Need a crash course in multis, rhyme schemes, internals...

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by GaLaTeA, Feb 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

or one could read further (rather more just simply right) and like it like a simile........mak what's your favorite rap metaphor?......favorite simile?.......favorite part of speech?
    test
  2. Murder Ink

Murder Ink Jigsaw

I agree man. I only look at the syllable count if I can't figure out why I can't rap a bar to the corresponding beat right. lol
    test
  3. makaveli21

makaveli21 king of the world

i like metaphors and wordplay

and ras kass and jay-z are the best at it

By the ounce dough accumulates like snow
    We don't just shine, we illuminate the whole show
    test
  4. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

so which one was that, metaphor, simile, idiom, wordplay, adverb, reverb, aye verb?.....
    i know you know what is what, but this just needs to be explained to stress change to your less sane reasoning........you know the definitions of parts of speech, they start to teach tards and geeks the art of speech parts in like 6th grade......maybe later but you're quite fit to know webster you got the web sir........simile metaphor =2 different literary tools.....
    test
  5. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

I believe that... but in the instance you're describing, breath control would be active not passive.

If you don't have the lung capacity, your breath control will be limited.

It's why so many rappers use punch-ins... because they don't have the breath control to spit their bars seamlessly.

The words don't dictate your breath control... your breath control dictates your capacity for constructing those syllable parameters
    test
  6. makaveli21

actually it goes by syllable count here is what they said in the book

flocabulary the rapeprs handbook

Basic Tips on Flow​
    While every flow is unique, there are a few general
    things that you can do to improve yours.​
    1. Count Syllables​
    Counting syllables is the most basic way you can make
    sure that your flow is solid. The number of syllables in
    your line will depend on how fast you rap, but generally
    you’re going to want between 10-16 syllables per line.
    You probably want most of your lines to match up in
    the number of syllables. Here’s what can happen when
    they don’t match up. These lines contain some good​
    elements but are wrecked because of the flow.
    test
  7. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

pun was a prime example
    test
  8. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

and it so often comes from writing not to a beat and so forth, as well as the fitness involved in being able to be so llong winded.......breath control dictates capacity for recording or rhyming on beat, but i think that's ikely hat you meant.......
    test
  9. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

mak do you rap at all?
    test
  10. makaveli21

eminem is a example of a guy who has a perfect bar strcuture most of his syllables
    in his line be like one syllable off rarely does he have a 8 syllable with a 3 syllable
    test
  11. makaveli21

i just started taking it seriously yesterday im writing now
    test
  12. TWAMP$iN

TWAMP$iN proper weaponry

all jokes aside, mak, i'm interested in either reading or hearing a completed verse from you.
    test
  13. scribbles1188

scribbles1188 Well-Known Member

Man, imagine if KRS One circa 89-91, Ras Kass, or inventor of the multi Lord Finesse had a book on how to rap to guide them? Then entered the RSTL? Gala would have no chance.

Also I'd like to read or hear a verse from Mak.
    test
  14. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

we all can rhyme, mak is the only one whpo never posted any bars
    test
  15. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Yeah, but for some reason I'll always manage to find a word it has absolutely no rhymes to it...:funny:
    test
  16. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

thats why i showed you the game and dnt be afraid to google the shit sometimes..

politician
    pot to piss in
    proper vision
    papa pimpin
    ponzi system
    pac or biggie?

oh wait nvm... fuck imagine if RM had it's own thread or forum with nothing but rhyme after rhyme??
    test
  17. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

He's a KOTD member? (yeah, I didn't know that, so my apologies for that :scared:)

I'm bookmarking his vids though...

Ty for this recommendation. (=

:funny: No one's at the top until they reach it, so taking L's doesn't sound bad when there's a learning process involved. It might take me a while, but I'll get it eventually. Or the dictionary gets it. And finding a middle ground is key when trying to fuse all those things together, that I can fully agree on.

Ty for your advice as well! (=

I've honestly started off with making some points I wished to address when it came to the topic at hand, then made an essay...aaaaaand then, picked it apart, breaking it down into lines, and desperately tried to make it rhyme. :funny:

I do consider rap and hip hop art forms on their own, especially when I'm able to see and hear what magic rappers who are doing it manage to play with, and see how effortlessly some of the most brilliant work comes across.

The formula might take all the fun out of it, but until I can link things together, I'll need a safety net of sorts, and as much I'd like to think everything in life can be broken down into a mathematical formula and easy to grasp, it's not.

For instance, a thread Makaveli21 posted not long ago, had rhymes bolded in a basic shape of axiomatic and central projection, which is known to me via descriptive geometry. Now, if take my essay, pick it apart, and insert only rhymes in places of that basic shape, it'll leave me with enough limited open space to include a story + metaphors + etc, but it will also make me run for my dictionary, since I'll need to tell a whole lot working with just a few syllables.

Yeah, I'm hella weird. :scared:

That's really a good advice, LP. Thank you, it's much appreciated. I did try with the "easy rhyming words" first...but ended up feeling..."wth am I doing, this makes 0 sense".

If you'll feel like it, you should consider entering into RSTL or RBL leagues here on RM..
    test
  18. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Make a rhyme after rhyme thread...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.