New gear being thrown in the car today

Discussion in 'Car & Audio' started by Sir Bustalot, Sep 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

Current set up: Jbl in dash 6 disk changer, 2 jbl 3.5" tweets, 2 jbl 6x6, 2 jbl 6x9's, a 400w JBL amp, and a JBL 12" 300w sub in a bandpass box..

Today im replacing the deck, amp, and the 3.5" lil guys

New deck, popping in a JVC arsenal unit
    2 new kicker 3.5"ers being put in, and a new 500w JL audio amp.

would love to have a pair of those square kicker subs, they boom like a motherfucker, you put them side to side with any brand and the bass coming off those square speakers is unbelievable....2 12" square kickers would have a block rating of atleast 2-3.
    I also love those new JL subs. Those are real nice. I love JL audio products. Used to have some in my old car.
    im way to lazy to build my own box and they charge way too much for speakers already mounted. I swear 2/3 of the price is them building the box and mounting it.

But anywho, in 3hrs ill be annoying people at red lights again. Have had my sub unhooked for a couple of months and i miss it.
    test
  2. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA Well-Known Member

Most people I know, are obsessively buying JVC, because their products are solid and at a decent price range.

Building your own box >>>
    test
  3. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

A deck is a deck basically, ive never fussed over it.

Last minute change, I kept the 3.5" jbl's, and instead im going with 2 new 6x6's that come with tweets, so ill have 9 speakers now instead of 7
    test
  4. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

Alpine Head unit

Boston Acoustics Z's in the front
    Focal in the back
    two JL amps..one powering the speakers one power the Sub
    1 12" JL W6 sub

I play on putting focal 3-way speakers in the fronts but haven't gotten around to it
    test
  5. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

hey shadow does it pound? JL makes some dope subs

my set-up bumps really good and i only have the 1 12" 300w sub

it pounds as loud as i need but BASS is addictive and soon will be upgrading my 6x9's and sub set up. I want a pair of 12's

i really want some of them square kickers... they sound so awesome, if you havent heard them you really need for a stereo guy to show you the awesomeness... You cant get more value for your money than those damn kickers, same with JL though, but JL usually isnt cheap. My next car will be done up in all JL audio i think... except deck, they dont make decks... but JL makes solid shit.
    test
  6. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

i've never bought a system ever.

excessively loud music from cars makes me want to smash the cars. i don't care about your music, i don't want to listen to it, i hate that it interrupts my conversations, i hate that it interrupts my rest, and it generally sucks anyway. stock speakers is as loud as music ever needs to be.

[youtube]xGyKBFCd_u4[/youtube]

applies to loud systems as well.
    test
  7. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

for me its the music buddy is listening too. The shittyer the more annoying.
    I tend to turn down my music unless im on a long stretch of non-stop driving.
    But i love loud music. In my house or in my car either way i love it loud and thumping...

went all out and upgraded everything but my sub.... got new alpine 6x9's today. Shit pounds now and im pleased lol.

new JVC deck
    new 6.5" alpine type s mids
    new alpine 1" tweets (component with the 6.5")
    new 6x9 alpine type s 3 ways
    new JL amp
    and have a 12" JBL gto sub in a Bandpass box

and all i went in for was new tweets... problem was the original 3.5" kickers were too deep to fit, so i couldnt get em. So instead as an alternative I replaced my jbl 6x9's with some quality alpine 6.5" component joints, with the component 1" replacing the dash tweets, so it was 1 buy that replaced 2 sets of speakers there.

i went from a full JBL set up to a mutt. Jvc, JBL, alpine, JL. Aside from my jbl sub the JBL set up i had was all just the factory stereo 6-speaker upgrade you can opt to get with all newer Camry's, mines an 02. It sounded good but was just a factory upgrade and not that great compared to todays standards. Besides once you replace 2 of the 6 with some quality speakers it kinda makes the other 4 sound shit. So i ended up replacin them all. But now i want to get another sub haha but then i need another amp. It never ends...
    test
  8. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

The W6's are more musical but if i allow it, it will bumps....The W7s are serious tho. I just think it's too much for my son to have to sit through lol but i love my JLs. Like you said...bass is addicting and i'm keeping myself from upgrading...The speakers need to be upgraded tho :-D...

JLs and Alpine are nice equipment...i'm not a fan of JVC tho...Head units can make or break the system. If the head unit doesn't have enough power, they can blow your speakers. Be cautious but everything else is nice. Depending on the type of sound you want in your car, alpine is definitely the route. Good looks so far
    test
  9. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

oh its a sweet JVC head unit, its the JVC kda535. Its only con is its not as cool looking as some others out there, but its quality and capabilities are all a nigel needs. My systems only con is the bass makes the rear deck rattle and it bugs the fuck outta me. I gotta fix that shit.

ive read about the w6's and w7's. JL makes good shit
    test
  10. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

Did you dynamite the trunk?

Yea those two model subs are awesome. no complaints so far...I almost decided to get two w6's instead of the 1 but didn't want to spend the money at the time.
    test
  11. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

no i didnt, im actually thinking about bolting it down, right now i have shit stuffed up near the back window to keep it from rattling lol... the ghetto dynamat
    test
  12. GaLaTeA

test
  13. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

Yea if you want good sound....gotta spend the cash lol. Dynamat shouldn't be too expensive.

Gal - I've had a head unit from them. It's not bad but i'd prefer Alpine or Kenwood.
    test
  14. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

Ive never had pioneer

my friend had pioneer use his truck as a demo competition vehicle. He paid for it but it was a complete custom overhaul and made his ride into a stereo competition vehicle, it was so loud that the air inside vibrated so violently that your hair would fly around. 100% pioneer and it was the loudest ive ever heard... but it wasnt your average install, and the kid had unlimited funds when getting it all put in... it was all custom molded into the interior and bed of his truck. His system was worth like 15-20g's after all the customized shit.
    test
  15. GaLaTeA

And you say he still has all his car windows despite the system being that loud?

:scared:
    test
  16. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

yeah he had to actually roll down the windows to put it at full volume.

the shit was mindboggling and he had this special BASS CD that just had bass notes and it was the craziest shit ever
    test
  17. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

nice...you gotta tailor your sound system around the type of sound you like. My sounds can get bassy as well
    test
  18. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

well mine sounds wicked badass with rock, and most hip hop, but with rap it depends on the kind of bass, but once i solve that rear deck rattle it will be fine, thats the only con.
    test
  19. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

Mine does too....I don't have my trunk dynamated tho...Just around the speakers.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.