Nas IS the greatest rapper of all time.

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by BelowTheHeavens, Jun 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elaquent

Elaquent Gill Breathing

SMH...again..

well, i dont know what to tell you then. im very picky about production, and eminem show was very lackluster. lol. cleaning out my closet does NOT compare to NY state of mind. classic Pete Rock, Primo and Large Professor beats shit on those soft ass eminem show songs like Without Me.

lol @ "fastest selling rapper of all time"

im glad he found success because he really is a great rapper, but he capitalized off of shock value, and at the time, there was no "definitive white rapper" in hip hop to take that throne. white kids cant identify with kool g rap or biggie. but white kids could identify with eminem. if eminem was black, he never woulda been put on. the fact ppl were protesting against him and that parents got so butthurt about his horrorcore shit is what got him famous...NOT the shit hes doing now, regardless of how good it is.
    test
  2. BullShit

BullShit New Member

im not white faggot so u stfu cuz u aint got a point... u just hear all these great mcs putting illmatic on a pedestol and u roll with it so fuck up. and that other dude whose talking about production of eminem show and im like WTF?

did you listen to... sing for the moment, superman, dripps, till i collapse, cleaning out the closet... production wise >>> illmatic... i can listen and judge music while some of yall just hop on bandwagons.

plus i love illmatic and i heard that shit thousand times but it aint better than eminem show... not better in content, "passion", production, lyricsm, flow and delivery. listen to the whole album before talking shit ignorant faggot
    test
  3. Kurrection

Kurrection AKA Tooz Da Gawd

Wait a minute since when is Nas underground?
    test
  4. reznick

reznick New Member

eminem > Nas

Illmatic > any eminem album
    test
  5. Jesus Da Gawd

Jesus Da Gawd New Member

[youtube]VC4ORS5n9Hg[/youtube]

Listen to that and tell me Eminem can flow better than Nas.
    test
  6. Elaquent

Elaquent Gill Breathing

im not saying that if you didnt grow up on golden era hip hop, that you cant enjoy it..

im saying that if you didnt grow up on golden era hip hop, it will be tougher to comprehend why ppl like me like it....even tho its "primitive" by today's standards, where everybody raps a certain way.

its the same reason why i hate a lot of 80s music.
    test
  7. Elaquent

Elaquent Gill Breathing

ok, clearly we're going in circles now. im not going to break down all the technical reasons why i dont like eminem's beats, i havent liked any of his beats since marshall mathers lp. but as a beatmaker and as a general fan, only like 3 songs on that album did anything for me.

at the end of the day, ppl will ALWAYS remember Illmatic as a classic and an easy top 5 contender for greatest hip hop album of all time......and eminem show will not.
    test
  8. BullShit

BullShit New Member

test
  9. deathnote

deathnote New Member

no he had a great producer who was a big name...so having this under his belt he was able to show his skill and ppl loved it.....yes he used his "News Reports" to his advantage.....but didnt nas also parade around wearing a shirt that says "NIGGER"....ppl do that jus to get media attention...once he has that he is able to promote his album.... so shut up...its all opinion's
    test
  10. Elapz

Elapz New Member

[​IMG]

I have neither the inclination nor the passion to diss you. If you want my opinion on what I think about you, refer back to my first post in this thread. Your a stan, admit it. You are too incredibly fascinated with Eminem to truly understand that Illmatic>>any Em album. And stop lying claming that you love "Illmatic". You've been shitting on Nas as soon as you entered this thread. Your a stan, admit it.
    test
  11. Elapz

Elapz New Member

Did you honestly just try to outmatch a classic Primo production with Nas with that shit. NIGGA, are you SERIOUS???!!??
    test
  12. Kurrection

Kurrection AKA Tooz Da Gawd

Im white and got into hip hop in 1999 (Year Eminem released SSLP, coincidence?)

80% of the hip hop I listen to now is from the 90's and I didnt grow up in that era, Good music is timeless.

And for the record although Nas is my favorite rapper, Illmatic isnt my #1 album either.
    test
  13. solon L

solon L that boy

^ awful example of eminem's flow (unless "flow" was being used as a generic term for rap/verse/song)
    test
  14. BullShit

BullShit New Member

i was talking about eminem's flow, u dumbass. not the production...wow u as ignorant as it gets
    test
  15. Holiday Styles

Holiday Styles Let's Go Flyers

Rakim > nas
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  16. Jesus Da Gawd

Jesus Da Gawd New Member

test
  17. Elaquent

Elaquent Gill Breathing

Dr Dre cosigned him...that had a lot to do with it, but it was the shock factor lyrics that got politicians butthurt that got ppl talking and his name buzzing. the fact hes skilled was a bonus, but dude was like the rap version of stone cold steve austin. white kids love that anti-authority badass figurehead. lol.

nowhere did i say he didnt deserve the attention he got. he did. but lets not act like he got big on the strength of his music alone. his image was popular with kids, which is why pretty much 1 in every 3 white kids you saw who were under 20 around 99 had blonde hair.

as for nas....well, yeah i dont disagree with you, the Nigger album title was gimmicky, i saw right thru that shit....but thats not where he got his fame from. he got his fame from creating what is widely regarded as the greatest hip hop album of all time...on his debut record. it wasnt controversial, it was just plain good music. thats the difference.
    test
  18. Jesus Da Gawd

Jesus Da Gawd New Member

There's nothing wrong with that, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

In the grand scheme of things though, personal preference aside Illmatic is a classic and considered one of the greatest if not the greatest hiphop album ever.
    test
  19. Elapz

Elapz New Member

damn, your even more retarded that I thought. I was not comparing the tracks from a production based standpoint stan boy. I was simply pointing out the significance of the track by highlighting Primo as the producer. Funny to see how sensitive you are :funny:
    test
  20. Jesus Da Gawd

Jesus Da Gawd New Member

This guy knows what he's talking about.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.