New Floyd Mayweather Jr Videos....who are those 2 cholos with him?

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by VishTaphney, Feb 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ~OMagic~

~OMagic~ Well-Known Member

Quote me ever saying it was the same thing, It's the SAME EFFECT
    test
  2. ~OMagic~

Once again you are completely wrong... The fuck, I swear I do not believe you have EVER been right about anything.

People were arguing the whole first page about who would win and I came in and said arguements like this are pointless because we will never see them in the ring... I predicted this nonsense would keep going on and on with nothing every being settled.

Not once in this thread have I argued to defend Floyd, not once have I said Floyd would win, not once have I said Floyd would lose.

On some real shit, you are wrong 100% of the time.

Why dont you just stick to posting 3 year old videos of Floyd at a club and saying "He has no game hahahaha" and then turn around and call other childish. Because that is the only thing you are good at.

Honestly, re read over all of your shit... you call people childish every chance you get, yet you post videos of Floyd at the club saying he has no game, you post videos of Floyd with body guards and cliam he doesnt need them, you consistently post childish nonsense then turn around all call others childish.

If I were to start posting Manny Pacquiao hideous music videos and songs, and start posting nonsense articles about his political nonsense or his ridiculous promotional fuck ups then maybe you could call me childish.

But nobody does that besides you... WHY???? Because YOU are childish, not others, it is YOU.
    test
  3. dun dun dun dun

dun dun dun dun New Member

Yeah, and that effect is speed. But notice how the methods towards improving sprinting speed has evolved quite dramatically throughout the last few decades while the methods towards improving hand speed has more or less remained the same.

You're arguing two totally different things. Now if you'll point out where I'm arguing science and also where I stated that one fighter's speed from the earlier decades would completely overwhelm another fighter's speed from present times, I would appreciate it.
    test
  4. ~OMagic~

So the only type of speed in boxing is HAND SPEED??

What about foot speed?? the overall movements of the body?? etc..
    test
  5. dun dun dun dun

Hand speed isn't the only type of speed in boxing, but it's certainly more important than foot speed. How many champions right now have poor hand speed but blazing foot speed? I really can't think of any from boxing history, let alone present times.
    test
  6. ~OMagic~

In the case of Duran vs. Floyd... Lets say Durans best shot is at being relentless, don't you think Floyds foot speed would be a huge factor?

I mean, there are all sorts of things you have to take into effect when you are trying to figure out who would win these imaginary match ups.

Thats why I stay away from them... look, we are on page 5 with nothing settled still.
    test
  7. dun dun dun dun

I also thought initially that Mayweather's foot speed and agility might give Duran some problems. But then I recalled how much trouble Castillo and Chavez gave Floyd, and Duran could cut off the ring better than both of those fighters combined.
    test
  8. ~OMagic~

The 2007 Floyd is better than the Floyd that Castillo and Chavez faced... I think those fights made Floyd fine tune his game even more.

After the Castillo fight people thought "Im gonna be be on Floyd all day, thats the formula"

Gatti really thought he had Floyd figured out, lol, that didnt turn out too well... Baldomir really thought he had the formula too, that also didnt turn out too well.

I still think the ONLY guys with a chance to touch Floyd are the faster fighters. Zab proved that in the early going. When both fighters speed are on the same level it makes things neutral. Zab was able to get to Floyd more than anyone else, and easier than anyone else.

Against Chavez and Castillo I thought Floyd seemed slightly sluggish compared to how he fights now... Floyd bounces around a lot more now and he doesnt get tired. Against Castillo I thought Floyd gottired sometimes, which is when he found himself walking near the ropes.
    test
  9. Syza Koza

Syza Koza New Member

I don't know if he got tired, but if he did, it was because he was in with a WORLD CLASS pressure fighter.

Gatti was a punching bag, who came with the wrong tactics and did NOT pressure floyd at all and Baldomir wasn't great to start with, although he did pressure floyd and got beat hands down easily. He's just a hard working, decent pro. The type of guy that Duran, Leonard et al has on their record but no-one cares to mention.

I don't remember the Chavez fight too well, but he's not an elite fighter neither, he's a good one, though.
    test
  10. ~OMagic~

The slick Floyd that fought Baldomir, I dont care who you are... theres only a slim few guys who would have been able to get to him that night in my opinion.
    test
  11. dun dun dun dun

Gatti tried to outbox Mayweather; he didn't try to pressure Mayweather at all. And Baldomir, though a solid fighter, is one of the slowest fighters Floyd has ever faced. Zab was looking equally as impressive against Baldomir before his lack of defense failed him.

Pressure is the way to beat Mayweather. I've always believed that Floyd has the advantage over quick fighters who can box and slug. Though Zab won the first half of the fight, Floyd cleverly adjusted from his half-guard defense to a more conventional full-guard. I see him doing the same thing to fighters such as Camacho, Saddler, Nelson, etc. Not simply adjusting a defense, but adjusting a whole gameplan over the first few rounds of the fight.
    test
  12. ~OMagic~

Word, some people say pressure is the way to go, I'm not sure. I've always thought speed is the way to go because in order to beat speed you have to nuetralize it first.

Thats why I think someone like Shane would give Floyd some issues.

Thats also why I believe Oscar has so many stipulations for Floyd, he knows that he has to nuetralize his speed.... Small ring, heavier gloves, punchers gloves, weight stipulations etc, all of those are attempts to neutralize speed.
    test
  13. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

I agree with both syza and omagic.

there is 2 ways you can be a great pressure fighter who can cut off the ring or you have to have awesome knowledge of the ring and be able neutralize the speed.

2 good examples

hatton can pressure floyd hatton may not have technical skills he is sloppy and not pretty to watch but he will apply constant pressure which makes it hard to think and adjust and react. Example sam soliman was confusing the shit outta winky wright even though he lost he made winky fight by pressuring him and moving around. floyd is a sharp shooter and his accuracy is like no other right now.

the other guy is shane mosley...he would use his fast hand speed and flurries to confuse floyd, shane would just go in and out and he can move out quick so you cant touch him it would be tough for floyd a guy who likes to pot shot guys.

personally i think oscar will get the job done on may 5th.

oscar is a different guy then when he fought pernell and pernell is pure defense and quickness unlike floyd, floyd is all around fighter.

oscar was young back then he can cut off the ring and use his size and hand speed and feints...and hopefully land that feint left hook.
    test
  14. Syza Koza

Syza Koza New Member

Wasn't it Forrest that, after beating Mosley, said that the only way to beat speed is with a good jab.

Interestingly, Oscar has one of the best, sharpest jabs of recent memory, imo.
    test
  15. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

oscar has an awesome jab whats good about it is he knows when to use it and its effective.

but look for oscar to go back to his old warrior ways he has roach in his corner roach said he is only gonna go over a strategy and plan with oscar and execute it...roach also said floyd aint perfect and on may 5th you will see.

if roach is able to pull this off with a good strategy then this guy has got to be up there in the top 3 trainers of all time.

i mean floyd sr talks about how he is the best...but roach in my opinion along with manny steward are the best right now because of gameplan! they know exactly how to neutralize and win fights and weak and strong points they do what a good trainer should.

floyd sr is not good at strategy heck you dont even know whats coming out his mouth when he talks to you he slurs so much lol...but he can develop your fundemental skills as a fighter just not game plans.
    test
  16. Syza Koza

Syza Koza New Member

lmao @ that floyd senior comment. Forreal, I laugh every time i see his face and hear him talk.

He looks like the predator.
    test
  17. ~OMagic~

lol I wouldnt really take advice from Forrest, he had Shane's number and thats about it.

I tend to agree with all the great knowledgable heads when it comes to neutralizing speed. For the most part all of the greats pretty much agree that only speed nuetralizes speed.

Some may say power does it, but you have to be able to hit the person with that power in order to nuetralize them
    test
  18. dun dun dun dun

Forrest had a good jab, but an even better headbutt.

Shane was robbed!
    test
  19. Syza Koza

Syza Koza New Member

Forrest had a great jab imo, in the lower/middle weights, only 3rd behind Oscar and Quartey.
    test
  20. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

its funny how floyd sr dissed roach but floyd sr obviously shouldnt talk just by hearing his punch drunk voice you can tell he wasnt a great slick boxer like his son you only get that kinda voice when you been hit in the cranium to much lol.

everything that comes out floyd sr mouth is a cuss word too lol i remember him talking to a christian interviewer and then he started saying "lil floyd better respect his father dats wha it say in da mufucking Bible"
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.