NCAA Football National Title Match-ups

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by Ignorant, Nov 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Who would you like to see?

Well, my Gamecocks got exposed, so those distant dreams are dead... LSU looks like they're on track to win it all, no matter who they play.

But who will they play?

Stanford? OK St.? Boise? Oregon?

I wouldn't mind seeing an LSU-Oregon rematch... but I think Stanford will dispense of them... and OK St. has a potent offense with two of the greatest WRs in college football... it would be great to see them go up against the best defense... but they gotta get past Oklahoma.

And Boise? Boy oh boy... Boise... some people just won't let it go... they play cupcakes week in and week out... it's why they have the easiest path to being undefeated... if they get in the national championship game, LSU will drag them to death... but maybe they should, so it'll dead all this talk of them being worthy year in and year out... maybe they won't be ranked so high come next pre-season... notice how we haven't seen Hawaii ranked since GA exposed them a few years ago.
    test
  2. Your Idol

Your Idol ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

Say what you want about Boise but compared to Stanford and Oklahoma State they actually have a decent defense, good running game, and great QB play. Stanford and Okie State have terrible defenses, it's just going to be the same old story. SEC champ shuts down some overrated offense and runs all over them. At least Boise has the overall strength to compete...these rest of these teams are pretenders.

Odds are we already saw the national championship game last Saturday and the rest of the season is redundant.
    test
  3. the Prince

the Prince New Member

boise was better last year
    test
  4. Drink8cokesAday

Drink8cokesAday ALL DAY

Yeah I agree they were the 2 best teams

for the championship I'd like to see LSU vs Stanford. Mostly because I don't wanna see a rematch so we may as well find out more about Luck
    test
  5. Alias3000

Alias3000 Well-Known Member

LSU vs. Boise is the match up I wanna see.
    test
  6. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Yeah, I do, too. actually... despite what I wrote earlier, but for the reasons I wrote earlier... however, if they win, I will kiss their asses and say they are the shit... if they lose respectfully and close, I will give them props... if they get demolished, I will say 'dead the Boise talk from henceforth'
    test
  7. Your Idol

Your Idol ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

The national championship always comes down to defense. Auburn had one of the worst defenses in the SEC and absolutely shut down "the best offense in the nation" last year.
    test
  8. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Nah, they got better each week... they were clearly the best team in the country last year...

But it looks like Stanford might be out for now... and hell, it could be an all-SEC match-up with a rematch the way things are looking now... or are they allowed to let that happen?
    test
  9. Drink8cokesAday

Drink8cokesAday ALL DAY

now i'd rather see the lsu vs alabama rematch

i hope ou beats ok st
    test
  10. Your Idol

Your Idol ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

Sure they were clearly the best team but the point was even though they had a bad defense in the SEC they still shut down Oregon.

I doubt it will be Bama vs LSU. It will be the best team in the SEC vs whoever the BCS wants to lose to them.
    test
  11. kingorap

kingorap New Member

test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.