Never understood why women...

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by GaLaTeA, Jan 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

...wanted to become nuns.

Is there a breaking point where a decision like that is made, throwing a life away only to gain practically nothing.

And come to think of it, there's not much of a difference between women who become spinsters either by will or events in life and a woman who decided to be a nun.

Not saying every woman has to be married and have children, just always baffled me (still does) when I see women (even akin and peers) deciding to take that path..
    test
  2. Medication

Medication Pharmaceutical drug

What is the difference between nuns and priests in this case?
    It is all about their beliefs.
    test
  3. MissAndrya

MissAndrya Evolution is what is.

I love life way too much to ever take that path, never mind I don't 'believe' to begin with. Even if I did, I'd rather; sin, live, make mistakes, love, be myself than ever do that.
    test
  4. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

except they live, love and are happier and know themselves and are at peace more than you ever will be. so you can shun their lifestyle because it seems boring and uneventful, but you should also know that it's more fulfilling than you could ever imagine your life to be.
    test
  5. Caesar

Caesar Natural Aristocracy

Guilt for being a humongous whoorah or an overbearingly religious upbringing.
    test
  6. MissAndrya

That's a matter of opinion. I'm quite content with mine, thank you.
    test
  7. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

this^
    test
  8. MissAndrya

It wasn't a judgement call, so much as we were saying we didn't understand. I guess one would have to live the life TO understand.

As I said, I'm content with the way I live my life, we all perceive happiness, fulfillment, peace etc. differently.

Live and let live.
    test
  9. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

You're absolutely correct.

test
  10. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Yes, precisely that.
    test
  11. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

you missed out on a great nun career. thats what i cawl careahr womym..
    test
  12. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Speaking from experience?
    test
  13. Envy

Envy Song Writer / Artist.

Nuns believe they are 'called' by god.

to me, it sounds like the same thing psychopaths use in their court defense, but it's religion, so it gets a pass apparently.
    test
  14. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

that's not a judgment? that's implying they don't love life.

and gal, that video could be an old lady dressed up as a nun to trick people. if it is, everyone gets tempted. that's like saying everyone is a murderer because one person did it.
    test
  15. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

I never writen, nor implied they don't love life.

I stated I saw it as throwing a life away only to gain what exactly?
    test
  16. MissAndrya

No, it's saying that I wouldn't love that life. If they do, all the power to them.
    test
  17. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

but if it all got taken away - if you lost everything - you wouldn't know what to do and would no longer be content. nuns willingly give it all up to live a life of servitude and piousness. it's like the amish. these people don't use anything electrical, gas, oil, etc. powered. so when the world is freaking out because they don't have power for a day, week, month, whatever, they have no problems.

what are you really content with...
    test
  18. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

that's completely different than what you said. if you mean one thing, you have to write it that way. saying you love life too much means life does not consist of what they do; it's all the things you and other "normal" people do.
    test
  19. MissAndrya

I'm not a princess, first of all. I shoot guns, camp, canoe and am quite comfortable in nature. It may be a little tough, but I would be able to hunt for myself, build a shelter and survive if I lost everything. I have always prepared myself for such an instance. I would learn to be content again.

While I enjoy having luxuries available to me, I certainly don't take them for granted. When we lost power for 4 days a few years ago, we adjusted immediately. So, you are wrong...I WOULD know what to do.

I am content to love, and be loved by someone I know will protect and adore me for my whole life. I am content to do what I enjoy, and relish the fact that I am good at it. I have many artistic outlets I find peace and contentment in. I cherish moments with my son whom I adore with every ounce of my being, and who gives me reason to every day.

That's just for starters.
    test
  20. MissAndrya

I love life too much to choose a life that I wouldn't consider happy. If they consider it that way, then that's great.

It's the same thing. I don't see the issue.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.