New assassins creed demonstration... Pax 2007

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by menaz, Oct 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LokStok

LokStok Fuck that LokStrok cunt

lol @ you .. you're the queen of arguing for argument's sake ...

and I haven't even argued anything outside of stating what is obvious .. hence not even arguing ..
    test
  2. vinyl academics

vinyl academics vinyl academics

ok.....let me break it down for you

the ai chases you? cool

the ai when you're engaged in a fight is terrible....they stand around and wait for you to attack....do you WANT that? no......neither do i.....the fighting animations look sloppy.....the game LOOKS good.....the games premise and ideas are fuckin great......but the gameplay looks TERRIBLE at this point in time

why wouldn't i trust what a game journalist says when they're less biased THAN THE PERSON WHO IS MAKIN IT?

i'm sure the person who made lair thought it was great.......but that game is a piece of shit...........shut the fuck up
    test
  3. Vikto Beats

Vikto Beats aka Viktomajarmo

Menaz, the game's just about done. The clunky fighting and shitty collision will be there.
    test
  4. Vikto Beats

I wanted an actual assassin game, the game looks ridiculous out of combat. I thought it was gonna be on some splinter cell/hitman shit where you have a target, take em out and go through chases once in a while if you get caught. The whole huge battle with a bunch of dudes who fucking wait there killed it for me, and the fact that you could just run away makes it seem pointless to even fight at all. Wtf is the point of fighting when I could just shake the spot? I could run off at any time especially when I'm surrounded by 12 frozen soldiers, and I could fight at anytime cause I have a sword. They could still balance it out though so I'm not too sure about that. But where's the assassin element? The fact that you could climb anything and have so many paths make it seem like an amazing stealth, but what does it matter if I'm gonna be in an adidas free running commercial after every kill? I wanna slice someones neck and back off into the shadows like a fucking champ.
    test
  5. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

menaz....your seriously that awestruck by the games promises that you cant see the flaws in gameplay from what was shown so far?

the pax demonstration is exactly where i came up with my feelings for the game....

Your talking about the games current development situation like your a PR person.....wtf...you dont know any more then what we do about the game..cause we both have seen the same video...

i mean i cant take you seriously when you were extremely excited over stranglehold....a game which is mediocre at best and you hyped to shit....now your doing it to this game....granted this title looks much better then stranglehold but still....the game doesnt look as good as everyone hoped at the moment...no one is saying it looks flat out horrible...the game looks great....aside from certain main gameplay elements such as combat....thats something to be concerned about....there IS a possibility of delay...and a possibility of the game not being a huge success in the eye of the gaming world.....we will see.....if the game gets reviewed and its averaging a 70-80% then it is a flop....mainly because all of the hype it HAS to get 9's and above on some bioshock/halo shit....

and clunky gameplay isnt fixed in the last month of a games release.....usually graphic's are tweaked and frame rate is locked...so what you see gameplay wise is pretty much how the game is gonna stay unless its delayed...at this frame of development the only thing devs are doing is optomization

either way...i will play the game...we will all know how good or great or ok it is.....stop trying to sell us on a product you dont know about
    test
  6. vinyl academics

basically i got that shit preordered

but it still looks bad
    test
  7. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

The animation looks sloppy? Obviously you and I aren't seeing the same thing.
    I already addressed this conversation. Those bugs are being worked out.

As for the AI coming at you one or two at a time. You don't know what difficulty it's on. You also might want to consider the fact you can only take one hit.
    The game is also based on counter moves. I think it is retarded to have 30 bad guys swarming you at once when one hit is all you can take.

I already addressed this try to keep up with the conversation.

You're an idoit. You haven't even played the finished product already passing judgement.
    test
  8. vinyl academics

ok lets make this easy

one hit to kill you....so what? the games ai IS FLAWED if they literally stand around and let you attack

this isnt a turn based game so that shouldnt happen

you posted a video from pax....they just showed off the near final build to IGN and the problems are still there.....they dont redesign core mechanics a month from release

im passing judgement on lair....where did i say assassins creed was shit and i played it?........we saw the same videos....you just dont want the problems to exist
    test
  9. Vikto Beats

Really? How do you know?
    test
  10. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Keep up with the conversation. At pax 2007 the creator of the game said they are working out the bugs during combat so it's a more fluid game-play. He even showed rough footage of the changes going to be made. I doubt it will look clunky by the time it hit stores shelves.

I've already explained the creeds combat situation. You can keep arguing with me but I don't see the point in it when the creators of the game said they were addressing those concerns and even showed rough footage. What more can I say other than we'll have to wait and see? I doubt it will flop. Like I said I will hold you accountable for those assertions then I won't have a reason to take you seriously once you turn out to be wrong. And another thing I never tried to force strangle-hold on anyone I never said it would be the best game ever ethier. I pretty much said I was buying it for my own personal entertainment and to me it will be awsome. So I have no idea where you are going with that argument. I never claimed strangleholds graphics were anything special however I enjoyed the gameplay. I've also mentioned The drakness which alot people liked.

I am putting it on the line with assassins creed. I believe in assassins creed and I really don't see anything wrong with it accept a few bugs that need to be hashed out. Finally a game that educates instead of mindless dribble. I'm not opposed to a two at a time fighting system in this game given the one hit death blows as long as they work out the few bugs they demostrated they would.

This is you're opinion however you aren't working on the game. You don't know what bugs have been cleared up or how the game is going to play. they are working out the bugs in the combat and they are finishing up the graphics.
    test
  11. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Beacause jade raymond said so at G4. Not to mention the footage at pax 2007
    showcased changes being made. And not only that your same question was asked at Pax 2007 to which the guy replied we are going throughout the whole game to work out the bugs. Could they be lying? I doubt it. it would be a stupid move.
    test
  12. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

I don't want the problems to exist? Hardly... I believe I've been saying it was addressed that the problems people are seeing were being dealt with and will be corrected by the time it hit stores. It came right from the creators mouth. To sit there and calm you know what can and can't be changed is a total bullshit argument. You've never made a game in your life. Seems to me you want the problems to exist. I'm just saying according to what the creators have promised and showed off your concerns are most likely going to be met by shelf time.

The reasonable thing to do would be to wait until the game comes out don't you think?
    test
  13. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

It's based on actual assassans. And actual assassans weren't like agent 41.
    Though if you want you can play the game stealthy the choice is yours.
    You can make a kill " RUN OFF" Hide and not fight anyone.
    test
  14. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

You bought the game though you think it looks bad... Why buy it at all?
    test
  15. vinyl academics

ok first THEY SAID IT A MONTH AGO......after a month the SAME BUGS are still there

redesignin core mechanics is NOT a two week process so either its delayed or we get the same shitty AI and combat mechanics

do i have to make a game to criticize it? no.......but valid concerns that HAVE NOT AND WILL NOT be fixed are still true
    test
  16. vinyl academics

i like the premise and hope im wrong?

thats basically it
    test
  17. LokStok

LokStok Fuck that LokStrok cunt

I like Stranglehold ..
    test
  18. vinyl academics

test
  19. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

What Physical proof do you have that it is still there? How do you know it wasn't added in a month ago or couldn't been changed after that demo? How do you even know that new demo wasn't just an older version and they're saving the finished product for the shelves? YOU DON'T KNOW. You're going beyond critizing
    you're trying to act like you know FOR SURE. Like you worked on the game. Take that bullshit somewhere else.

If you want to prove me wrong... Wait for the game to come out then make a thread about how wrong I am.
    test
  20. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Me too.

Story was weak but the game play was fun to me.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.