"Nas - I Am" = most underrated album in the history of rap

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by kingjafaar, Apr 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kingjafaar

kingjafaar New Member

It pisses me off when stupid fags say this album was wack. Tell me ONE thing that was wack about this album. Every single track on here is bumpable, EVERYSINGLE TRACK (apart from Big Things lol). This track has so many classics it ain't even funny. Nas Is Like for one. This track alone is what rap should be. Amazing Primo beat, gully video, top notch rhyming. You got NY State of Mind 2 which is off the hook too.

Not to mention 'I Want to Talk to you', fucking brilliant. This album is a damn classic and anyone who thinks otherwise should eat a 50 cal. slug.
    test
  2. yo momma

yo momma New Member

Undying love, ghetto prisioners.

I'm with the arabian sensation on this one.

this is nas' 2nd best album.
    test
  3. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

I like Big Things, the way he flowed and the rhyme scheme was dope, and the way bass circles around reminded me of one of those RZA beats he makes with the cyclone (ie: Stroke of Death)...

Hate Me Now is the only track I can't listen to... You Won't See Me Tonight and shit like that is listenable at least.

Album is underrated though if you ask me... it's like 4/5 for me. Undying Love, Nas Is Like, Favor for a Favor, Small World, NY State of Mind II - those tracks are crazy, and alot of the other ones are nice. I used to hate on the Biggie and Pac dedication, but listening to it now it comes off really endearing and I like it.

I can see how someone would say it's not his best, but completely wack is just wrong.
    test
  4. yo momma

yo momma New Member

I dont see how people can put godson above this. Stillmatic too.
    test
  5. kingjafaar

kingjafaar New Member

omg momma how did i forget undying love.

ghetto prisoners is SICK as shit too HDFGHFDYGDFSHGDSFDS
    test
  6. kingjafaar

kingjafaar New Member

word Hate Me Now got really played out, still listenable on occasion though. Big Things is cool, I just never really give it the time of day.

And yup, all the tracks you quoted are murderous. undying Love is one of the most vivid tracks I ever heard.
    test
  7. absolute zero

absolute zero Among the living

word. This album wasn't bad at all. Favor for a favor was ill, undying love.......good lord. And nas is like is a slept on track too. Only song I have that much of a problem with is life is what you make it, wit dmx. I just don't think their respective styles really mix together. Nas is all smooth n shit, and x just pops up like "UHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!"

first time i heard that track, x scared the shit out of me. I wasn't expectin that.
    test
  8. Create1o1

Create1o1 First Breed

test
  9. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

The most underrated album in the history of rap is "Critical Beatdown" by Ultramagnetic MCs.
    test
  10. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

I Am sucks.
    Now let me explain. It's just like Hard Knock Life. They both sold alot of records, and they sounded good back in the day. I used to love that album, but now I can't even listen to it. Same for Hard Knock Life. I'm just not trying to hear that shit.
    Although I Am has my favorite Nas song, "We Will Survive", and Undying Love is dope, the rest of the shit is blaaaaaaaah. If Nas put out a record like that today aka disk 2 of Streets Disciple, nobody would wanna hear it.
    test
  11. Switch C

Switch C Rap Legend

I felt every single song on this album is at least bumpable. "Hate Me Now" isn't really played out for me, cause I didn't really listen to rap that much during the time this was released. I love the song. Life is WHat You make it was ill to me, Favor for a Favor, Nas is Like is one of my favorite songs ever, from any artist. I could listen to that millions of times on end.
    test
  12. Max Ayodele

Max Ayodele Godfather

damn n.igga you sound like you just hearing the album for the first time

yea that joint is crack
    test
  13. THEDONN- closed

THEDONN- closed pac and biggie rule 4eva

album is da fuckin shit, bought it when it came out, still be bumpin that shit till this day...nas=dat ngga
    test
  14. AWAK

AWAK Guest

Theres a few songs on there i like, thats about it, most of the beats on that joint are horrible
    test
  15. Tupac-Nas

Tupac-Nas Illmatic

average, dr knockabout, kissing, Money is my bitch, big things
    test
  16. Mel Man

Mel Man Wat ya'll bout to witness

It is a dope album and I'm surprised it doesn't get mentioned with the Illmatic's, IWW's, and Stillmatic's..that's how deep Nas's catalogue is.

Nas is Like is seriously one of my favorite Premo beats along with NY State Of Mind Part II, brilliant..a couple tracks from The Lost Tapes were supposed to be on I Am, but bootleggers changed that.

I still bump it.
    test
  17. G-Rob da great

G-Rob da great Fear moondog.

I love and still listen to every song on the album except Dr. Knockboot.

Funny thing is... it took me awhile to realize how good undying love really is- because I wasn't feelin it at first. Now I can put it on repeat for two hours.

Sat on the floor near my dead girl, put her in my arms
    Pulled her ring out my pocket I was savin
    Put it on her ring finger cocked the glock, and started prayin
    to Muhammad and Allah, the most beneficial
    through you, all things are possible, I know you're listenin
    I never meant for this to happen, I never dreamed
    this'd be my fate, such a grotesque, murder scene
    On that note, same time, the cops busted in
    Kissed my lady, her blood on my lips, I said Amen
    Put the nine to my head, pulled the hammer, held her close
    Squeeze the toast, said to her, Now unto God, we elope

That's some powerful shit.
    test
  18. jaykay

jaykay New Member

I thought it was average at best..the two Premo tracks were the only good tracks on there.
    test
  19. kingjafaar

kingjafaar New Member

WTF @ the beats were horrible. I suggest you go and listen to some 50 cent if those beats don't appeal to you. lol @ max, nah, i been bumping this since 99, just put it on today for the firsat time in a while and I still get goosebumps for 'i wanna talk to you'
    test
  20. kingjafaar

kingjafaar New Member

word.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.