New Pope is named Pope Francis of Argentina

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by TheBigPayback, Mar 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

VATICANCITY-- ArgentineJorgeBergogliohas been elected pope,thefirst ever from the Latin America. He has chosen the name Pope Francis.

After just two days of voting, white smoke emanated from the chimney of Sistine Chapel Wednesday, signaling 115 cardinals had selected the new pope.

Shortly after the announcement, Pope Francis appeared on the balcony over St. Peter's Square to greet a cheering crowd. The tens of thousands of gathered to celebrate as the white smoke went up and the bells of St. Peter's Basilicachimed.

Who is Jorge Bergoglio? Ordained minister and professor at Regent University Dr. Corne Bekker, has more following this report on CBN Newswatch, March 13.

The Catholic church's new leader waved to the crowd and asked for prayers for himself and for retired Pope Benedict XVI, who resigned last month.

It took fiverounds of voting to elect Bergoglio as the 266th pope. Despite their being no clear frontrunner, the 76-year old was chosen in one of the fastest conclaves in years.

Pope Francis will now serve as the leader of the world's 1.2 billion Catholics.

Earlier in the day, excitement filled the air as at least 50,000 people filled St. Peter's Square,eagerlyawaiting theappearance of the Catholic Church's new leader.

"I can't explain how happy I am right down," Ben Canete, a 32-year-old Filipino, exclaimed.

Many Catholics, however, were more concerned about overall church leadership than who became pope.

"We expect a good leader in this age where there's a crisis of faith," one woman said. "I think the election of a new pope is a reflection of the direction the Church is going to go in and what the cardinals are thinking."

"I think they've probably lost vision of the future," one Australian man remarked. "Perhaps this one just needs to give us the right direction."

Meanwhile, Father Thomas Reese, author of the book Insidethe Vatican, says the Church needs to confront one of its most serious problems: sex abuse.

"It's been a terrible thing in the Catholic Church, especially for these children that were harmed," he said. "And the American bishops were very strong that any pope they want to see elected is going to have to support zero tolerance for abuse in the Church.

"Any priest that's involved in sexual abuse has to be dismissed, got to be dismissed from the priesthood," he added.

How the Church and the new pope confront this and other challenges remains to be seen, but the world will bewatching.
    test
  2. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

Anyone find it weird they chose him on 3-13-13
    test
  3. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

I don't think this shit should be headline news

for some reason it seems wrong that the news is covering this so intently
    test
  4. Ass Napkin Ed

Ass Napkin Ed DC - 19th & Benning Rd

reason its getting so much coverage
    is this is the new - anti-gay pope who is also strongly against abortion
    more so than the previous pedophile popes
    test
  5. AliceHouse

AliceHouse The House Always Wins

No. Because numerology is bullshit.
    test
  6. Ass Napkin Ed

how is the study of numbers bullshit?
    isnt everything in existence based on some kind of math?
    test
  7. AliceHouse

Because numerology isn't the study of numbers. It's the idea that numbers have magic powers based on arbitrary designations and meanings assigned to them.

Like... your name is Ed. E is the fifth letter of the alphabet. D is the fourth letter of the alphabet. That gives us 54. Five is the devil's number because it's the number of the pentagram. Four is the number of the elements of magic, so that's blatant paganism. From this, you're clearly a godless heathen. Five plus four equals nine. And nine is the number of Hells in the Forgotten Realms.

So based on my numerology calculations, you're Satan because your name is Ed.
    test
  8. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

hahaah fuckin ED!

its also the abbrev. for Erectile Dysfunction
    test
  9. Ass Napkin Ed

Haha pretty funny

but numerology etymology and originates from things like Isopsephy, which is placing value on letters which is an absolute truth and is the original definition of the word
    study of numbers

Alice your using the modern paranormal definition which is not the study of numbers

also cant place Value on Ed without an Ass Napkin :)

cheers!
    test
  10. Ass Napkin Ed

and Alice - whats going on with you and Payback
    is he a christian and your muslim?
    having a crusades war on here or something?

sorry 3rd day on the site
    trying to find out the history
    test
  11. AliceHouse

He's insane. I'm an absurdest.
    test
  12. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

im a Jedi weirdis awesomenus
    test
  13. Ass Napkin Ed

test
  14. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA Well-Known Member

Kind of shocking they've managed to get a new pope so soon...usually took a lot longer.
    test
  15. AliceHouse

I remember this one time it took so damn long we barred the doors and removed their roof and exposed them to the elements just so they'd hurry their asses off. True story.
    test
  16. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA Well-Known Member

At least that wind of change was helpful...
    test
  17. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

Anti christ imo
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.