New Music Thread

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by ghostofmooks, Apr 30, 2012.

1. steevesbryan

steevesbryan New Member

B Steeves new single hits storres may 21st!

free downloads of music from B. Steeves, recently signed artist with smg / universal, single "that's me",hits stores may 21st. go to my page and hit like for me!!I'm #15 on the ReverbNation Rap charts for Portland, OR. I came from being #78. Help me get #1! look me up on fb!
    test
  2. ghostofmooks

ghostofmooks 905

LiNK: De La Soul feat. The Spirit of the Wu: Get Away | Casualties Of A Dice Game

De La Soul and the Wu-Tang Clan stand tall on any list of the most influential rap groups, and the former tapped into inspiration from the latter on their new track “Get Away (feat. the Spirit of the Wu).” Taking a different direction, the Long Island crew wraps words around a dark, spacey beat inspired by RZA’s cabal, giving the hip-hop pioneers a sinister soundscape with disorienting weight.

“I’ve always loved the ‘Intro’ on Disc Two of Wu-Tang Forever – this erie sample with no beat, that they only talked over,” De La Soul’s Posdnuos tells Rolling Stone. “I stumbled on the original sample while crate digging one day, took it straight to the lab and added drums. The feel is definitely gritty, hard and sounds like a Wu record, so out of inspirational respect, we included featuring ‘The Spirit of the Wu’ in the song title.”

“Get Away” will be on De La Soul’s forthcoming album, You’re Welcome, due late fall.

Twitter: @WeAreDeLaSoul

[​IMG]
    test
  3. ghostofmooks

ghostofmooks 905

GURU! New music from Marco Polo x DJ Premier x Talib Kweli. GANGSTARR FOREVER!

LiNK: Marco Polo feat. DJ Premier & Talib Kweli: G.U.R.U. | Casualties Of A Dice Game

[​IMG]

test
  4. ghostofmooks

ghostofmooks 905

LiNK: Copywrite: Carbon Copy’s Phony Art Pub Scam [Album] | Casualties Of A Dice Game

Before we even get to the music, got ahead and take a minute to appreciate the awesomeness of that cover art. Coming off an impressive release with his MHz Legacy crew, Columbus, Ohio emcee and underground veteran Copywrite turns into a one man band with Carbon Copy’s Phony Art Pub Scam ( a play on The Beatles‘ Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Heart Club Band, duh). Copywrite pays homage to one of his favorite groups and albums of all time with this Beatles’ sampled release and premieres it right here with OKP for your listening enjoyment. Since you’d have an easier time clearing the vocals from the sermon on the mount than some Beatles samples, Copywrite is giving this one away for free via Man Bites Dog Records, get it above.

[​IMG]
    test
  5. ghostofmooks

ghostofmooks 905

test
  6. TheRealWarlock

TheRealWarlock Top 5 In The 505

The Warlock - A Part Of My Life

The Warlock - A Part Of My Life

[​IMG]

A Part Of My Life | The Warlock

test
  7. Treyblk

Treyblk New Member

Who is ThePhament?

Has anyone ever heard of the label THE PHAM Ent from the west coast? Trying to find a artist i saw perform at the key club about a month ago??
    test
  8. ghostofmooks

ghostofmooks 905

test
  9. ghostofmooks

ghostofmooks 905

test
  10. ghostofmooks

ghostofmooks 905

test
  11. ghostofmooks

ghostofmooks 905

test
  12. ghostofmooks

ghostofmooks 905

test
  13. ghostofmooks

ghostofmooks 905

test
  14. illaforillaa

illaforillaa Member

David Dallas - Dont want the world . He is from NewZealand and is damn well talented. Check out his other music
    test
  15. TheRealWarlock

The Warlock - Resurfaced Anecdotes Vol. 2 (2013)

[​IMG]

Resurfaced Anecdotes Vol. 2 | The Warlock *FREE DOWNLOAD LINK*

test
  16. ghostofmooks

ghostofmooks 905

[NEW] WU-TANG CLAN: EXECUTiON iN AUTUMN (PROD. FRANK DUKES)

LiNK: http://bit.ly/13B3U4v

Unreleased track from the Wu-Tang Clan titled “Execution In Autumn”. It features verses from Inspectah Deck, Raekwon, RZA and U-God with production from Toronto’s Frank Dukes.

TWiTTER: @WuTangClan @INSpectahDeckWU @Raekwon @RZA @UGODofWUTANG777 @FrankDukes

[​IMG]
    test
  17. ghostofmooks

ghostofmooks 905

test
  18. ghostofmooks

ghostofmooks 905

test
  19. TheRealWarlock

SPUNKY KILLA - "FRESH DROPS & GUEST SPOTS" (2013)

[​IMG]

Fresh Drops & Guest Spots | Spunky Killa

test
  20. ghostofmooks

ghostofmooks 905

The Red Bull Music Academy hosted their “Drum Majors 2013” producer showcase event last month at The Knitting Factory in Brooklyn and invited some of hip-hop’s current hitmakers to showcase some of their biggest hits. One of the event’s attendees was Boi-1da who ran through some of his biggest hits including new beats as well as new music. One of the exclusives 1da spun was a preview of October’s Very Own affiliate, TOPSZN leader, and my good buddy from Westdale, OB O'Brien‘s upcoming joint, “Jewish.”

LiSTEN TO OB O’BRiEN “JEWiSH” HERE: http://bit.ly/11z3G9f

[​IMG]

test