New Aesop EP is not good.

Discussion in 'Audio Emcee Hook Ups' started by Mabus, Jan 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mabus

Mabus Don't Try

Damn, after hearing the shit he did with Evil Nine ("Crooked"), I was hyped as shit to hear any of his new material. I can't believe how bad this new album is. All the beats sound like they were produced by Aesop, and to me that's not a good thing. I also think he's becoming corrupted by who he's running with. He's starting to do collabs on NY mixtape rappers albums, and it's affecting his style, especialy his flow which he seems intent on changing from track to track now.

This is a confusing album that doesn't follow the formula his other albums have had of following one type of theme. Dissapointed is an understatement this is the best he can do after a 2 year lay off? I think he's way to concerned with fixing all the "problems" his haters talk about.
    test
  2. Nimrod

Nimrod Nimi Hendrix

u talkin about the fire, danger, knives, or some shit album?

if so, i heard 2 tracks from it, and they are fire

especially food, clothes, medicine
    test
  3. Odysseus

Odysseus a marvelous muthafucka

Just remove the words NEW and EP.
    test
  4. Mabus

Mabus Don't Try

yeah... the whole album is on soulseek...

i've already deleted it (and yeah i listened to it about 3-4 times before i did to try and get into it,) It's kidda like Bazooka Tooth part 2 which i still listen to all the other albums ahead of. IT just seems to me he's trying to enhance the areas he contently gets attacked for, for example:

(typical Aesop hater) "Aesop has the same monotone flow and delivery on every track"

Aesops response - Have a difference flow on every track, and use a lot of energetic enuciation.

To me there was never anything wrong with him, and as much as he says he doesn't read internet comments or listen to the haters, i believe he's lying.

But besides that - I just hate Aesop producing himself (and on the flip side of that you got Blockhead out here releasing these complex melody based instrumental albums that are shitting on Aesops albums.) There was one beat on the album that didn't sound like space age techno production and i guarentee that wasn't produced by Aesop.

Aesop said in an interview that he's been spending a lot more time making beats instead of writing. That may be the problem right there...

Edit: Just found out Aesop only produced 3 tracks on this. The other 4 were Blockhead (who i bet produced the nice beat i was talking about earlier,) Rob Sonic (who i can't stand production from,) and some cat called DJ Big Wiz (who i have no clue who he is)
    test
  5. Mabus

Mabus Don't Try

considerig it's not coming out till the 18th and is under 40 minutes, I'm going to choose to allow them to remain... ok? ok
    test
  6. Mabus

Mabus Don't Try

The plus size to buying this album is you get a free 88 page book of Aesop lyrics, and I'm betting they aren't lyrics for only this album.
    test
  7. goodson

goodson is better than you

yeah i thought the same thing, i've only given it one listen though

but so far it's wackjuice
    test
  8. Nimrod

Nimrod Nimi Hendrix

^na, he is saying that all u needed to sa was "aesop is not good"

he wasnt sayin it wasnt an EP or new

anyways, yeh his down fall has been production recently

he hasnt even touched a melodic beat like daylight in years

it pisses me off, all his best songs were over beats like that, now he aint touchin them

i wish i could have a one on one convo with this dude, cause hes been pissin me the fuck off

and hes made ill beats in the past yo, he made how to be a carpenter

classic fuckin beat
    test
  9. Mabus

Mabus Don't Try

i get what he was saying now, thought he thought i was talking bout bazooka tooth or something...

anyway, yeah don't understand what's going on with him right now. The only tracks I've liked that have that space age sound he uses so much now is the "Daylight EP" which was mostly that type, but it was done right. And the "Crooked" song with Evil Nine, which is fucking on some other shit.

I just want old layed back Ace back (beats and flow wise.) But if he is going to stick to this shit - there's ways to pull off this shit, besides putting 80's pop pitch enhanced samples in songs. El-P did it on "Cold Vein"... But fuck it, I guess it's better than rapping over Parliment samples.
    test
  10. Dukane

Dukane The God

He's cool but I never did like his style
    test
  11. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

well..i liked bazooka tooth..so i'll prolly like this one then....
    test
  12. Nimrod

Nimrod Nimi Hendrix

i cant find that shit

whats the exact name yo
    test
  13. LIL' ECKO

LIL' ECKO New Member

mabus drop ya email again so i can get at you...

peace
    BRICKS
    test
  14. Conceited One

Conceited One Please Say The Baby

I've been wanting to hear this, but haven't gotten to chance yet..
    test
  15. Mabus

Mabus Don't Try

Yeah if you liked Bazooka Tooth this isn't too different, except for the flow thing.

If you search for the whole thing on soulseek you will NEVER find it... Just search for Aesop Rock and then search through the results for this, the less words you use to search for something on soulseek the more things you find. one to two words is the max i will ever use to search for something because of the way soulseek is set up.

But there's a cat named themeo that I downloaded it from (i got like every album he had in his folder too,) but since i just wrote that he's prolly all the sudden going to get a bunch of downloads but i already got mine.

Bricks, sup fam? My e-mail is punkraprecords@yahoo.com
    test
  16. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

put it on you send it or something..i wanna hear it....
    test
  17. Vikto Beats

Vikto Beats aka Viktomajarmo

I loved that shit.. Food Clothes Medicine was the best track..
    test
  18. Mabus

Mabus Don't Try

themeo on soulseek has it on right now, he has 5 open download slots... when i was downloading from him i was the only one and was getting 80+/s rate and had the album in 5 minutes, so if you got soulseek i'd just hop on there real quick put his name in broase his files and that's that.
    test
  19. ANONIMUS

ANONIMUS resident middlefinger

holy smokes...winner take all...and food clothes medicine are all dope as fuck...he fuckin KILLS holy smokes...the rest of the shit is a fuckin let down...especially the track with el and camu...but those 3 tracks make up for it to me...
    test
  20. Moe Sizlack

Moe Sizlack Moezilla

all of them are hot to me,

*straps on a helmet and starts shootin*
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.