(Nasty Please check)[Week 44] [Contendership] 3. WarMachine(5-2) vs 4. S. Issue(1-0)

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by T.a.C, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T.a.C

T.a.C Guest

[​IMG]

VERSES

VERSUS DUE: Every Friday @ 11:59 PM EST
    LINE LIMIT: Minimum of 16 lines, Maximum of 64
    ** NO RECYCLING, NO EXCEPTIONS **
    •Recycling is the equivalent to that of a no-show and will be treated as such, thus resulting in a loss in favor of the participant whom chose to recycle and a win in favor of his/her opponent
    •Extensions may only be granted if a moderator has given consent prior to a verse being posted in the match OR your opponent gives his consent
    •If granted, the extension will override deadline for both participants extending it for no more than 24 hours
    •CHECK-INS are encouraged, but not required
    •Verses MUST incorporate AT LEAST 1 of the provided topics or pictures
    •A failure to show will result in a loss and a sign out by default
    •If your opponent fails to show, you MUST STILL post AT LEAST 5 lines (4-15) AND 3 voting links in order to claim victory
    •A Championship Title WILL NOT be decided by way of no-show!!!
    •If an opponent fails to show in a Championship match, the remaining participant will be ranked as the number 1 seed, but will not be considered a Champion until a win by vote
    •Upon your second no show, you will be suspended for two weeks of competition. A third no show will result in a three week suspension and a fourth will result in a suspension for the remainder of the season. There is no suspension for first time no showers.
    • Competitors are limited to posting 3 times in their own match, which allows for checking in, posting votes, and posting a verse. For each post over 3 unless deemed necessary by the mods, the competitor will be docked one vote.
    • Each competitor may only post once in another competitors battle allowing for a vote and nothing more, if you would like an explanation or to explain as to why a vote was cast a certain way, you can pm them or point things out properly in the vote to begin with. Violating this will result in losing a vote in your match.
    • A verse can be edited if and only if it is the first verse to be posted and the other verse has yet to be posted or it is the second verse posted and a vote has yet to be received.
    • Members found constantly disruptive to the league will have their sign-in ignored.

VOTING

VOTES DUE: Every Sunday @ 11:59 PM EST

•You MUST vote on AT LEAST 5 matches AND post links in your thread
    •EACH link NOT POSTED will result in a 1 vote DEDUCTION
    •Voting on the Championship and Contender matches is mandatory
    •Champ and Contender links MUST be labeled accordingly
    •Your votes MUST be AT LEAST 2 FULL lines in length per verse in order to be deemed valid (Discretion given on incomplete verses)
    •Failure to vote and/or post LABELED LINKS will result in vote deductions in your battle
    •If your opponent fails to show, you are still accountable for voting on 3 matches as well as posting those links in your match and labeling the CHAMP and CONTENDER respectively!!!
    •Votes posted AFTER DEADLINE will NOT COUNT!!!
    •Voting is open to PARTICIPANTS, RSTL MODERATORS, and PAST CHAMPIONS ONLY!!!
    •PAST CHAMPIONS MUST vote on a MINIMUM of 3 matches in order to be counted as a legitimate voter
    •Editing your vote for any reason must be done within the hour of the original post time. Otherwise, the vote will be null and void.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Any changes must be agreed upon by both participants and cleared by a moderator

MODERATORS ARE LAW OF THE LAND
    AIM NAMES
    NASTY- LyRiKaLxLoRd
    T.a.C- thedude8125
    ShadowWarriorfs- ShadowWarriorfs
    test
  2. S. Issue

S. Issue Who?

test
  3. S. Issue

S. Issue Who?

test
  4. WarMachine

WarMachine The Legend.

[​IMG]

She never faultered nor did she ever dissapoint- just did as she promised
    soaking her salt filled wounds in the shores, praying into the hand that covered her fist,
    since the day I left- my trousers tied up at the knees leaving her to fend on her own
    bridging the canvas' in her mind, trying to bring herself into the unknown
    as I'm away struggling in the midst of combat, she tickles her toes as her faith lies on the horizon
    ticking the days away on her calender, adding up the days that I've been gone
    her heart beats abnoramally as she never tires and loses no hope of my return
    putting her soul on tainted breath for the dream of which she yearns.
    Some days she dresses up, makes herself presentable and allows the wind to blow her golden locks
    climbing further out to get as close as she can to me, braving the surf and the razor sharp rocks
    her lip is firm but would quiver from time to time, her eyes in constant squint
    regardless of the weather she'd never give up, even until her legs ached and she had to sit for a stint
    her eyes remained fixated on the thick bold line that seperates her world from mine
    quite obviously dwelling to much on the events that breach that vivid line.
    As the years went by and the torture of day to day events grew on her she faded
    limping out on a bad to watch the waves roll in, never allowing herself to be persuaded
    she grew athritis in her knees and eventually the constant salt rubbing burnt her feet
    her blood pressure soared through the roof everytime part of the returning fleet
    came home to drop its rustic anchor in the shores and the men leaped overboard
    she'd go sprinting into the water, wading in parts to spot her love- an attempt with no reward.
    Her hair began to fall out, alapecia set in nicely and her teeth begun bleed
    her fingers nails were too long to far gone to clean and her hopes had started to recede
    eventually it claimed her life, they found her clutching a cross and our wedding ring
    slumped up against the face of a rock and had frozen on an evening in spring.

Almost 5 years to the day I returned to find now wife or note
    searching valiantly to find answers when I sent packages and wrote
    her were abouts evaded me until I found out why
    falling to my knees, it hurt but I blocked it and broke down to cry
    she spent her final years waiting for me
    and never got to see me come over seas
    to become a hero
    to feel like a complete zero.

So it seems I've finished this tail, as I sit here in the sand reading her diary
    living out her final days again through my eyes and found out how much she loved me.

test
  5. S. Issue

S. Issue Who?

Darker than shadow, his estranged hold turned hallow
    in rage, though Jane knows this display burns shallow—
    his lonely voice, heard twice through the bedroom door
    as Jane writhes on the floor…
    Get up you whore!
    Now even cockroaches feel is fist, his stock-broken wrist
    crashing against Janey’s body, shoddily landing hits—
    what living is this? The whole trouble with trailers
    is you can’t derail the skid even if you’re not a failure,
    Now his hands are about her throat, yellow and twisted,
    gnarled like a sinking boat, can’t float when you’ve drifted
    to a place where the see’s disgrace is replaced
    by tumult and a new season’s face. Leave his embrace.
    That’s her resolve talking. Against the wall,
    his fists large hit hard until her blue eyes fall
    to the table, lit by the kitchen, where little Ethan listens.
    Jane remembers the day he was christened—
    first in line to comply with faith, shes not Christian,
    she doesn’t even seek religion. But now she begs God…
    don’t let Ethan see Ozz hit me, please make him go on
    and play with friends, stay out until we make amends.
    Until my face isn’t bruised, used by the hate of men.

Nearly done, Ozz turns her body and breaks the sobbing
    with his dick in her mouth, his hand on her head, bobbing.
    Her face blue and black, relax jaw, let is slide back
    until it cracks your throat, don’t sputter and hack
    cause he’ll attack. Violently he thrusts into her throat,
    holding her face, she nearly chokes, but instead moans,
    nothing like home. That’s what is like when cums,
    finally done, he wipes himself off, leaves her torn in blood.

---------
    I have seen a peaceful expression turn to anger as fast as a whip cracks, and so the look on the face might mean less than what it seems to be.
    Erica Eisdorfer, The Wet Nurse's Tale, 2009
    test
  6. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

War - This verse made me sad, I was listening to Tracy Chapman - Fast Car and that really amplified this piece for me. I really enjoyed the flow of this verse, it allowed the imagery to just flow into my mind smoothly, without things feeling rushed. The rhymes were good but i meanly enjoyed this story. It was just touching and heartfelt. An overall impressive verse. nicely done.

fave line -
    "she grew athritis in her knees and eventually the constant salt rubbing burnt her feet
    her blood pressure soared through the roof everytime part of the returning fleet
    came home to drop its rustic anchor in the shores and the men leaped overboard
    she'd go sprinting into the water, wading in parts to spot her love- an attempt with no reward."

S. Issue - Wow....all i can say is omg at this lol. The Tracey Chapman songs works for this piece as well. I just enjoyed the imagery in this verse. You had just enough imagery to paint a nice picture but not to go overboard with it, so as to depress and ruin the rest of my day lol. I thought the rhymes were very good and enjoyed the flow of this verse. Nicely done here

Fave Line -
    "what living is this? The whole trouble with trailers
    is you can’t derail the skid even if you’re not a failure,
    Now his hands are about her throat, yellow and twisted,
    gnarled like a sinking boat, can’t float when you’ve drifte"

Overall a very good matchup to read. Both writers had a lot positive and didn't really have anything wrong with their verses. To me, this matchup boils down to which style of writing you liked better. War's verse was highly emotional and sad, while S,'s verse was nice yet terrifying. Overall my vote goes to War. His story was just a little bit more entertaining then S's. BOTW material here guys

Vote - War

here is the song i was listening to
    [youtube]bfqEisOIMJc[/youtube]
    test
  7. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

War win 1-0...after deductions

Match ends in a 0-0 tie
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.