Need tips on vocals

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by Inzane Geniuz, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Inzane Geniuz

Inzane Geniuz What A Freak

Yo everyone im looking for tips on making the vocals smoother or just sound better i cant exactly explain what i am talking about but they just dont sound right or atleast as good as they could anyway i have posted this vid in the section for sharing your music but you guys should check it out and tell me ways i could improve the quality of the vocals.
    test
  2. Raw Technique Studios

Raw Technique Studios New Member

Part of the quality issue is the recording process and the other is mixing.

Fist what microphone are you using? Sounds low quality so that can be part of the issue. Also recording close to peak levels sounds bad/distorted at times. Try recording at -10-18 db so you have room to mix.

Mixing you need to do reductive EQ (take out that low end muddy frequency range) then compress for some smoothing of the dynamic range. Lastly put on some additive EQ (3k to 10k small 1-3db boost) this will open up the vocals and add pretense.

Reverb is optional and can make the vocals sound really nice.

Here is one of my recent clients recording in my studio. I mixed and mastered the audio as well so check it out and listen to my results.
    test