New features you might have missed Vol. 1: "Battle Vid" filter

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by JobOne, Jun 22, 2013.

1. JobOne

JobOne Man of the Hour

In an effort to bring awareness to new features that people may have overlooked with the new format, I've decided to highlight new features until they are done updating the site.

Today's feature: battlevidbutton.png

Very easy to use and makes searching for battle videos on the forum simpler than ever before.

Aside from the old use of merely highlighting battle videos to separate them from other threads it not also serves the function of filtering the threads.

Simply click on the battlevidbutton.png button to the left the the thread title and it will display all the battle video threads like this:

Battlevidsfilter.png

You can now easily scan back through past battles that have been posted, presumably since they first started being highlighted.

Go ahead click on the button to try it for yourself:
    battlevidbutton.png

If you'd like to remove the filter, just scroll back up to the top of the threads list and click on the filter to remove it and go back to the normal view.

removefilter.png
    • Hot Thread Hot Thread x 2
    test
  2. EmSeeD10

EmSeeD10 Well-Known Member

hmm..I guess thats kinda useful, but the battle threads stand out more to me when the whole thing is highlighted

Also, when you hover over the battle vid button, the whole thing goes white so you can't read the words on it, js

But overall I've actually gotten used to this design now and I'm starting to like it, I like the alerts rather than notifications on the old site. You can now just hover over the alerts and see what it is, with notifications you had to click on it just to make it go away
    test
  3. JobOne

JobOne Man of the Hour

Why would you need to read what words it says on the button when you hover over it?

Good point about the alerts. I might have to mention that when I talk about the differences with alerts on the site.
    test
  4. JobOne

JobOne Man of the Hour

The other thing is that the battle threads don't need to "stand out" more like they used to because you can use the filter to filter out all the non-battle threads.

If you are worried you might have missed a battle that got posted, clicking the filter lines all the threads up so you don't even have to scroll down through a page or pages to attempt to find what you missed.
    test
  5. FeedMeMore

FeedMeMore Moderator

A cool feature i guess I like most of the new site
    test
  6. MindTaker

MindTaker GFY

Are you gonna do these for some of the other features as well @JobOne? Like, we got the media feature, the improved messaging system, the chat, etc.
    test
  7. MindTaker

MindTaker GFY

Are you gonna do these for some of the other features as well @JobOne? Like, we got the media feature, the improved messaging system, the chat, etc.
    test
  8. JobOne

JobOne Man of the Hour

Yeah, I was planning to do more and then compile them in an easy-to-navigate list but I was trying to space the threads out since it was so slow, so they weren't all sitting together on the front page, and I just forgot all about it.

If people have any more suggestions about improvements/features they like, just let me know in these threads or in a PM. I'll check either one.
    test