New Microphone. Professional opinion please.

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by Momento, Jun 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Momento

Momento New Member

Nevermind about the microphone. I had to edit this post....

I have done some more research and now I ask about the famous pre-amp question...

looking to spend up to about 200$ for a pre-amp (mixing board or audio interface...)

I am told this is an area to not cop out and spend less but I would like to spend on a budget amount and get started....

this is what I have in mind... suposelly focusrite is known for their preamp
    http://cgi.ebay.ca/New-Focusrite-Saffire-6-USB-Mac-Pc-Free-Mic-Cable-/270700231754?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f06fdbc4a#ht_6499wt_905
    test
  2. capItal eyez

capItal eyez Member

A friend of mine got the saffire and it shit out in a few weeks, but other then that they seem to have good reviews on sweetwater.

Your request is a little confusing do you want a pre amp, or do you want an interface? I'm assuming both
    test
  3. Momento

Momento New Member

Thank you for replying...

I am more looking for a pre amp. Just something to power the condenser that should be on its way. I figured that an audio interface as well would be a plus. I am just looking to rebuild my setup.
    test
  4. nO gOoD!

nO gOoD! Life Music :: Press Play

I currently have an imac, and I use the Tascam us mk122

works wonderful.

[​IMG]
    test
  5. Momento

Momento New Member

Thanks for dropping some line's.

I ended up getting the Focusrite Saffire 6, after doing some research and talking to a few audio engineers, and the Focusrite name seems to be synonymous with good pre-amps. So far a beautiful interface. Teamed up with the Audio Technica At2035, I'm excited to finally drop some more tracks.

I would recommend any of these two pieces of studio equipment to anyone, but then again it's a biased opinion coming from someone who might not have a wide range of experience with all the equipment available out there.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.