New Floyd Mayweather Jr Videos....who are those 2 cholos with him?

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by VishTaphney, Feb 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

lmao dude knocked shane mosley down something vicious but mosley showed he has a tough chin and recovery.

it reminded me when ernie shavers hit larry holmes with that punch but it was amazing that holmes came back after that fight...

very few fighters have quick recovery like that after a vicious punch.

allan green is another one with awesome recovery.

also mayorga was robbed against cory sphinks
    test
  2. ~OMagic~

~OMagic~ Well-Known Member

lol I believe Roy Jones may have the worst recovery ever

I remember when Glen Johnson kncked him senseless... Roy was laying on the canvas with like stif arms, I swear he had the living version of rigormortus

Word is bond, me and my pops was watching it and I thought Roy had died, real talk
    test
  3. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

what do you expect lol roy was all reflexes thats what happend when you dont get touched on the chin often...your chin needs to be tested once and a while.

i have to admit floyd jr has been hit clean on the chin a couple of times and he didnt even drop his chin is better then roys...plus floyd does those neck weights.

i think with glen johnnson its because his head hit the back of the canvas usually thats what causes the concussion....glen johnson pushed him down hard after he caught him basically and his head smacked the canvas...but that shit was scary roy had lock jaw...

that knockout against tarver was crazy as hell! first time i seen grown men cry lol seriously roys fan boys were in tears.

jones possibly has the weakest chin in boxing right now...weaker then zab judahs...zab gets caught but he can recover he just happen to do a chicken dance cause he didnt gather his senses when he stood up.

shane mosley has an amazing chin! dude fights bigger guys and goes toe 2 toe with them lol.

another guy whether you like him or not that has an amazing chin is paulie malinagggi! remember that cotto fight cotto was throwing some vicious hooks breaking paulies facial cheek bone and then breaking his jaw and nose...but that dude still fought hard.
    test
  4. dun dun dun dun

dun dun dun dun New Member

Yeah, that right uppercut, left hook, right cross combination that put Shane down was something serious. But I really thought that the headbutt fucked Shane up; he was doing pretty well in the first round.

Speaking of lack of recovery, one of the best knockouts I have ever seen was Julian Jackson vs. Herol Graham. Graham possessed a very good defense, and had been butchering Jackson's face throughout the first 3 rounds. At the end of the 3rd round, the ring doctor said that he was going to give Jackson just 1 more round before the fight was going to be stopped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL86dJEXkLI

Graham was unconscious before he hit the floor.
    test
  5. ~OMagic~

Yeah, I fucks with Paulie... his mouthing off spices up the game a bit

and with Zab, I dont really think his chin is terribly weak, I think its more of his legs. lol them shits wobble all the time and sometimes he cant control them.

like Baldomir didnt really hit him hard, but his legs just lost it

and word, I dont think Roy ever hit before, then once he got hit nigga aint know where the fuck he was, lol nigga looked like he got tucked in for bed after Glen hit him.

lol and that neck weight shit look retarded when Floyd does it, looks like some head giving excercise
    test
  6. dun dun dun dun

Remember when HBO Boxing After Dark used to be a show that pitted two young, hungry prospects against one another or showcased a crossroads fight between two great fighters?

Last night should've been Andre Berto vs. Joel Julio/Ishe Smith vs. Sechew Powell/Paul Malignaggi vs. Demetrius Hopkins. Oh well.
    test
  7. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

^lmao it might look goofy but that shit helps alot!I personally dont do it anymore because its pretty dangerous i remember getting my neck cramp shit is painful!!! the worst.

bernard does the same neck excersice floyd jr does and look how solid that dudes chin is.
    test
  8. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

exactly!

BAD had morales vs barrera on! thats how good it was before.

andre berto to me is the truth...the guy has the package he has power speed, he is crafty he can box and he can take a punch.

i would love to see rock allen vs paulie!

but man berto is a big dude! the guy started off fighting at 160! and he slowly went down to 147 no wonder he has amazing power.
    test
  9. ~OMagic~

if Berto continues to progress he will be a problem for anybody
    test
  10. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

the dude wants to be a title holder already...he called out oscar dela hoya after his win he was yelling it to lou dibella after the fight...i think he needs to realize oscar right now would tear him up...berto doesnt need to rush...but of the 2004 olympians he has taken the hard opposition...andre ward lol dude is fighting salesman and dude was a gold medalist.

another good prospect at 140 is amir khan this dude is getting huge in england he could be the next dela hoya...he is the opposite of prince naseem.

the kid gots class, he is presentable, good looking and he can fight.silver medelist at the 2004 olympics and he is only 19.

[youtube]0U_6S8B-phY[/youtube]
    test
  11. ~OMagic~

About the got class comment... I dont think so all the time.

Didnt he get into some trouble dealing with speeding or whatever??

and recently he made some ignorant comments about the US

but i hear he is good but is still fighting complete nobodies, so well see
    test
  12. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

I think khans comments are blown out of proportion cause of all the hype around him...he is like oscar there in britain the kid has barely got 11 fights but they are hyping him hard just like oscar.

they say he is the anti naseem hamed complete opposites.
    test
  13. dun dun dun dun

Khan has looked impressive so far, but he is nowhere on the level of Oscar after each had their first 11 fights.
    test
  14. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

well those are pretty big shoes to fill...and oscar started at 130 and amir is fighting at 140....i think amir will be moving up to 147 and 154 the guy is only 19 and he growing.

as far as opposition oscar by far had the better opposition as well as floyd.
    test
  15. dun dun dun dun

Here are some interesting statistics for you. Take it with a grain of salt.

Through their first 11 fights:

Gold medalist Oscar De La Hoya's opponents: 390 total fights, 109 total knockout wins
    Bronze medalist Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s opponents: 312 total fights, 63 total knockout wins
    Silver medalist Amir Khan's opponents: 304 total fights, 40 total knockout wins

Keep in mind that the records are as of today, so Mayweather and De La Hoya's opponents' knockout statistics would look better if it was 1997 and 1993 respectively. Khan's management must really be worried about his chin.
    test
  16. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

khans promoter is frank the worm warren.

guess what warren is the man of unfullfilled promises! he promised amir a title shot before he reached 21...and guess what amir will be 21 soon and warren said no title shot.

i also heard you have to be 21 to fight for the british commonwealth title.

frank warren is the worst thing to happen to british boxing.
    test
  17. Syza Koza

Syza Koza New Member

^you have to be 21 to fight for the British title, not the commonwealth, European or World.

As far as Khan is concerned, he is still RAELLY young.. just 19/20.. if he's fighting for the British title at the end of 07, we should be happy, especially with goggle eyes as his promoter.

His knock out on saturday showed much improvements.. he kept his hands up, and the punch was pure timing and power (something I still believe it a little overated about khan.. he doesn't seem to have a great deal of power, but we'll see).

Oh, and another thing - he's fighting at 135 at the moment, but he's still growing so i'd expect him to be at 140+ in 2-3 years.

He's a massive prospect, but as for world title credentials.. we just don't know yet. David Haye is by far the more likely to win a world title.

On a different note, did anyone hear about the Bell hatchet thing? lmao.. dude said he was carrying an axe when running in case he came across a wild bear or smoe shit lmmmfao
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.