NEW BROTIME TRACK!!! Sampled some elvis for this one

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by MC D Peezy, Jan 23, 2014.

1. MC D Peezy

MC D Peezy Member

• Hot Thread Hot Thread x 1
    test
  2. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Flow's proper, did the beat justice..
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  3. MC D Peezy

MC D Peezy Member

Whoah!! Huh?!
    test
  4. MC D Peezy

MC D Peezy Member

Wow... now I kind of feel like a dick after all that
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  5. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Don't worry - it's all hood. I'll give props where props are due. :)
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  6. MC D Peezy

MC D Peezy Member

Well damn... thanks a lot!! I really do appreciate it
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  7. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Yw. It's tracks like this precise one you've posted that are missing nowadays, imo..
    test
  8. MC D Peezy

MC D Peezy Member

Wow, well that's about the highest compliment I think anyone's given me on it. I mean all my friends and our fb page likers have really responded to it. But at least half the likers on the page know me in some way so it's hard to ever get honest opinions on stuff so thanks a lot. I just started fucking around with rapping about 6 months ago. I do feel like this is the first track where I sort of found my voice and feel more comfortable. But again, thanks that's really cool of you after that whole heated thing going on earlier haha
    test
  9. MC D Peezy

MC D Peezy Member

And I honestly don't have any ego whatsoever when it comes to my rap skills or anything. I feel like my writing is somewhat strong but I just need to keep working on the flow more. But yeah, I mean this whole thing started as something funny to send to my friends, and most likely won't ever go too far beyond that haha
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  10. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

The more you'll perfect your craft, the more concepts you'll turn into tracks, the more verses written, the more growth you'll show as an artist.

French have a phrase saying "je voudrais flaner avec toi", with "flaner" meaning to walk around aimlessly - in this case meaning never say never - sometimes things start as a hobby and transcend far, far beyond that.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  11. MC D Peezy

MC D Peezy Member

Yeah I guess I wouldn't rule it out as impossible. It's definitely been a lot of fun doing it so far. And I really like that quote, it's very insightful. It definitely helped that with this new one, I had my buddy send me the sample he made first, listened to it for a bit, and then started writing. Whereas usually I'll just come over with some pages of lyrics and he'll show me beats hes been making and we'll just try and mash it up right then and there haha. A recording session for one of our songs is probably a 3-5 hr process, and then my friend takes a couple days to fix it all up. Then I just pump out one of those simple little youtube videos in about an hr. and that's pretty much our operation haha
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  12. Smouble ML

Smouble ML 90% In NFL Playoff Predictions

If u actually redid this in a studio you could get this on a movie or commercial or something.

It has that weird/mtv type vibe but catchy.

Could be a one hit wonder. Redo this professionaly and get a PROFESSIONAL video for it. Like a legit good looking video and spread it everywhere.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  13. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

3-5 hrs isn't half bad - been listening to studio horror stories of people repeating the same verse for 12+ hrs and still not doing it right. But, yeah, mastering takes a bit longer in general..

Not sure where you're from, but there's a guy by the name of Nimrod on here (usually posts in AEH) that's a really talented video director - perhaps one day in the future, RM will be lucky enough to potentially see a mixmash of your sound+his visual..
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  14. MC D Peezy

MC D Peezy Member

Haha yeah man this whole thing is for fun so I def wouldn't mind being a one hit wonder. I would consider that a success haha. Yeah I've recorded nothing professionally. It's just me and my friend mainly doing it. he makes the beats, I do the raps. Sometimes I have friends that play guitar, keyboard, sing, do percussion work, etc. Very grassroots operation haha
    test
  15. MC D Peezy

MC D Peezy Member

Wow!! yeah that would be really cool. Always trying to think of new and interesting things to do, ya know? It's definitely getting easier to record the verses. The first couple times it did take longer than 5 hrs probably but I have no experience rapping other than while I'm driving rapping over MF Doom, Action Bronson, MC Paul Barman, Rushden and Diamonds, etc. Those are my main types of influences. Oh and we're from slightly south of Houston, TX in the suburbs haha.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  16. Smouble ML

Smouble ML 90% In NFL Playoff Predictions

I have an ear for this kind of thing. Perfect the song..record it professionally and then do a legit video. Don't dio no home recorded stuff.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  17. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Audio emcee hookups are where most of the producers, (battle) rappers, singers, beat makers, etc. post - if you'll venture networking around RM, you're going to be bound to run into them..

Much like everything in life, everything's challenging/hard until you get a hang of it and master it. Studio recording being no different.

Ooooo, la, la... those are some of the greatest rappers ever..
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  18. MC D Peezy

MC D Peezy Member

Thanks, that's good advice man. I would hope to do that eventually. Shit is hectic right now with work and school all day everyday, but I would love to do that someday soon.
    test
  19. MC D Peezy

MC D Peezy Member

Haha, yeah they're my idols. Especially MF Doom for probably the past 7 years. I could never listen to enough doom. I'm so new to this site still I barely know how it works haha. But that would be cool find likeminded collaborators eventually. I've had some studio recording experience but that was as a drummer. That was always my main thing. This rap thing sprung up from just being really drunk one night and listening to a couple of my friends mess around with some beat making software and I suddenly decided I wanted to write lyrics to it, and the rest is history haha
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  20. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Suffice it to say, I'm digging your music taste..

[​IMG]

A belated welcome to RM.. Hopefully you'll stick around..

And people say alcohol only leads to bad, bad things.. :funny:
    test