Never Enough f. Cryptic Wisdom (leave links!)

Discussion in 'Post Ya Audios & Videos Here! - feedback forum' started by !ntrospect, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. !ntrospect

!ntrospect New Member

test
  2. habeascorpus

habeascorpus The Future

Sounds pretty good.beats decent. I like your style. Just more complex rhyme schemes would be my only suggestion. That's just me though that's my personal taste. Flows dope, delivery is nice. One or two times I didn't hear it hit as clean. Not really feelin the voice. seems like youre suck between grimey and raspy and just your regular speaking voice. I think you can develop it more. Turn your backs down or take that weird effect off. Return the favor please thank you. http://board.rapmusic.com/post-ya-a...sassination-ft-general-x-produced-habeas.html
    test
  3. !ntrospect

!ntrospect New Member

test
  4. !ntrospect

!ntrospect New Member

*elevator music*
    test
  5. littleslimlocc

littleslimlocc New Member

i like the rock/crossover vibe of this, hook is pretty dope, and reminds me of a certain lead singer, but its slippin my mind precisely who it is - flows dope and consistent, a couple nice lines in here as well

my biggest complaint = it's short

lol

good shit right here
    test
  6. !ntrospect

!ntrospect New Member

thank you.
    test
  7. FlawlessRI

FlawlessRI FLawlessRI.com

Good track
    test
  8. Logic

Logic IDP Ya Herr'd?

yessssirrr... lovin the hook & beat. like instant said, good crossover type joint

it is a lil short, coulda been longer.. but your flow is cool, had a few lines I was really diggin.. good shit homie. stay grinding.. i'll keep my ear out for you in the future on here....

Idp/Coe ..#StepyourbarsUP Campaign 2k11
    test
  9. !ntrospect

!ntrospect New Member

thanks fellas
    test
  10. callmemOta

callmemOta #PAYDAY

u got a sick voice
    flow n delivery is cool, quality kinda ehh tho

but i fux wit it
    test
  11. S.E. BarZ

S.E. BarZ New Member

I dont like the hook, but the rest of this song is hott... reminds me of Mike Schinoda (spelling?) but regardless, lyrics, flow and delivery are all on point, not really my vibe, but I dig... good shit
    test
  12. !ntrospect

!ntrospect New Member

i appreciate it
    test
  13. Kilometerz

Kilometerz Active Member

I like this beat. heard it a while back and I was thinking of droppin on it but I never did.

Flow is hot. Idk what first dude was talking about. Rhyme scheme was good. Had some nice lines in there. Only thing I aint feelin is ya delivery/voice. Got no personality behind it. Emo-like. But anyway. Flow was hot and it was a good track overall.
    test
  14. Virginian Gent

Virginian Gent East Coast Bastard

lol I heard this hook/beat before. When I played it I was like what the hell? Did I listen to this before? lol

Very short. Let's see... let me preface this by saying I don't think comments like "Good shit. Props" are very meaningful cause they don't provide you with anything to help you improve.

S.E. BarZ compared you to Mike Shinoda. I agree. Both your voice and lyrical-style are similar. Unfortunately, I don't think Shinoda is all that. You have some of the same weaknesses as him. You don't grab hold of the beat as you should. This is a sad song so it's tricky but you didn't have as much emotion on it as I think you should. For example, certain things like when you say "Two faced woman always play fights and runs with a snake like tongue." you just recited it. Dude, there's anger in those lyrics but not in your delivery. You got to stress certain parts. Be angry when you say "Two faced"... have frustration in your voice when you say "always", stress the "snake" so it hits me of how much of a bitch she is. You compared her to a snake. That's hard-hitting but why you say it so boring and matter-of-fact-like?

That's just one line but there were lines like that throughout the whole verse... lines where the lyrics themselves have so much emotional connotations but your voice is just droning with no emotion reciting the lines. Pretend you're acting. I don't say that in any fake way. I mean, you know how actors put emotion into their lines? They're just reciting lines but it sounds like they're speaking because they put emotion into them like someone would when they talk. That's what you need to do. If it doesn't come naturally to you, do it one line at a time. Just repeat the same line a few times thinking about where the emotion is at in the line and expressing it. Once you say it with emotion, move on to the next line. Make little annotations on your lyrics if you must to remind you of the hard-hitting words. You know what the words are since you wrote the piece, you might just need to be reminded of which words are the emotional power words when you actually rap it.

That is your biggest weakness and you would be much improved just by addressing that. You're on beat and your lyrics themselves are good, so I can't say anything on those fronts.

I hope this helps.

Thanks
    test
  15. !ntrospect

!ntrospect New Member

wow, thank you for taking the time to write that

i always appreciate constructive advice, and you made me want to re-record this verse.. i'll keep your advice in-mind for future songs as well. thanks again.
    test
  16. Hash Seeds

Hash Seeds New Member

test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.