New Beat: Martian Marmalade

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum aka Billy Shoreview

test
  2. k.s.

k.s. .

lol this is some funky shiiiit.
    but everything sounds on point man.. feels like im walking down a busy new york street on a sunny ass friday lmao, sound like it could be an intro for a feel good movie. you should try to make a calm mellow r&b type beat next, you might excel there. something like Tyga - Regular Girl, that's a dope ass beat I've been trying to make one like it for a few days now.
    test
  3. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

Sound like some old school feel good shit.....could see it possibly as a pop record today with the right artist on it

you agree now that using equipment is unparalleled right?
    test
  4. YB MUZiK

YB MUZiK Active Member

A real poppish sounds here, it's cool for what it is man. I think quality and everything else are just fine too. Nice work on the bassline, it really carried this. Keep it up homie, hit me back when you get a chance g.
    test
  5. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

My mind keeps going in two directions with it. Real talk, there are some things that I prefer using the phone for with regards to drums. I had such detailed control over velocity and panning on the fly, it was ridiculous. Then, I was at a show in downtown L.A. a month ago with Odd Future, and this dj came on afterwards and did a set with an ipad that was crazy. Would've been impossible to do with real gear. I think what will happen will be a merging of the two. I have a big Wacom board I use for Photoshop, and what I see happening is something akin to where one of those big touch screens (which I use as my mouse, I rarely use it for photoshop) actually has a screen in it that becomes modular. One second, it's a control surface for a daw, next preset, it's like a drum machine, then its...idunno, an oscilator or whatever.

I say this because there are times when I'm making something like this beat right here and I'm like "damn, I wish I had the functionality of the iphone for this part."

Strange, I know. Especially since I refuse to go back to that fucking app these days...
    test
  6. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

lol...yeah I think the digital interfaces will definitely add something but i just don't think it'll ever replace using a real interface.

kinda like typing on a touch screen, it's just not the same
    test
  7. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

Exactly. But it damn sho replaced buttons on a phone! So for some things, yes, and for others, notso much. I just like the idea of one thing being multifunctional.
    test
  8. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

soultan still doin' it. big ups man
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.