Nelson-Carwin @ UFC 125; Franklin-Griffin @ UFC 127

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by Delinquent, Oct 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Wrong... He won from the clinch position with Mir's back to the cage. It was an uppercut from the clench which is still grappling.
    test
  2. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

test
  3. Serb

Serb The Answer

yall trippin hard

carwin gonna knockout nelson BAD

like devasting KO

u think Nelson gonna take down Carwin the wrestler.. lol

Carwin got the most heaviest hands in the UFC.
    test
  4. Serb

Serb The Answer

and I hate Carwin

but dude is a beast not gonna lie

not to mention he isnt that young either.

imagine if he was in the UFC in his prime age?

didnt he get caught for steriods though?

i remember reading something bout riods with him
    test
  5. NOBLE SOLDIER

NOBLE SOLDIER Fireball Kid

I agree with this.. war big country...
    test
  6. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

test
  7. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

test
  8. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

test
  9. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

I'ma add to what I said...

What ya'll are saying is like saying Brock Lesnar has better STRIKING than Mir because he used PUNCHES to beat him while they were on the ground while controlling him.

WRESTLING got Carwin the position putting Mir's back on the cage which put him in an ADVANCED POSITIONING in order to get those punches off to knock Mir out.

He did not STAND WITH MIR AND STRIKE. Hence, he did not prove he is a better striker. AGAIN... he was VERY tentative to strike with him. Go watch the fight again. When a fighter says he's going to work on his stand up, he doesn't go work on his clench work and putting someone on the cage and punching from that position. You guys sound like idiots right now. SMH.
    test
  10. Serb

Serb The Answer

i understand what ur trying to say

but this doesnt make Mir a better striker

u never know wut would happen if he didnt have him on the cage.

all we know is that he got knocked the fuck out
    test
  11. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

I'm just going off what I saw. Go watch the fight again... I watched it about 5 times since that night the fight was on. Mir was the one initiating the striking.

And last time I checked... even Gonzaga was beating Carwin in the stand up UNTIL he landed that big punch. Carwin's a POWERFUL puncher but I don't think he's a great striker as far as skill set. It really looks like he didn't wanna strike with Mir.

I'm not saying Carwin's not a good or even great fighter. I'm just stating what I saw. Mir struggles with wrestlers... he looked like a fish outta water when his back was to the cage and that was honestly the first time I've ever seen him fight with his back to the cage. He made a lotta rookie mistakes and then Carwin took advantage of it. Well, that's what I saw once again. Who knows?
    test
  12. Serb

Serb The Answer

all of carwins fights are KO expect for brocks

a win is a win. carwin just waits for his opening to land a big shot and its gameover

thats his gameplan, and it works alot.

and Mir's striking isnt that amazing lately anyways.

his performance against cro cop was so badd.
    test
  13. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Let's look into Carwin's career. Who has he REALLY fought that was great except Gonzaga who is amazing outside of the fact that he has a glass jaw?

And Mir's stand up hasn't looked great of late? Let's see... First person to finish Noguiera (don't gimme the staff infection bullshit)... Dropped Kongo (which no one in the UFC did) and then finished him with a submission. Won the small exchange he had with Brock when it was in the stand up before he got taken down. Landed the only punch that was not in the clench against Carwin and hit 'em with an elbow. Last time I checked... people who've TRIED to stand with Mir have lost of late.

And I don't even wanna hear the bullshit Crocop fight. I watched that fight like 4 times (just like I do with almost every other MMA fight). I don't understand how the fuck people blamed Mir when he was coming forward and anytime Mir got inside punching range Crocop would extend his arms, push off to get out of punching range, and step to the side so Mir couldn't come and hit 'em again. Crocop fought so fuckin' scared and just ran. It's not easy to engage with someone else when they're not willing to engage. REALLY go watch that Mir Crocop fight again... Mir came forward with punches and anytime Crocop could, he pushed away and side stepped. Crocop didn't wanna strike. Eventually, Mir didn't wanna get pushed off so he start pressing him against the cage. If anything, his wrestling looked like shit and his clinch work once against the cage BUT his stand up can't even be judged off that dumb shit. And at the end of the day, he still got the knock out and was winning even before the knock out.

And no... I'm not knocking him as a fighter. He's solid. I just think he's been highly overrated. Honestly, if Gonzaga played that fight a little smarter, he would have won. He was DOMINATING... not just winning... DOMINATING that fight up 'til the point where he just got hit and dropped. He used a great gameplan against Mir and put him where Mir appears to be the weakest (back on the cage/clinch work) and beat him there... I haven't seen him have overly impressive hands as much as people try to give him credit for them. He knocked down a terrible stand up fighter in Brock and was losing the stand up to Gonzaga and against Mir his stand up was a non-factor... the clinch and Greco Roman won it for him.

I dunno... I think people get caught up in the hype too much. Honestly, in the last 3 fights, Mir's stand up has looked much more impressive than Shane's. Just my opinion....

And before ya'll start talking about well why couldn't Mir drop Brock... again... stop looking at the small picture. He has better wrestling so he couldn't get Carwin down like he was able to get Mir. If Mir had great wrestling and Brock couldn't get him down, Mir would drop Lesnar too. And honestly, if Mir had Brock in the same position Carwin had 'em... there would have been a quick submission and the fight would have been over. Damn, some of these wrestlers need to work on some jiu-jitsu/submission game.
    test
  14. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

I don't give a shit what people say about his cardio, I just don't see how that seems to be the main negative being talked about him. I personally think Carwin displayed a lot more weakness in his fight with Lesnar than just having bad fucking cardio.
    test
  15. Serb

Serb The Answer

lol @ the mir lover we got here

let me remind you. MMA is MMA.

Carwin knocked Mir the fuck out, Mir wont ever fight carwin again. he scared too.

he would get knocked out again. he cant do nothing bout it.

Mir will never touch the belt again.

he barely beat a shitty cro cop.

if that was Carwin fighting Cro cop the fight would of been over in the first round

go suck Mir's balls. but just remmber he got his ass kicked by Brock and Carwin.
    test
  16. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

pretty sure striking, and a cage, is non-existent in greco-roman wrestling

dumbass :funny:
    test
  17. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Good argument. You're makin' it seem like I'm dick riding. I mentioned Mir's clear weaknesses. I'm stating what I see. So that 'lil phrase you tried to be cute with isn't even relevent in this conversation. Please try something more intelligent.

Again... thanks for doing a great job coming with something intelligent. If anything, I'm the one who's been talking about the use of different skillsets to finish fights while these other idiots say it's an uppercut so it must be stand up and striking ability. SMH...

Yeah.... And Dan Hardy is terrified to fight Carlos Condit. GREAT... ANOTHER GREAT ARGUMENT AND POINT. Talking from the stand point of another grown man's emotions. SMH again.

Yup... Because MMA is so black and white like that. You're sounding like you should be an analyst on MMA Live right now. Great breakdowns and input.

Yup... Barely beat yet he was winning in points and unconscious wondering what happened. RIGGHHTT. More intelligence.

WHAT A POST!

if that was Carwin fighting Cro cop the fight would of been over in the first round

go suck Mir's balls. but just remmber he got his ass kicked by Brock and Carwin.[/QUOTE]
    test
  18. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Hey retard. Do you even know what the fuck Greco Roman Wrestling is? SMH... Do you know what techniques are used in using the cage and the clinch style and the underhooks and whatnot? Moron... Good job proving my point. You're a fuckin' moron that obviously can't come with an intelligent response.

Great job showing how Carwin is a GREAT STAND UP FIGHTER by using wrestling to get the KO. NO DIFFERENT FROM BROCK GETTING KO'S BY USING WRESTLING AND GAINING ADVANCED POSITION! GREAT JOB! So Brock is an elite striker in all of MMA. He knocks out and finishes every by using his wrestling and beating them on the ground! Great....

Dumbass....... I tried to laugh but it's not even funny.
    test
  19. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

lol this dude dumb as fuck, obviously the whole point of the argument went over his head :funny:
    test
  20. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

I can say the same for you idiot. According to you... Brock Lesnar is a great striker being he punches people after getting advanced positioning and getting them on the ground. Surrreee... BROCK'S A GREAT STRIKER NOW! Learn something new everyday.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.