Need exercise for shoulder after dislocation

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Geedorah, Mar 29, 2013.

1. frankwhite 1

frankwhite 1 thirteen

i'ma PT and CSCS who works with pro footballers. so listen here, nigga. i done went to school for 5 years for this shit

you need to strengthen the whole shoulder girdle. your supraspinatus, infraspinatus, teres minor and subscapularis in particular need stabilzing. but these will obtain the same training effect by working your deltoids, trapezius, rhomboids, latissimus dorsi and pectoralis muscles with basic compounds

thing is though, you need mobility before stability before movement. you need to do a functional movement screen to determine your deficiencies which i bet are most likely reduced lateral/external rotation of the glenohumeral joint and thoracic spine mobility due to posteriorly hypotonic rhomboids and latissimus dorsi, anteriorly your sternocleidomastoid and scalenus anterior, with antagonizing hypertonic pectoralis major and minor, and levator scapulae muscles

so we need to mobilize your glenohumeral joint, but stabilize your scapulae and improve t-spine mobility. start with t-spine rotations and extensions over a ball or chair, side-lying windmills, quadruped extension/rotations, band pull-a-parts and external rotation with a cable or band, the full scope of blackburn stretches (prone abduction, scaption and lateral rotation), scap wall slides, and scap pullups and pushups. some myofascial release and deep tissue work of certain areas will help too. mainly pecs and thoracic spine

select 4 (2 x t-spine + 2 x shoulder) movements and perform them 3 times a day for 15 reps each. rotate your selection every other day. foam roll daily. i'd also prescribe standing overhead press, pendlay rows, snatch high pulls and bench pressing 3 times a week for 3 sets of 5 reps a piece. as in monday bench and row, wednesday press and pull, friday repeat monday. the following week will be the inverse of that

go see a PT and get an FMS. if you play competitive sport or just train for athletic development you'll benefit. plus he can properly diagnose you and when you pay for something you tend to ensure you follow instructions instead of throwing money away. might need an ultrasound or MRI to check for tendon tears too

that'll be $120, nigga. i'll PM my paypal
    test
  2. ReasonableSHOTZ

ReasonableSHOTZ Passenger Side Gunna

working out is for herbs. i got the shoulders of Antonio Banderas just from holdin K's and stackin paper
    test
  3. Sin Skywalker

Sin Skywalker #184 Gladiator.

When you can start working out again with weights I suggest shoulder shrugs & dumbbell lateral raises with minimal weights (at first). I wouldn't suggest any Arnold presses or overhead presses unless you use VERY light weight until you got some strength back in your shoulder. One of the stronger dudes at my gym messed up both of his shoulders and he was pretty much completely out of the gym for a month & just came back today and was doing bench and some other exercises.

Is your Dr. suggesting you DO weight training to strengthen your shoulder or that you take it easy for awhile first?
    test
  4. Sin Skywalker

My dude dropped alot of big words in that reply right there. You should charge at least $200 for that, tbh. :scared:
    test
  5. Geedorah

Geedorah King

Doc said I have to do mri and come back to him to see if Ill need surgery.
    Yea, he said to do weights and not to do moves like when it popped out.
    test
  6. yayo

yayo Polar Bear LaFlare

i dislocated my shoulder a number of times, im a idiot tho ill just get it popepd back in then never follw up
    test
  7. Geedorah

Geedorah King

One time it will pop back out so hard you wont be able to pop it back in, but the worst thing is docs told me people would come in and say it popped out while they were sleeping.
    test
  8. ReasonableSHOTZ

ReasonableSHOTZ Passenger Side Gunna

King Geedorah, take me to ya leader
    test
  9. yayo

yayo Polar Bear LaFlare

I know what makes my shoulder pop out its always the same motion

Been over 3 years without a dislocation. And that's me boxing, playing ball, and most recently lifting weights

So who knows

Anything that throws my shoulder up and behind will pop it.
    test
  10. Sin Skywalker

@yayo shoulder soft as hot puppy shit and marshmallows. :funny:
    test
  11. yayo

yayo Polar Bear LaFlare

test
  12. Geedorah

Geedorah King

test
  13. Denzel

Denzel New Member

Hey friends. Its a wonderful thread and i really like it. I have my own gym and i am also a trainer so if someone needs any help about exercise or need some idea then contact with me.
    test
  14. Sin Skywalker

Where are you from??
    test
  15. Geedorah

Geedorah King

Damn, I didnt know mri takes 30 min, almost fell asleep in it.
    test