New Floyd Mayweather Jr Videos....who are those 2 cholos with him?

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by VishTaphney, Feb 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R3flex

R3flex Smackin Ya Manses

In recent news: Judah vs. Cotto is signed.

Will Cotto play the role of Tszyu and make Judah do the 2-step or will this be the huge fight where Judah finally puts it all together and gets that monumental win?

My man dundundundun already made a thread, so hit that up and post thoughts.
    test
  2. Syza Koza

Syza Koza New Member

Zab to be competitive for 3-4 rounds Max then Cotto takes over and stops Zab Mid to late.
    test
  3. ~OMagic~

~OMagic~ Well-Known Member

I am not arguing it based on video footage... the fuck

I told you that when you watch each eras video footage everyone will seem the same because its proportional, do you know what that means??

Can I ask what everyones education level is in this thread?
    test
  4. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

teen prodigy is that you?

dog now you gonna try to diss peoples education? you gotta be the most pompous boxing fan i know...i mean i dont even think your a boxing fan in general you only really watch 1 fighter and ride him to the sunset.
    test
  5. ~OMagic~

Again, no matter how much you WANT to be correct you are always wrong.

I watch ANY and EVERY boxing event that comes on HBO or Showtime when I am home because I dont have a cable box here in my apartment at school.

And no I do not only watch one fighter, as a matter of fact this will hurt your heart but I ordered Pacquiao's last PPV even and I didnt even watch Floyds fight until it was on youtube, and I have still never seen it all the way through.

That must hurt your heart knowing I discredit your "Floyd nug hugger" allegations once again.

I asked what everyones educational level was NOT to diss people, I just want to know because the things I am discussing about the human body dealing with biology and physics is simple stuff you should have learned in a freshman level science course.

And if some of you havent taken these courses then I can understand why it is harder to comprehend for some people.
    test
  6. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

at least you admit you didnt watch the whole floyd fight i give you props for that...now when you gonna admit the reason because you fell asleep during the fight? hahaahah

jk
    test
  7. dun dun dun dun

dun dun dun dun New Member

No need for petty insults. You say you're not arguing it based on video footage, yet in the next sentence you mention video footage! Which one is it?

One second in footage from the 70's equates to one second in footage in contemporary times, regardless of proportions.
    test
  8. Syza Koza

Syza Koza New Member

For what it's worth, I'm working through my bachelors degree in Business Studies: Marketing Management.

lol
    test
  9. ~OMagic~

You still dont comprehend
    test
  10. ~OMagic~

I would guess you were in college, because you are the only one who seems to be intelligent.

Me and you have our dissagrements on the whole Floyd/Hatton type shit, but as far as inteligent shit that is already proven you shit down.

Like its a proven fact that humans, especially athletes as a whole these days are bigger, faster, stronger, etc... but you have some people in here arguing against it.

50 years ago a 9.9 in the 100 meters was fast and blew away the competition... These days that same speed wont even get you into the olympic trials.

Then you have the idiot here on some "running track is irrelevant to boxing"... Its not the running track you moron, its the SPEED. SPEED is SPEED no matter what you are doing. It is PROVEN that humans and even more so athletes are faster now than they were 30 years ago. The technology boom is the main cause of that... there is no arguing with that, but we have people in here who continue to argue against it.

Lets break it down one last time

1970 100 meter dash

The winner of the event looks blazing fast as he blows away the comp.

2007 100 meter dash

The winner of the event looks blazing fast as he wins.

So you say... damn I wonder who would win between these two guys.

Then you look at the times they ran... 1970 guy ran it in a 9.9 which was how fast dudes were back then... 2007 guy ran it in a 9.77, which is what dudes these days run it in.

The reason they both looked equally as fast when you watch the seperate videos is because their speed was proportional against their respective competition.
    test
  11. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

^lmao you always do that when someone else calls you out!

you try to take side omagic....just cause dun dun dun called you up on something.

now you gonna say syza is more intelligent then someone else? from what i know you have been dissing hatton and syza was the one taking it very maturely he is more civilized then you omagic.

and i agree with dun dun dun no need for those PETTY INSULTS!

im thinking your a rich kid as well huh omagic? probally had a benz handed to him fresh outta highschool.

cause your act like a spoiled brat when people dont agree with him.
    test
  12. ~OMagic~

I said Syza seems inteligent because he does... You still havent mentioned what kind of schooling you have gotten.

I dont think Syza has argued about the shit I am trying to prove to you guys in this thread yet, possibly has he taken a higher level physics or biology class.

And my life story doesnt pertain to anything in here, so I wont get into that, but again you are wrong about it. Thats all I will say.
    test
  13. dun dun dun dun

You're really showing your lack of class by these pathetic insults. I'm trying to get a grasp of what you're trying to say, but your explanations are quite poorly worded and in many cases, completely irrelevant. And you're retarded if you think I was arguing against the notion that athletes from decades ago were bigger, faster, stronger. If you actually looked at my post instead of basing this off of your fantasy assumptions, you would see that I conceded that contemporary athletes have much more of a physical advantage, however that does not mean that they are the better boxers.

But playing Devil's Advocate, if today's boxers are so much faster than boxers from past decades, then how come some of the fastest boxers in history were from the 1980's? Leonard, Davis Jr., Taylor, Camacho; the list goes on and on. Surely today's technology boom would produce fighters that are somewhat comparable?
    test
  14. dun dun dun dun

Seriously, though. You need to fucking grow up and realize that everyone who disagrees with you isn't an "idiot." Especially when I'm trying to have a sensible discussion with you.
    test
  15. ~OMagic~

Re read all of my posts and you will see I NEVER said being faster, stronger, bigger means ur the better boxer.

But when you say something for example like "So and so was so fast back in the day, that speed would be too much for so and so from today" you are wrong. Because yes he may have been fast against people from his day, but that does not mean it will carry over.

I still would like to know everyones education level in here, I know I am not the smartest person, but I was just wondering everyones education levels simply because I am wondering why people didnt grasp what I said.

I am not trying to diss anyone when I am asking this, that is some people having a guilty conscious
    test
  16. ~OMagic~

and I only start calling people idiots until its deep in the arguement, the point where they have been annoying. and to me, people arguing against science was annoying
    test
  17. ~OMagic~

and to clear EVERYTHING up

I am 100% NOT saying Duran wouldnt be the same now that he was when he boxed, I am simply saying that there is so much that you really have to think about and factor into the debate when arguing who would win, old vs. new. Which is why I stay away from it.

Stuff like the classic "Ali vs. Tyson" and "1972 Dolphins vs. Todays best team" are some of the things I hate.

Just let the old be the old, and let the new be the new. I mean, everyone can have their opinion on who would win, but I hate when it turns into some big ass debate/arguement. Because it will never get anywhere, we will never see them fight.
    test
  18. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

this all started because dun dun said duran could be floyd....and then all hell broke lose omagic got heated! how dare someone go against floyd! lol

its funny how omagic doesnt realize how he looks...the guy is clearly a nut hugger.

if you go against floyd and be unbiased one time he takes offence.

I laugh at omagic...the guy is trully petty.
    test
  19. dun dun dun dun

When did I ever say this? I said Duran looked no slower than today's lightweights, and you somehow interpreted that as:

"So and so was so fast back in the day, that speed would be too much for so and so from today" ?
    test
  20. dun dun dun dun

Again, please point out when I'm arguing against science. You began the childish name-calling because you could not find sufficient amount of evidence to back up your claim that boxers today are faster than boxers from the 60's-80's. Sorry, but sprinting speed and punching speed are NOT the same thing.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.