Need to gain 6-8kg in two weeks!!

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by jaymz_101, Nov 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaymz_101

jaymz_101 New Member

I need to gain 6-8kg by the 28th Nov to make weight for a fight.

Had the flu for the past month and couldn't shake it. Ended up losing a good bit of weight due to not training.

Anyone suggest the best way to gain this weight with the least fat possible?

Or should I just eat like a monster? I can always lose the fat after and put the weight on in muscle again with proper training.

test
  2. BoardWalk

BoardWalk it's a monopoly.

are you kidding?

13-17lbs in two weeks?

Not possible.
    test
  3. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

damn @ having to gain weight for a fight. i have never been in that position haha. yeah... your not going to be able to do that.
    test
  4. LiveFromThe781

LiveFromThe781 Don Of The Den

well it may be possible.

he had the flu for a month, not a week. depending on what the difference between the weight he was before and the weight he's trying to achieve he may be able to do this through muscle memory.

for those who don't know "muscle memory" works by your body's set points. to break this down, the longer you carry a certain weight the more adjusted your body is to carrying it so say you were 190 pounds for 6 months, your body would be pretty accustomed to carrying that weight. if you happened to lose 20 pounds for whatever reason you could get a bounceback phase which is basically your body telling you to eat everything in site and your effieciency to consumption ratio skyrockets enabling you to gain rediculous amounts in short periods of time.

however the amount you gain back depends on the weight carried before and the time you carried it.

i would suggest to just go all out and eat and lift and eat and lift. see where you land.

p.s. I have really good grammar for a drunk guy, don't I?
    test
  5. jaymz_101

jaymz_101 New Member

I was 2kg over weight before I got sick.

So basically I'm working out everyday, switching up between weights and interval training and eating meals every 3-4 hours.

I'll post a weight update closer to the time.
    test
  6. KevinGarnett.

KevinGarnett. Anthony Anderson is GOD

smh

uneblievable

good fuckin luck.
    test
  7. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

if you were up there before you got sick you should gain it a lot faster. try getting some Serious Mass or Weight Gainer or you can make your own. I've been adding olive oil and natural peanut butter to my shakes for extra calories, it works great.

Some people will also make a shake and put it in a shaker bottle and sit in on top of the toilet so when they wake up halfway through the night to take a piss they can slam a shake and get in some extra calories as well.

Just a couple things to keep in mind for after you've eating all your meals you can fit in
    test
  8. jaymz_101

jaymz_101 New Member

Genius...

I'm going to start doing that.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.