nba geniuses on t-mac's 1st rd. woes

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by Brahman, Mar 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

i've made these same ingenious arguments on t-mac's struggles in the first round of the playoffs before, but it's refreshing to see that there are other human beings out there with comparable levels of enlightenment and savvy

complete nba idiot writes: "T-Mac:9yrs in the L, still no 2nd round. the guy is just not a winner.."

illuminated nba genius writes: "I go back to the same thing that I have always said about McGrady's lack of playoff success. Name one time that in the 1st round he went up against a team that his was seeded or favored over? The answer is pretty simply, 0 times. T-Mac has never played on a team that was considered to be 'the team to beat', so how can his lack of playoff success be placed solely on his own shoulders?"

complete nba idiot #2 writes: "I think if the Rockets want to win next yr they should trade TMac and bring back better pieces to fit around Yoa he is now showing he is the man in houston."

illuminated nba genius #2 writes: "Get out of here. Yao has a nice stretch and suddenly he's the man?

A healthy McGrady and Yao will be a force. Anyone who doesn't know that this year was just an unlucky injury fest for Houston doesn't follow the sport.

Further, the Orlando and Houston teams he was on were not better than Dallas or Detroit. If anything, the early leads TMac was able to be the main part of in both those series shows that if he had an equivalent team (or better team) than he would have easily won."

----------​

whether they're motivated by a personal hatred/grudge or are simply fed up with what they see as "undeserved hype", there will always be irrational t-mac haters who are devoid of any analytical capabilities. they think that if an argument, no matter how the right or valid it may be, is "getting old" it means it is losing its credibility. however, the truth will always remain...

say i'm "making excuses"... say i'm "copping out"... say whatever... there's no doubt that t-mac has fought valiantly and heroically as he carried his team in the face of being overmatched in the playoffs.

career playoff stats (since joining orlando as a franchise cornerstone):

31.6 PPG (44.5 FG%, 33.6 3P%),
    6.8 RPG
    6.1 APG
    1.55 SPG
    1.27 BPG

yeah, HE is to blame... not the fact that he was facing much more well-rounded teams, including one that evolved into the nba champion the very next season
    test
  2. Purple Haze

Purple Haze pop warner hof

The shooting percentages is average in the playoffs.

But anyway, I guess you can blame it on the injuries but they had a nice squad this year with Skip, Wesley, Mac, Swift, and Yao. Huge disappointment.
    test
  3. double ML

double ML Guest

t-mac has clearly shown he cannot carry a team

he'll put up good #'s, but is not the go-to guy when you need wins
    test
  4. Iceodu921

Iceodu921 Resident Sports Genius

lol @ saying 1 time wen his team should win..

how about being up 2-0 and coming home. idc who ur playing who should win that series.
    test
  5. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

"go-to guy" implies that there are other players capable of carrying a good portion of the load, so you're right

he wasn't a "go-to guy" for all of those playoff series in orlando. he was the only guy. the mere fact that he had them up 3-1 against the team that would take the trophy home in the next season is remarkable.

he has shown he can carry a team and shouldn't receive as much blame as he has for their shortcomings. they won because of him and lost despite him.
    test
  6. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

"coming home" holds no weight when "home" is the toyota center

it's probably the most unique arena in the nba in that it's basically like playing at a neutral site, so traditional homecourt advantage doesn't apply there

as i've said time and time again too, go back and review that 2nd rockets win... you'll see how dallas was clearly the much better team if your analysis is worth its salt
    test
  7. Ed E Brock

Ed E Brock RM's version of this guy

Shut up brahman. You don't like Tmac anymore, remember?
    test
  8. Who Kares

Who Kares not even your mother

get the fuck out of here with that fucking nonsense...
    test
  9. Ed E Brock

Ed E Brock RM's version of this guy

test
  10. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

lol, nonsense... that's what it is. that's why this season their road record (16-15) is a lot better than their home (12-18). the only team with that distinction in fact.

again, traditional "homecourt advantage" doesn't apply at the toyota center.

if you actually attended a game there, you'd see why
    test
  11. Ur_Boy_Pos

Ur_Boy_Pos New Member

TMac has not been on very good teams. he's had to struggle to get to da playoffs wit da cast dat he's had on those teams. how is this any different than KG? KG never made past da first round until they brought in 3 new starters to help him....including sam cassell a very good clutch player(something KG is not). so, why isnt everyone criticizing him? TMac just had bad luck and placed himself in a bad situation in Orl(kinda like kobe did), then played for a very flawed team dat didnt make it past da first round last year. da rockets, last year, had no rebounding, no bench and no true pg. then, people blame da guy who was spoon-feeding yao buckets. it was an embarassment watching da other rockets play dat playoff series. if tmac aint go off, they lost. to respond to da person dat said he aint clutch....remember all those pts against da spurs in da last 45 secs. not to mention da playoff series against da bucks his first year in Orl.....completely destroyed a team dat missed da finals dat year by one game. tmac is one of da best in da game. if wins meant it all, what has KG done ALONE? dirk? kobe? look at lebrons struggles now....this happens a lot. tmac just seems to get da most criticism for it.
    test
  12. Cigma

Cigma Maxwell's Demon

^^ I criticize KG all the time.

He's one of the most overhyped players in the league.

In 9 years, they've been out of the first round 1 time??

Yes he's versatile as hell, but why the fuck do you want your 4 shooting 3 pointers or leading fast breaks.

I want him down in the low block, making defenders collapse and opening lanes for my slashers. KG cannot dominate. He's too weak.

Plus he needs a big time scorer, because he fades in the 4th, and is afraid to take the big shots. It's proven.

Kg had good teams in the past.

Kg had a team that was better than Duncan's 2nd year squad

Robinson with a bad back, Avery Johnson at the point, Mario Ellie, and Sean Elliot... yet Tim Duncan led this team to a championship.

C'mon, for making over 200 million in his career, KG hasn't produced anything in the playoffs.

KG last year with Casell and Sprewell again, didn't even make the playoffs.

The Wolves are on the cusp of not making the playoffs for 2 years in a row.

I hate how people downplay KG's teams, go look on ESPN, they have a few articles that are basically saying what I've been saying here for years. He's not very good on the low block, can't get to the freethrow line etc..
    test
  13. double ML

double ML Guest

juwan howard > t-wack
    test
  14. style-rip

style-rip Lakers>Clippers

when was the last time fans blocked a shot? homecourt advantage is hella overrated.. oooo it gives the home team more energy to compete!! so that means they werent competing 100% before? point is, the better team should win no matter if they play in alaska, or in sactown. remember how loud arco arena was back during the laker rivalries? lakers were still able to pull it off in OT game 7! no excuses. and just cuz the toyota center was "neutral" in your opinion, it still put the rocket players at ease, knowing they are playing in a familiar environment, and the color contrast all over the court made it easy on their eyes to successfully navigate the rock through the hoop
    test
  15. double ML

double ML Guest

t-mac will play 20 yrs and never make it to round 2 again[funny]
    test
  16. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

obviously the toyota center's familiar "environment" and "color contrast" don't make it easy for t-mac's eyes

he's just one unlucky son of a gun to end up in a home arena that negatively affects his play

look at his season splits over the past two seasons:

2005-2006: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/splits?statsId=3179
    2004-2005: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/splits?statsId=3179&sYear=2005&sType=2

see how much better he shoots on the road??? roughly 4 percentage points in both instances
    test
  17. Ur_Boy_Pos

Ur_Boy_Pos New Member

style-rip,

if home court is so overrated, then y do team fight so hard to get it? it does make a huge difference. it about momentum and comfort. a lack of comfort while playing ball makes a huge difference on ur game, anyone can tell you dat
    test
  18. Purple Haze

Purple Haze pop warner hof

Spreewell hasn't been good since he was on the Knicks.

Cassell is old and was better on the bucks.
    test
  19. Iceodu921

Iceodu921 Resident Sports Genius

Reason for tmacs home struggles is he has to watch his wifey brain off half the city so hes to mad to focus at home.
    test
  20. style-rip

style-rip Lakers>Clippers

not our fault his lazy eye prolly caused him to be color blind :( i love tmac tho..
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.