NASA discoveries prove accuracy of creation account of genesis

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by TheBigPayback, Apr 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

NASA Discovery Proves The Bible Scientifically Accurate

The Debate

For decades there has been a long standing debate between science and religion as to the validity of the Biblical Genesis account of creation. There have even been different opinions among various groups of creationists. A good part of that debate has centered on the Bible’s description of how the earth formed. The questions vying for clear cut answers have been; why does the Bible appear to suggest that the earth was created in six literal days, when science suggest it was formed over 5.4 billion years, and why does the Bible appear to suggest that the sun, moon, and stars were created after the earth was formed, when science suggest otherwise?

On the surface the Bible appears to be confusing in its statements, and out of step with today's science, but believe it or not, there now appears to be a very simple reason why that is the case. In recent years, much scientific light on the subject of planet formation has come to the fore through recent discoveries made by NASA's Hubble and Spitzer telescopes. On examining closely the scientific details of planet formation, and viewing Genesis in its original Hebrew context, it becomes profoundly clear why the Genesis account appears confusing and inaccurate, when in reality Genesis brief description of planet formation coincides exactly with the findings of these two telescopes.

According to the data scientist gathered in 2004 from the dusty disk surrounding the star system CoKu Tau 4 in the Taurus constellation, planets like the Earth are formed from leftover waste and debris from their central star. Planets in their early stages form inside a proto-planetary disc of dust from a formless and chaotic state in total darkness. This data corresponds exactly to what is stated at Genesis 1 verse 2. "Now the earth proved to be formless and waste."

Before this discovery, no one in the religious or scientific field could clearly interpret or make any logical sense of this Biblical statement; it is profound to say the least that Genesis states that the earth at some stage was in a formless condition just as these discoveries have revealed!

continued NASA Discovery Proves The Bible Scientifically Accurate
    • Hot Thread Hot Thread x 1
    test
  2. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

cool article
    space news rules
    test
  3. Alias3000

Alias3000 Well-Known Member

Bustacuntrag
    test
  4. ChromeDepot

ChromeDepot Member

Such a misleading title.
    test
  5. AliceHouse

AliceHouse The House Always Wins

That's a pretty biased news source. What you've done is you've reached a conclusion and you're looking for evidence to support it. This is not science. Science is looking at the evidence, and drawing conclusions from it.

First off, neither NASA nor physicists are saying there is any legitimate claim to creationism. That's the biased article spreading propaganda. In fact, if you look at the article, the Earth wasn't "formless." It was dust particles in a disc shape. Disc is a form.

Even then... if we look at GEN 1:2 and 1:3 we see a HUGE and GLARING cosmological mistake in the bible. It states that the Earth was created first and THEN light came along.

Light existed long before the Earth did. Sol is hardly in it's first incarnation.

Maybe you should study real actual science, and focus a lot less on your childhood bedtime stories for Hebrews.
    test
  6. TheBigPayback

Maybe you should learn more about what ur assuming to know about

First lets take our glaring mistake.

And take the statement earth before light.

Is this true? Not according to the bible; why? Learn.

1 John 1:5 This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all.

1 tim 3:16In the sight of God, who gives life to everything,

So since God IS light and God gives life, the creation of the sun was as a replacement, light from the sun and such are a substitute for him being physically present.

Now ur deff of formless is also wrong. the hebrew is tohuvabohu
    meaning destitude, void, empty, chaotic, wasteland, confusion.

learn something?
    test
  7. AliceHouse

I learned you're an apologetic and you don't even know what that word means.

Is GOD literally light? Or metaphorically light? Or is light an aspect of GOD?

It wasn't like that though, that's what I'm trying to tell you. The actual reality of how the universe is and functions is in no way corroborative with the creation account of Genesis.

Sugarcube, you really need to open up a science text book. GOD himself asks you to tests things to see if they are true or not. That is the very definition of science.
    test
  8. TheBigPayback

He is both literal and metaphorical light.

there is no light source in heaven aside from HIM, there is no darkness in heaven both literally and metaphorically.

Revelation 21:23 ESV

And the city has no need of sun or moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and its lamp is the Lamb.

he is also light as in goodness that is true. but the literal is not lost in
    the alternative also being true.

John 8:12 ESV / 140 helpful votes

Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”

1 John 1:7 ESV / 94 helpful votes

But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin.

John 1:5 ESV / 74 helpful votes

The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

Matthew 5:14 ESV / 67 helpful votes

“You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden.

Ephesians 5:8 ESV / 63 helpful votes

For at one time you were darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light

Psalm 119:105 ESV / 59 helpful votes

Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.

1 John 1:5 ESV / 58 helpful votes

This is the message we have heard from him and proclaim to you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

Matthew 5:16 ESV / 52 helpful votes

In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.

1 Peter 2:9 ESV / 45 helpful votes

But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.

Psalm 27:1 ESV / 42 helpful votes

Of David. The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

Ephesians 5:14 ESV / 38 helpful votes

For anything that becomes visible is light. Therefore it says, “Awake, O sleeper, and arise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you.”

John 12:35 ESV / 38 helpful votes

So Jesus said to them, “The light is among you for a little while longer. Walk while you have the light, lest darkness overtake you. The one who walks in the darkness does not know where he is going.

Matthew 4:16 ESV / 32 helpful votes

The people dwelling in darkness have seen a great light, and for those dwelling in the region and shadow of death, on them a light has dawned.”

Isaiah 42:16 ESV / 32 helpful votes

And I will lead the blind in a way that they do not know, in paths that they have not known I will guide them. I will turn the darkness before them into light, the rough places into level ground. These are the things I do, and I do not forsake them.

2 Corinthians 4:6 ESV / 31 helpful votes

For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

John 12:36 ESV / 29 helpful votes

While you have the light, believe in the light, that you may become sons of light.” When Jesus had said these things, he departed and hid himself from them.

John 9:5 ESV / 29 helpful votes

As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.”

Luke 11:34 ESV / 29 helpful votes

Your eye is the lamp of your body. When your eye is healthy, your whole body is full of light, but when it is bad, your body is full of darkness.

Isaiah 58:8 ESV / 29 helpful votes

Then shall your light break forth like the dawn, and your healing shall spring up speedily; your righteousness shall go before you; the glory of the Lord shall be your rear guard.

Psalm 119:130 ESV / 28 helpful votes

The unfolding of your words gives light; it imparts understanding to the simple.

Revelation 21:23 ESV / 26 helpful votes

And the city has no need of sun or moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and its lamp is the Lamb.

2 Peter 1:19 ESV / 26 helpful votes

And we have something more sure, the prophetic word, to which you will do well to pay attention as to a lamp shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts,
    test
  9. TheBigPayback

And to quote robert jastrow in regaurds to the comological/genesis account of creation

Just to reiterate that what ur saying is not correct in the mind of science.
    the creation account is very much what science has discovered regaurding the
    Beginings of the universe.
    test
  10. AliceHouse

The logical fallacy of appealing to authority is still a fallacy. It does you no good to endorse the ideas of one self deluded person, when you're ignoring the hundreds of thousands of others who acknowledge the reality.
    test
  11. TheBigPayback

You can talk out the ass all u want. but show me one that says anything contradictory
    to the account of genesis as in the universe came from nothing. ill wait.
    test
  12. AliceHouse

It's not about me not understanding the bible. It's about you not understanding science. I highly doubt there is anything new you can teach me about the bible, but you seem to have a severe lack of scientific knowledge.

Are you familiar with the concept of 'burden of proof?' I'm betting not. The burden of proof is what turns many people away from being creationists. The idea is simple: If you make a claim, it's on you and your responsibility to prove it, not other's job to disprove it.

Unicorns. I claim unicorns exist. Therefore, I have to find evidence to support that unicorns exist. Otherwise I would say, 'Well since you can't disprove unicorns, clearly they must exist!' Which is a common thought process of creationists. That since you can't disprove GOD, clearly he exists. But it doesn't work like that. You make the claim, the burden of proof is on you.

Now though, something can be "disproven" when there is evidence to the contrary. Which is something that happens far too often. For example:

Light travels at a speed of 299,792,458 meters per second, a figure that is exact because the length of the meter is defined from this constant and the international standard for time. In imperial units this speed is approximately 186,282 miles per second. A beam of light that originates from our sun and travels to earth takes anywhere from 7 to 8 minutes to reach out planet, depending on when the measurement is taken. This means that should the sun suddenly vanish, we wouldn’t be any the wiser for that length of time due to the beams of light are still in transition through space. Simple enough and it firmly falls into your realm of “Observational Science” since it can be tested to the same conclusion over and over again.

Now, a Light Year is equal to 5,865,696,000,000 miles, meaning that is how many miles Light can travel in the span of one earth year. Quoting you once again, “…we do see fossils and distant stars…”. What you're actually seeing isn’t the star, but the light that left that star so many years ago. Now, using that knowledge, the farthest known star in the universe is probably in the distant galaxy Abell 1835 IR1916, which lies some 13.2 billion light years from earth. This galaxy is believed to be the most distant galaxy in the universe.

This means that a beam of light traveling at the constant of 186,282 miles per second (testable and provable), would take 13.2 billion years to reach earth. This is just ONE star; there are billions more that would be physically impossible for us to see if the earth was only 6000 years old. Even following the LITEREAL history in Genesis

So the stars were created two days after Earth, yet already the light was situated AT earth. Even assuming that God removed time from the equation to allow the stars to be visible at that time, light would STILL have to travel the length of space between Earth and the Star before it was seen again. Nowhere in Genesis does it explain this “phenomenon”.
    test
  13. AliceHouse

Double post

But I'd like to use it to point out that the Pyramids exist. Their existence is counter evidence to the hypothesis that any "flood" ever occured. The flood myth was taken from Gilgamesh, which is confirmed with the Dead Sea Scrolls that, rather than talking about Noah, talking specifically about Gilgamesh.
    test
  14. antilluminati

antilluminati Well-Known Member

I have as little proof as anyone, but I for one believe in an infinite chain of big bangs through eternity, and also multiple universes beyond our level of sight. Purely because this is the most plausible scenario if the concept of infinity is real. Also, as the spectrum of visibility is limited to humans there must be more dimensions of space than we can percieve, so I believe there is more between heaven and earth than we can see or have been able to write about.
    test
  15. AliceHouse

But there is theoretical evidence to support that. It's called M-Theory, or String Theory. While the math of it blows my mind, I find it conceptually fascinating.
    test
  16. antilluminati

antilluminati Well-Known Member

Yeah, and I'd like to add to that, that I also have belief in the ever-expanding micro/macrocosmos theory, where everything reflects itself outwards and invwards. And also the expanding/contracting universe which creates itself over and over. Like stars, like atoms. Atoms pop in and out of existence, why could this not reflect universes? I dunno, I believe the picture is far more vast than us being the centre of existence, and that all egocentic beliefs that lift us up as the centre of all there is, are something we create as some sort of comfort blanket instead of admitting we will never be able to know everything.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.