New assassin's creed gameplay video

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by menaz, Jul 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvieSn-BEPg&NR=1

This game is so fucking RAW.

The Visual quailty of this game is detailed to the tenth power. No game looks better. No game is more enviromentally interactive. No game has this type of social interaction. The fight sceens you get into are like watching a movie. There is no game better than Assassin's creed coming out.

HOLY-SHIT!

I'm dubing assassin's creed, Best game of 2007.
    test
  2. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

You must havent seen Call of Duty 4

Go watch the trailers for Splinter Cell Conviction....the same company made this game.

This year or next yr? MGS4 will definitely be better than Assassin's Creed. Assassin's Creed is testing out a new type of gameplay....not sure if it'll catch on yet. Ubisoft is taking a gamble using the same engine for both the new Splinter Cell and this game. How about DMC 4 and RE5?

Best game of 2007 will be Halo 3 or GTA 4....I'm placing my bet on Halo 3 because of popularity and Xbox Live.

Just my opinion.
    test
  3. Ethan Albright

Ethan Albright New Member

You've still got Bioshock, Mass Effect, Halo 3 coming this year....so who knows.

but yeah, this is the game I think I'll like the most.
    test
  4. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Not interested in mass effect to be honest. And what i've seen of bioshock has left me completely bored, I have a feeling it is going to be a major let down. DMC looked horrid like a cheap arcade game, Plus it's for the PS3, which I couldn't care less about. MGS4 looks visually stunning, but again It's not for xbox360, though it has major potential. The new Splinter Cell will be great, but from what I've seen nothing as innovative as Assassin's creed.

RE5 is a possiblity, but It won't be out until 2008. Halo 3 will be popular, but that doesn't make it better, plus you can't compare a FPS to a third person RPG. I still think the best game for 2007 will be assassin's creed. Halo 3 visually and gamplay-wise have nothing on assassin's creed. However, I do realize fan-boys will probably make it game of the year, but that doesn't make it so. We all agree halo the game sucks, it's only fantastic when you play it online, it's not artistic.

I did see call of duty 4, It's the same as the other call of duties only in the modern era and with slightly better graphics, still, nothing compared to assassin's creed.

Assassin's creed is based on actual maps of the middleast. It's suppose to be the most historically accurate game ever made as well. There's just so much to it. Not to mention, they based the controlls off the mechanism of a dummy, It's realistic, not button mashing. All the styles of fighting are based off real sword melee techniques. The AI never does the same thing twice, and every AI is different depending on the characters personality.

I'm conduring up my sage powers and predicting assassin's creed as the best xbox360 game for 2007. I could be wrong, but i'm sticking to my guns.
    test
  5. veral conflict

veral conflict beatsrus

^^devil may cry is for both systems..

but assasins creed looks dope..

but im anticipatin mass effect more.. shit look like an rpg version of gears of wars and shit..
    test
  6. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Devil may cry is for Xbox360? I really must not like that game, because I didn't even bother to check that.

GTA4 could give assassin's creed a run for it's money, But I'm banking on AC's storyline and innovation to slaughter GTA4.

Mass effect, is visually stunning, But something is telling me it's going to be beyond boring.
    test
  7. Ethan Albright

menaz, have you seen the latest gameplay of bioshock? How in the world would that bore you while anticipating a stealthy assassin game?

I mean, AC is on my list just above the others too, but it's real close.
    test
  8. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

Because Bioshock isn't doing anything that hasn't been done before. It's your typical FPS game...who hasn't done that? Assassin's creed uses a new stealth engine in which you're not hiding behind walls etc....you are BLENDING INTO crowds of people. These people have individual personalities and ways in which they react to your actions and/or stimuli around them. They all have their own "minds" in an essense. That's what makes Assassin's creed a more intriguing game than the 3987446789314147361479314679134th installment of another typical FPS. I'm not even gonna lie to you...I will be playing Assassin's Creed myself...the game looks hot. People want to play new games...not rehashed, hackneyed concepts.

People may bite me for saying this..but Strangehold doesn't even look all that intriguing to me. Something about it reminds me of a game called "GUN". Kid you not...GUN was a VERY good , mindless game....but Stranglehold is like..ehhh....it's been done before man....there HAS TO BE a better gameplay element to it.

I know there is a such thing called "gaming genre"...BUT...just because your game belongs to a particular genre..it doesn't mean that you change the characters and rehash the same old gameplay...that isnt FUN..nor is it INNOVATIVE. You're supposed to add new elements to your genre to make your game standout and ultimately sell.

Thats my belief.
    test
  9. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

Mass effect will be the best game of 2007 and probably ever....

I'm geeked as fuck for this game too though...however i have a feeling it's gonna be too short in the end......
    test
  10. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

WHAT THE FUCK???

It's not doing anything that hasn't been done befroe??? Are you smoking???

Have you seen footage of the gameplay???? you have almost unlimited possibilties on what types of combinations of powers, weapons, and strategies to play this game.

How can you compare this to ANYTHING??? Just cause it's first person and has guns in it???? Dude, you are talking out your ass now......

The AI alone in this game is on another level...OMFG......Yes it's first person, yes it's a shooter. That's where the similarities stop.....

How is ANY of that rehashed from anything??? There is just so much variety in that game it's rediculous.....

When was the last game that you could set enemies on fire, causing them to run into the water, then use electricity to kill them???? When was the last game you could use pheremones to trick your enemies into attacking each other??? When was the last time you had walking boss battles that you could chose to fight or not to fight at ANY time during the entire game. Hack the medical machines so when the enemies go to heal themselves they become posioned.

and that aint even a quarter of the new shit this game is bringing to the table.....

man, if you don't like the game, that's fine. But dont' say shit that aint true.

http://www.gamespot.com/video/0/6175068/videoplayerpop?rgroup=e32007_live

not to mention it's simply beautiful with a completely unique storyline like nothing else found in a game before
    test
  11. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

bioshock is not a typical fps however....

bioshock is a sequel to the system shock series which are the most innovative fps games next to half life ....

if you look at bioshock and how it plays out...it seems to have lots of enviornment manipulation and strategy...not to mention good story telling...

im just saying give the game a shot
    test
  12. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

I never said what I said was "true"...I said that it was my opinion of the game. I've seen all of these trailers and such...I don't like the game. This magic stuff doesn't excite me...it's just new ways to kill stuff. But...I don't like FPS games...so...this game was already at a disadvantage with me. I am a 3rd person shooter fan.
    test
  13. Ethan Albright

You can't just run-n-gun in bioshock. You die and have to figure out what to do the next time out.....once you do that, you'll probably die again and have to figure something else out.

The gameplay footage alone shows that much. There are enemies you have to take down, and reprogram to trip certain alarms, distract security cameras, etc...... it is anything but typical, and no. You've never seen anything like it. I'd love to hear a single example.
    test
  14. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Stranglehold is just a guilty pleasure for me. I Don't care what people think about it. I just want to destory everything in sight, I want to slide down bansters, Jump off walls, reenact cinema sceens, slide across tables, and shoot while swing from chandeliers. Basically I want to play a john woo movie. I love john woo movies. I think people are judging the graphics, but I know for a fact those video clips are old and the game is going to look ten times better on my 1080IP big screen HD tv.

AC is no different. There are many possibilities on how you can approach a situation. There is no level design to AC. You don't even have to be stealthy.
    But the choices you choose will effect your enviroment therefore gameplay.
    AC is going to be putting alot of games to shame. The AI in AC alone
    is innovative. People will be constantly following you, watching you, and commenting on every move you decide to make. And that's just the general crowds AI.

Bioshock just doesn't impress me. In every FPS you have to take down enemies. reprograming them sounds like a waste of time. Basically what that says to me is instead of in GRAW were AI is given to you for you to command, Instead in bioshock you'll have to defeat the AI then reprogram it inorder to command it. That's not really anything new. Taking out alarms is nothing new. I was distracting security camaras in golden eye. The whole game consist of basically what you said. It seems like a bore feast. I can utilize the eviroment in The darkness. Bioshock your just playing with water, granted the water looks sweat and utilizing pheremones is new, But the whole tricking enemies into water then electrocuting them isn't that impressive. Honestly, I was hoping the structures in the eviroment would explode when hit by bullets like it does in stranglehold.

I'll be over-looking bioshock, But go head and buy it then tell us how it stacks up to the hype. I believe bioshock will have some amazing graphics, but too many long pauses before fights, which is why it will bore to tears. I've been known to fall sleep while playing those type of video games. lol
    test
  15. NaSh

NaSh o_

<<<<<lookin forward to assasins creed, bioshock. havent seen anythin of mass effect
    *goes to ign.com*
    test
  16. veral conflict

veral conflict beatsrus

there was a mass effect interview and gameplay vid on gamespot..

it looked real nice.. they got that gears of wars sprinting ish too.. but less frantic..
    test
  17. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

Everything in the environment in bioshock you can interact with...

you can take the hat off of an enemy, throw it into like fire or something, and use it as a projectile. You can catch grenades in mid air and throw em back. You can't destroy everything in the envoriment, pretty much because you are underneath the ocean, and the whole point is the ocean is caving in. But you can intereact with everything, and use anything as a weapon.

the electricity is just one thing you can do out of 100's.....The point is, everything in the game's physics acts like it does in real life. If you set an enemy on fire, they can run around and spread the fire to anything flamable. there are 60 or so powers you can use that they haven't even shown yet.....

crazy shit like swarming people with bee's and shit....

the thing is, you don't HAVE to do anything any certain way...you have choices...

You won't be bored to tears, unless your typically a boring gamer and play the game a boring way....You dictate how it goes, the game dosn't dictate it for you. Enemies are gonna be everywhere...only thing is, you may not wanna get your ass handed too you.

game is gonna be amazing, just wait till next month......
    test
  18. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

OurSin, when you play it....even Liquid too..I want several user opinions on the game...when you both play Bioshock....open up a thread reviewing the game and compare it to your previous expectations. It's great to say that a game is going to be fun when you've viewed screenshots and gameplay via E3 footage. Keep in mind..E3 is a huge MARKETING convention...everything is supposed to look nice. Don't be fooled by your eyes...that is a life lesson period. Everything that looks nice...isn't always nice. If you see a nice looking berry growing on a tree...do you eat it?...if you see a nice looking female..do you drool over and follow her?.....same concept applies here. I've seen some pretty games with some crappy gameplay....just right now...I am not convinced yet. I am not damning the game...but I am not upping it either...after all..it is still a FPS. Vampire rain looked good visually, from the videos n stuff...but man, is that a horrible game.
    test
  19. Sho-Down

Sho-Down RockItPro.com

Yea I can't wait for this shit. That chase at the end was tight as hell
    test
  20. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

it'll be a while most likely before i can get my hands on it...lol.....i'm too broke to buy games.....still aint got the darkness, and just got splinter cell...

and as much as i'm anticipating this game...mass effect is my number 1, and bioshock is about tied with assassins creed to me......alhtough i'm scared creed will be too short and not worth the 60 bux
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.