New assassins creed demonstration... Pax 2007

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by menaz, Oct 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/24229.html - part 1.
    http://www.ifilm.com/video/2890637- part 2.
    http://www.n4g.com/pc/News-62816.aspx

Assassins creed is 20 hours of gameplay. Add in the fact I love to explore and it will be 35 to 40 hours of game play. They imporved the fighting system as well it's really fluid now. keep in mind this isn't even the finished product (graphic wise). This storyline is going to be on some every clutures society has skeletons in their closet shit.

I present to you the winner of E3's 2007 best game... Assassins creed.

FYI: Ps3 and xbox360 version will be exactly Identical.

November 14th, Cop it.
    test
  2. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

Yep. This is the one I've been waiting on for what seems like forever...
    test
  3. Duraze

Duraze TheKingHaze PSN

Yeah, AC is gonna be really nice.

I havent seen these latest videos, so this may not be true but.

1 downfall from what i've heard and seen in interviews is that climbing walls, and jumping from roof to roof, is all predetermined. You dont actually do it on your own, you follow a specific path that the developers already made. For some reason that takes the game downa few notches in fun factor for me. But i'll still end up getting it. I was hoping it would have a prince of persia jump style so to speak.
    test
  4. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Predeterminded? I don't think it's like stranglehold at all. I think where-ever you move the character moves. There is no specific path because the game is based around FREEDOM PLAY. And there is a prince of persia element to the game play. Only the running and jumping in this game is fluid without a set path. Notice how Altair turned directions while jumping from log to log in the third video. Anything that sticks out 2 inchs or more can be interacted with. Which means dam near everything. I can't find one thing wrong with this game.
    test
  5. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

test
  6. vinyl academics

vinyl academics vinyl academics

it SOUNDS amazing when i hear about it

it LOOKS amazing graphically

but it just looks clunky and boring to me too

ps: framerate/tearing/ai/hit detection all bring it down for me
    test
  7. LokStok

LokStok Fuck that LokStrok cunt

if there's a potential downfall for me .. it's the fighting ..

Gaurd 1 - *steps in to take a swing*
    Gaurd 2,3,4,5 - *step back to give room*
    You - *take a swing at Gaurd 1*
    Gaurd 3 - "should we help?"
    Gaurd 2 - "wait your turn!"
    Gaurd 1 - *dies*
    Gaurd 2 - "my turn"
    Gaurd 3,4,5 - *gives room*
    Gaurd 3 - "I still think we stand a better chance if we attack together"
    Gaurd 4 - "no, we must give them space to duke it out"
    Gaurd 5 - "yeah, get with the program kid"
    test
  8. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

You're looking at the rough unfinished product. This is not the finished product. How many times do I have to say the fighting has been changed. The AI is some of the most advanced. You'd know that if you watch the Pax 2007 demonstration.

Anyway on a more interesting note the entomology of the word Assassin is quite
    debatable. Marco polo was in Alamut around 1273 his account points to a hashish drink.

Since I consider myself rather knowable on Islam I have two problems with this account but a devils advocate assertion to make as well.

Number 1.) The Quran prohibits muslims from drinking Alcohol and taking drugs. Moreover, Marco polo wrote this 150 years after al-Hassan ibn-al-Sabbah's reign.

Those are my problems.

Number 2.) However, in the garden of paradise WINE was allowed.

That is my devil's advocate assertion.

The historic story goes like this al-Hassan ibn-al-Sabbah would recruit young men into his private army known as "Hassassin" which means " Follower of Hassan." However, the problem I want people to think about here is his reasoning for allowing the consumption of alcohol.

I've come up with a manchurian candidate pre--modern-technological brainwashing theory. In this theory I use the historics of what is known
    to make my case...

What is known is this... Al-Hassan was the head leader of Persian sect known as the Ismailians. An Isamilian is a sub-group of a larger Shiite community. Now We know he was a persian muslim therefore I assume he didn't speak Arabic but instead spoke Farsi. Now In 1090 Al-hassan and his group of "Hassassins" capatured the castle of Alamut and from here on out he was known by all Crusaders as "the the old man of the mountains" who spread fear throughout the Mohammedan world.

But here is where my theory really comes in... This "old man in the mountians" known as "Al-Hassan" would take these young boys around the ages of 12 put them into groups of four and then give them Hashish to drink. or was it Hashish? The boys would then sleep for three or four days only to be awoken in the garden-of-paradise. In this fabricated-garden-of-paradise everything was magnificent. Infact, all the boys actually thought they were in paradise. And they never left the garden on their own free will because they recieved everything they ever asked for or wanted. However, when the old man "Al-Hassan" needed someone killed he would simplely take one of these young "Hassassins" and in a psychologically-persuasive-mind-controlling-way gave them a recepical-altruism task if they ever wanted to see a glimpse of paradise again. And All they had to do was follow everything he said or die in the act of doing it.

Now we know the word assassin most likely didn't come from the arabic word "haschishin" which meant "hashish user." But rather instead from "Hassassin" which meant "follower of Hassan." Moreover, hassan was a hashish prohibitionist. However, he made exceptions in the false Paradise where his Hassassins could consume WINE as one of the enjoyments of heaven.

So my concluded theory is it was the desire for Alchohol not hashish helped motivate the Assassins.
    test
  9. vinyl academics

menaz......ign has a huge assassins creed blowout with new gameplay videos.......the ai still looks like it sucks
    test
  10. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

yep....

he can try and defend the game all he wants.....but the sad fact of the matter is that many credible journalists who have seen the newest builds....and gamers who themselves have seen the ign blowout....along with myself and people in this same thread ALL SEE that the game looks very very clunky when it comes to combat......

its kinda sad to be honest........whats worse is that we are nearing the supposed launch window and many gaming publications are suggesting that the game will get delayed because it doesnt really look that polished at this point........if this game releases in a month or two......thats really not a good look....and that means we are looking at a potential flop...

not to mention it seems they are having trouble fitting the multilanguage version for europe on 1 dvd for 360.....and they are having problems with memory on the ps3....

so i really dont see this game coming out this year
    test
  11. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Clunky why? because it's not finished.

Honestly, If you are better at making games please with all due respect make one that looks or even plays remotely like assassins creed.

Nothing is wrong with the fighting system. Once you own the game and experance the finished producted you'll change your tune. And the game is NOT going to be delayed. Nov. 14th it will be out the creators are happy with the progress. Honestly, I watched the whole PAX 2007 demostration all your guys concerns were addressed.

Got to love LiQuiD though. This guy talking like the game isn't coming out and it might flop. I can't wait to bust your balls when you're wrong about those predictions.

FYI: The game plays sort of like a RPG. So you can imporve your character which will effect the game play for the better. The AI chases you all over. They even jump bulidings to hunt you down. I'm telling you it's going to kick ass.
    test
  12. vinyl academics

ok

1) the shit liquid is quoting is from TWO DAYS AGO

pax was a month ago

2) the horrible hit detection and terrible ai are from the most recent build............LAST WEEK

3) clunky? yup......the crowd interaction and fightin look sloppy to say the least.....therefore clunky

4) i cant make a better game but i can point out flaws in a game i was really lookin forward to.......
    test
  13. vinyl academics

ps dont say my tune will change when you havent played it either
    test
  14. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Lets see here I'm going by what one of the makers of the game addressed will be changed by launch time and your going by what some journalist opinion maker who has zero involvement in this games production says. Though the game isn't even finished yet. We'll just have to wait and see who is correct. It was infact voted best game at E3. You're tune very well could change.
    test
  15. vinyl academics

THE DEVELOPER JUST SHOWED OFF A NEAR FINAL BUILD ok?

i dont play games on promises or guarantees
    test
  16. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

No not OK.

If you don't play games on promises or guarantees then you really can't trust what the journalist says either. It will be awsome.

For crying out loud the crowd AI throws rocks at you. No two paths are ever the same because the AI can think, and so far the AI chases and slashes at you no matter where you go. Which was all VISUALLY DEMOSTRATED.

This game will be masterful.
    test
  17. LokStok

lol .. I'm not even gonna argue with menaz .. cos he always comes back with an essay ..

at the end of the day .. I'll be getting it when it is released .. I also think Ubisoft are one of the best in the business ..

but com'on ..

I'm designing this thing right .. I have shown it in early form .. and I promise it'll be better when it comes out .. all the negative things people have said .. I'm going to address right .. listen to me .. I'm going to improve it .. and I'll be minted if you all believe me and buy it when I get it on the shelves ..

just ignore what some unbiased bloke says about my product .. I'm saying it'll be ace .. so buy it and make me rich ..

^ of course Ubisoft will say this ..

Lets just wait until it is released and we've played it ourselves before deciding whether it's the game we hope it will be or fear it may turn out to be ..
    test
  18. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Such profound logic. Only these people and this company wouldn't risk their name like that considering the promotional hype-up. Because in business you want the costumer to come back that is the whole point of marketing to a demographic. Not to mention, they want to make this game into a trilogy. I swear some of you are just grasping for straws at this point.

Hello... my name is JADE RAYMOND I work for Ubisoft i'm going to pull the wool over your eyes about my product because I don't want your bussiness nextime we make a game. You Also have to take into account everything they've promised this game would be has been backed up with the Footage. Right now their addressing the bugs and cleaning up the fighting system. And a rough production of this process was shown at Pax 2007. Obviously they aren't finished with it. They have not lied to me yet unlike Al gore on some Global warming is man-made rethoric.

Why didn't you just keept at this and stop here: "Lets just wait until it is released and we've played it ourselves before deciding whether it's the game we hope it will be or fear it may turn out to be".

No "fears" just "concerns".

I would have said you know what good point I agree.
    test
  19. LokStok

turning it into a trilogy isn't the be all and end all of Ubisoft though ..

and I didn't "keept" it there because I stated the obvious .. marketing is all about the hype building .. and it's not about pulling wool over eyes .. they're showing build code .. which of course isn't finished .. so they will say things will be fixed ..

whether they are a first time developer or a long time player in the business .. they will all state that the product will be better on release .. fact.

as for whether their better is the same as our better is another thing though ..
    test
  20. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

And if they don't live up to what they promised they will be out of bussiness or the next game won't sell - FACT! I already explained it has footage noreason to argue what I already know to be a existing fact in progress.

Obviously you thought it was about pulling the wool over eyes or else you wouldn't have implied their was shadness. There is no shadeness everything you're getting in the game was visually shown as described by the creators. You're being ridiculous commiting the fallacy of arguing just to argue.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.