ncaa 2006

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by chop stick, Jul 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

I really only play this game until madden drops. seeing as how madden is about 2 months away and i usually simulate through games.. just to get the draft picks.. Because i wanted to have a realistic draft. But seeing as how i dont watch college football.. i dont know much of the schools history.. so i dont really have a "team".. so this year, i decided im going to pick a team, and be the coach or whatever.. BUT.. i dont know what team to pick.. heres where you come into play.. what i do on madden, is i usually take a beat up team.. and turn them around.. i find it challenging and a lot of fun.. so im thinking i'd like to do the same on ncaa.. what are some not so good teams? maybe a team that plays with a lot of heart.. and just isnt too good. and is it cheating, if i develop players and try and recruit them for my madden franchise? Yes, i know i am a freak, and try and take this way too seriously.. but excuse me ^_^
    test
  2. Geez Us Nice

Geez Us Nice T.E.N

honestly homes...this year if it isn't USC, or Tennesee, maybe Iowa...u'll have no chance...they usually make Penn State good as well for some reason...but if u want a team with a lil talent but one u'll have to work with to get dubs...try Notre Dame...or Louisville...u want some tough conference play...go with Virginia Tech or maybe a SEC team like Georgia, Auburn, Florida might have a lil more talent than u'd want but they could be a good challenge as well...the teams i named have some talent but nothing 2 overwhelming...i don't fully understand what u mean about developing ur players though...if u just mean editing them or just puttin them in the right situation to get better?...if ur editing to make sure u get that college kid into the draft...then yes and no...if ur just coaching then it won't matter too much...as long as ur not doing the whole team...i did it with Erasmus James on 05 because kiddo came outta nowhere last year...but if ur going to play with the kids don't edit...just make um perform with the on-field play it'll workout better that way...coaching makes it harder to exploit the players real talents...Vince Young isn't puttin up no thousand yards on the ground via coaching reguardless of how much option u run...and i had constant problems with Kejuan Jones gettin carries over Adrian Peterson even after i made Peterson the starter...so if ur coaching...then sure edit...if ur playing...don't tamper...hope that helped...
    test
  3. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

Madden is only a month away

8/8
    test
  4. Cornrow Wallace

Cornrow Wallace New Member

UCLA Bruins. They're gonna be great *****!
    test
  5. BulliT

BulliT NITROUS FED

test
  6. Wowzer

Wowzer like wow.

NCAA Fball is an awesome game, I'm more of a Madden fan but most of my friends enjoy NCAA more.

I'd go with Marshall University, they have a ton of heart and left the MAC for Con-USA this season. for history Marshall is the college Randy Moss, Chad Pennington and Byron Leftwich came from. I pick them up a lot on NCAA...fun team to play with.
    test
  7. Catch TWENTY 2

Catch TWENTY 2 Poet Extrodinaire

test
  8. Dark-Vybe

Dark-Vybe Active Member

WVU, the talent is so-so, there heart is amazing, plus with the addition of some C-USA teams itll be a good season for em...

eventho they already predicted to sweep the Big East it'll still be close since theyll be running with a new QB(they still have 6 QBs & no starter has been named yet)
    they have what "I" beleive is a smooooth Hard Gap Hitting, Bone Crushing, AWSOME play reading Line Backing tandom, prolly the most underrated in all of NCAA(even tho 1 is on the watch list) theyre gonna be feirce
    plus they have a dude with alot of talent to takeup PacMans position(if hes even half asgood as pacman hell still be super dope)

or maybe youll wanan go with a smaller school with easier scheds but alot of potentiol, you could pick Wyoming. they have 10 of their O starters that put up nice numbers last year. their D is alil shaky at times but there a big numbers team soooo...

Bowling Green, theyve been becoming a force among the smaller schools of the past years, this year, they should start getting shine now

Marshall, same as Bowling Green, but BG would prolly rollover UM this year

ACC will be your hardest conference to win

yea, but i cant wait til tuesday to play this joint, that Heisman shit they added looks DOOOOPE...
    im more of a NCAA gamer for all-by-myself play
    i only play madden with friends, i jus cant seem to get into playin seasons, i usually do what you do, sim all the games, i jus make all the decisions....see how many superbowls i can win an shit
    test
  9. J-A-B-B-A-R

J-A-B-B-A-R Knick Hater

I always pick Illinois. They usually suck but I like to build up the team through recruiting, and right now, I'm still playing NCAA 2005, i'm about 5 years deep, and yes I do export my players from NCAA to Madden, and Illinois is on top because of the recruiting I did. I'd say get a team that's average and when you recruit, the first year or two you should recruit players that have (ATH) next to their name, as in they're athletes. You can pick them to play any position and eventually pick a position and play with them. Now depending on performance during the season their rating will drop or rise. I'm pretty good so most of my players have ratings that rise. If I see a player I recruited as a freshman has high ratings but I already have juniors or seniors at his position, then I usually give starting honors because they have high composure and when a freshman with high ratings is red shirted he usually improves dramatically. Be careful, don't piss off your recruits because they can transfer out. You just gotta try out different things.

Pz
    test
  10. rukahs79

rukahs79 New Member

I like to use UAB. They start out in a small conference, so I like to build them up and get to a bigger conference. Their located in Alabama so once you get good enough you get invited to the SEC, which is the toughest conference in college football. Plus, being in Alabama you have to compete against Auburn and Alabama for in-state recruits.
    test
  11. Wowzer

Wowzer like wow.

yea, I totally agree about Bowling Green being able to roll over Marshall this year...Marshall has had a rough time the past couple years, they're defintely lacking a quality QB right now.
    test
  12. J Rocca

J Rocca New Member

i already picked up my copy of ncaa 06...bout to start this heisman thing soon...i had it pre-ordered so I got mines a day early. But my friends are hitting up wal-mart at 12 tonight to get thiers.
    test
  13. Jada Diss

Jada Diss New Member

Kentucky...try turning that team around
    test
  14. Young Marc

Young Marc AKA Jae Skrilla

This Game Is Sweet As Hell
    test
  15. Catch TWENTY 2

test
  16. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

does it look the same as ncaa 05?
    test
  17. Catch TWENTY 2

No! Better! Faster gameplay! Better hits! Better evrything!
    test
  18. chop stick

chop stick Mr President

yeah, im getting it before july is over.. gotta start my college team, before madden drops 8-8
    test
  19. Geez Us Nice

Geez Us Nice T.E.N

what about the passing?...cause that shit on 05 with the volleyball deflections was a pain in the ass...along with the fucking floaters...so what that passing game look like?...
    test
  20. J-A-B-B-A-R

J-A-B-B-A-R Knick Hater

Now when you play heisman mode, can you still load import your players to madden at the end of each year. and when u play it you have control of the whole team not just ur player right?

Pz
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.