n Wu 36, Nov 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RZA n Wu 36

RZA n Wu 36 Member

I am by no means a producer to write home about... however the following is my new opinion of production after only 4 days of using my first hardware geared toward hip hop... let me tell u how it has affected me...

FL by itself is not the way to go... i have produced beats for 2 yrs with little improvement using FL and plugins for it. however, i am a musician and have played an instrument for 14 yrs! it puzzled me as to why my beats hadnt improved for this reason... unless u are very knowledgable about what all the effects and processors do and how to tweak them, it is much harder to make shit sound hot.... but with hardware, this is so much easier. i just got my first piece of hardware, an EPS 16+ sampler and it has already proven this to me, even though i have only scratched its surface! basically, in FL with drum samples, unless u know how to filter them properly (which def shouldnt be done with the fl filter) and do other shit to them, it makes the road to a hot beat so much harder... i had recently "mastered" the art of creating dope drum loops in fruity, however, on the EPS 16+ the drums blow these outta the water... invest in some hardware and it will payoff... now i like grimey drums, so i got the EPS 16+.. but im sure with out even trying them out all the other hardware that a lot of peeps on this board use will help any aspiring producer...

basically i want to tell new producers this: if you know you got skill and talent with music, invest in hardware and you will NOT be disapointed... i cannot believe how much better producing with the eps is than midi controlling fruity, or even worse, CLICKING in beats (ahhhhh)... sorry for this ramble, but i wish i had realized this 2 yrs ago and someone had told me (i think they woulda had to hit me over the head) how different it is.... invest and ull get hot shit back in return(assuming u have some talent)....
    test
  2. BeatSlangaz

BeatSlangaz 08 is not your year!

Hardware is better for you Fl studio might be better for someone else..So just do the world a favor and stop posting this bullshit..If you couldnt make hot shit in FL its because YOU couldnt make hot shit..Dont blame a fuckin program cause you couldnt make hot shit.. Im sorry but this is dumb ass advice Newbies please bypass this shit...thanks
    test
  3. Blankk Page

Blankk Page New Member

You can't really knock FL Studio because it could be hard for u, and easy to make hot shit for others. If you don't have the time and ear for making it sound good, don't degrade it plz.
    test
  4. BeatSlangaz

Sorry I didnt completly analyze your post but ofcourse you gotta add shit to Fl put waves plugins,battery,mpd 16,good sounds and records and you good to go.......
    test
  5. BANE206

BANE206 New Member

LMMFAO@ People actually believing that hardware gives you talent.

Hardware or software doesnt give you talent or take you to that next level. when people buy hardware they usually think they are making tighter beats because they have some different sounds and they feel that they are finally industry standard.
    test
  6. BeatSlangaz

LMAO that shit is so true.........I see these type of threads everytime someone cops a piece of hardware.......like "I'm a fuckin super saiyan now that I got a mpc!!!Watch out •••••"
    test
  7. BANE206

BANE206 New Member

WOW. What do you think is gonna happen when you get tired of the drums on your module?

LOL Nevermind I dont know why I waste my time replying to dumb shit like this.
    test
  8. J.Mack

J.Mack Highly Under-rated

I feel ya but let us hear two beats that prove it....
    test
  9. RZA n Wu 36

RZA n Wu 36 Member

whatever mother fuckers this shit its my opinion take it or leave it... i never said u couldnt be good at FL, i said u HAVE TO KNOW WHAT TO DO with it... and if u DO KNOW WHAT TO DO, then u can def make hot shit.... and im LMAO as u fuckers say cuz ur so quick to defend fruity and hate on a persons opinion... thats what is really pathetic
    test
  10. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

theres no sounds in the eps.......so what module are you talking about.....you throw drums into the eps....they take thier own form....thats basically what hes trying to get at......you aint really gotta do much to em once you sample them in.....you take a weak drum.....throw it into the eps....and the shit instantly sounds usable.....without adding any effects

but either way....i personally dont like FL.....but i know cats who can make fire with it......either way....choose your poison
    test
  11. Realtime Ent

Realtime Ent T.A.P.

Hardware does have a "larger" sound right out the box.. though this can still be achieved with software.. .. we can do it either way
    test
  12. RZA n Wu 36

RZA n Wu 36 Member

thanks liquid... im not tryin to start shit with the FL users, but they took it as such... i used the program for 2 years and still plan on using it and reason... but with the eps i sample a wack drum from the comp and simple as that its grimey... i really think yall missed the point, it wasnt saying hardware over software, i was making the point that using hardware has been a great experience and it it seriously motivating me right now, the EPS 16+ is sick... and i know u can sound hot on fl... i think Noviss had NO hardware, and to me he is the hottest cat to ever be on the rap music forums... everyone at that time abt 2 yrs ago was almost in full agreement with that statement too... so peole need to chill out, theres nothin wrong with me expressing an opinion, which still stands as i stated above
    test
  13. Mellow Madness

Mellow Madness aKa sTaTiK

test
  14. BANE206

BANE206 New Member

I am far from a fruityloops user.
    test
  15. crazyfoo

crazyfoo New Member

The stupid thing is your talking about the drums being "grimey" as soon as you load them up..

Now if you weren't going to make a track with grimey drums you're pretty f*cked as you cant do anything about it. With FL they are clean so you can do whatever you want with them (providing you have the knowledge, which you dont)
    test
  16. Cowrecked

Cowrecked Nasty Chopz

fruity loops is not a good choice for musicians that like to play all the instruments and samples themselves
    test
  17. beatarkitek

beatarkitek Beatarkitek

Well Its All On What The User Is Most Comfortable With I Started With Reason Then Decided To Get The Mpc 2000xl And Had That For About A Year, I Sold It And Realized It Was Slowing Me Down So Now Im Back With Reason Which Is What I Started With I Dont Notice Much Of A Difference In The Sound, I Bet People Could Not Tell If U Are Using Software Or Hardware , Just A Matter Of Starting Off With Good Samples Period.
    test
  18. Gamshooter

Gamshooter New Member

they do exactly the samething i dont see how it would make u a better musician

unless u never had a midi controller with Fruity Loops and had to click all your shit in?

I put the EPS away along time ago for computer based beats, I was even using it strickly as a midi controller until it fucked off and because its so old
    test
  19. Syntax_Mastery

Syntax_Mastery Emcee/Producer/Engineer

fruity loops rewired into nuendo

solves alot of problems for people who are "musicians" and not strictly samplers.

i want to look into a eps... i could always use some more fat drums in the arsenal...
    test
  20. -GZ-

-GZ- Posts Unfunny Pics

i been thinkin about gettin cubase to rewire fl into actually...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.