New beat from this up and coming producer

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by Sin-Tax, Sep 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sin-Tax

Sin-Tax New Member

test
  2. phillipdrummond

phillipdrummond get at me for footage

advice:
    1) don't use synthesizers unless you're a dope composer, you'll make shitty beats
    2) get better drums sounds, that clap was bad, the kick is pretty bad, use hi hats
    3) dig for records to get dope samples, if you ain't got a turntable, buy one and go to goodwill and dig for weird or obscure records. if you ain't got money to do that, get soulseek and d/l tons of music and learn to chop up and layer samples. get drum kits (single hits) from tons of songs and program with those, keep all those sounds together from each song because they have consisent reverb and sound.
    4) use the new fruityloops it's ill. you don't believe me about this and want proof:
    www.soundclick.com/equalibrum/
    http://www.zebox.com/mphazes/#
    two of the best up and coming/undiscovered producers. notice how mphazes drums bumpppppp!!! that's compression baby, learn how to use it, it's important. "one life to live" is an amazing song!!!

and then for all the advice I'm giving you, here are my beats (some with my homegirl singing on them, most are hip hop instrumentals, all very different from each other), I like feedback on my shit, too, so hit me up!
    http://artists.iuma.com/IUMA/Bands/Dj_Phillip_Drummond/
    test
  3. phillipdrummond

oh I almost forgot. go to www. ughh .com and go to the forums, go to the producer forum and post your shit on the beat thread, mphazes and equalibrum as well as other very talented producers (and some not so talents producers) post there. peace!
    test
  4. Sin-Tax

Sin-Tax New Member

test
  5. PASTOR DROID

PASTOR DROID New Member

your kick is very dull and the snare is faint as well as low. Synth is not a bad thing just practice with it. Don't let ppl's comments on certain sounds influence. Use anything and everything. If it's a sax combined w/ a crazy organ.........do it! Just be experimental.
    test
  6. sksugfsmf

sksugfsmf New Member

You're a faggot.
    test
  7. phillipdrummond

ok, did you go and listen to the producer's sites I posted? I dunno about you, but I think that shit is liek 100 times doper than most or all of the shit I've heard made with keyboards. stoupe use keyboards? no, and his beats are fire. premiere use keyboards, no! most keyboard shit is limited and doesn't have the same feeling as sampled beats or live instruments. trust me on this sintax, I can tell you don't have very much or any classical music training, sample, your beats will be iller.
    test
  8. THE m AGE

THE m AGE soon

the ILLEST BEATS ARE MADE WITH SAMPLES.

That is the essence of hiphop music, that re-used sound.... because when that shit started aint NOONE had a fuckin keyboard. but EVERYONE Had records.

as for synthesized sound (aka original / unsampled ) , the only time it's ever really good is if the producer has got mad talent.

If you dont know what you're doing, then your synth beats are going to sound like poopies.

long live sampling
    test
  9. Sin-Tax

Sin-Tax New Member

test
  10. phillipdrummond

m age, agreed---did you peep those links, cause that's some hot shit for free...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.