need help deciding which mic to get....

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by YoungWon, Jun 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YoungWon

YoungWon forwords to be forwarned

audio technica at2035.large diaphram.... Audio-Technica AT2035 Large Diaphragm Cardioid Condenser Microphone

audio technica at 2050 large diaphram..... Audio-Technica AT2050 Multi-Pattern Large Diaphragm Condenser Microphone

mxl 9000 tube condenser..... MXL 9000 Tube Condenser Microphone

sterling audio st55 large diaphram.... Sterling Audio ST55 Large Diaphragm FET Condenser Microphone

shure pg42.... Shure PG42 Condenser Microphone

shure ksm27..... Shure KSM27 Studio Condenser Microphone

out of those...which one would you say is the best for vocal recording......

andi would say i have a grimey strained type voice..if that means anything toward what mic to use ....theres a link in my sig if need be

right now im leaning towards either the at 2035...mxl 9000 tube ...or the shure ksm 27.........but any imput is welcome since i dont really know...
    test
  2. Mr. ROUSH

Mr. ROUSH WWW.SOUNDCLICK.COM/ROUSH

I would go with the 2035 over the 2050 unless you're recording instruments too.. the main difference is that the 2050 is multipattern.. if you're only recording vocals then you only need a cardioid pattern..

I would go with the ksm27 over the pg42

tube mics are nice... that's what I mostly use right now.. the ma-200.. but for that price I would be a little skeptical without hearing it..

I haven't heard a lot of great things about sterling audio.. I just read two reviews on it where the person ended up taking it back.. but I have no experience with them and so I can't really say..

my vote still has to go for the 2035 out of all these.. and I already mentioned about the shure mics that I wouldn't get one unless I could get the ksm32 or better.

2035 is tough to beat in that range
    test
  3. YoungWon

YoungWon forwords to be forwarned

lol good lookin cuz......yeah since the 2035 is pretty cheap...

ima prolly grab that the e-mu n dbx 286a

good look man you be real helpfull
    test
  4. Mr. ROUSH

Mr. ROUSH WWW.SOUNDCLICK.COM/ROUSH

I try pimpin.. no problem.. any time.. I like that preamp.. I think that's an excellent choice..
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.