Naruto spoilers and discussions.

Discussion in 'The Library' started by MockingDrug, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Caesar

Caesar Natural Aristocracy

I'm hoping my boy Orochimaru throws a curveball and somehow finally delivers on possessing Sasuke's body.
    test
  2. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

I don't think that will happen now
    test
  3. Dex Luis

Dex Luis Dextilla The Hunk

It's unlikely that Orochimaru is acting without ulterior motives.

Sasuke is still of strategic importance to him.
    test
  4. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

True but i worry that Kishi is going to make him go soft. I don't expect anything to happen until after they defeat Obito, unless Sasuke continues to get angry at how much Naruto is leaving him in the dust
    test
  5. Matches T. Malone

Matches T. Malone Registered Playboy

as out of character as it may have been. orochi actually sounded genuine. i sensed no ill intentions from him. kind of weirded me out.

but the fact does remain, he needs a new younger body. though, sasuke may be out of his reach now. as far as the story is concerned...him taking over sasuke's body(effectively killing him). sounds boring to me. really no where else to go from there but to end it with naruto killing orochi and avenging sask. don't really care for that plot line.
    test
  6. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

He'll likely find someone else. Perhaps Juego or someone unimportant. I'm curious on where this will go now. Sasuke is about to get involved tho....finally
    test
  7. Matches T. Malone

Am I the only one that doesn't really care at all about sasuke? I think his character was mostly ruined for me. I could accept his obsession with revenge and falling to that level for power, but once he achieved that and it turned out the way it did, i was pretty much done with him...i don't even see him as Naruto's rival anymore.

Meanwhile, what a fucking waste Neiji was...actually the whole Byakugan eye technique and Hyuga clan. For the longest time, I kept waiting for that part of the story to be expanded on, and that was just left to whither away for a barely adequate death.
    test
  8. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

I was surprised the Byakugan was tossed away like it was. Naruto is leaps and bounds more superior than Sasuke which is why i believe he'll get a major power up
    test
  9. Matches T. Malone

I had completely forgotten about him during the current fight in both the anime and manga up until he joined itachi for the kabuto fight. the scene with his footsteps foreshadowing his return did nothing for me...actually, didn't even think it was suppose to resonate with the audience until i saw a few comments about it in the latest episode, sasuke fanboy nerds getting all hyped about that part like his appearance was supposed to be something to look forward to. i feel no sympathy/empathy for him and he's no itachi...not sure what could be done to redeem this character, but the way he is being written in the manga right now is not it. maybe he should have just been kept a villain, further delving into darkness and intent on destroying konoha for a final showdown with naruto. i am looking forward to how the village reacts to his return after the war, whether they accept and reject him and how he's written from there on. i better be surprised.
    test
  10. Dex Luis

Dex Luis Dextilla The Hunk

I was saying this. Rock Lee or some other lovable scrub would have been a better sacrificial lamb. I was pissed.

I wanted Kishi to at least explain how the Uchiha and Hyuga tribes relate. Is the Sharingan a mutation of the Byakugan? etc. I figured the Byakugan would be shown to have a next level akin to Mangekyou Sharingan which Neji would unlock. Shame.

As for Sasuke? Eh. He's just sort of lost in a sea of more significant antagonists right now. He can still be saved if Kishi plays this right. I think Orochimaru's role is crucial.

The arc in general is getting sloppy. I've been enjoying Bleach a lot more.
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
    test
  11. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

I think Neji became so insignificant after the time skip that i just figured it was because Kishi deemed them too unpopular to really put any detail into. Perhaps he uses Hinata to explore this. She does come from a 'royal' family so perhaps they use her to explore it. It would help redeem the heroin image around because Sakura is Tsuenda 2.0 and i think they could use a power woman with strong visual powers.

The problem with bleach is that its low moments are just terrible.
    test
  12. Matches T. Malone

That throwaway death wasn't good enough even for Rock Lee. maybe for that chick with the weapon scroll or whatshisface with the wolfdog, even then it would seem forced. There was actually no need to have killed off anyone of any name and stature. Neiji, though...so much that could have been done with him over there years. Easily could have been a top 3 character(of the same class/age) after Naruto and Sasuke. Always wanted to see more of a conflict between the Hyuga and Uchiha...and with Neiji and Sasuke both being 'geniuses'. fuck.
    And I think the Byakugan is (supposed to be) a mutation of the Sharingan...a lesser eye technique given it doesn't have the ability for genjutsu, or another deviation of the Rinnegan.

I stopped watching/reading after Aizen was defeated and imprisoned(wtf was up with that shit btw)...whats the next major arc? Unlike NS and OP, I'm more than willing to skip fillers for this series.
    test
  13. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

They are on the final arc on Bleach and everything seems forced...Couple of deaths on the good side tho which is good

I'm curious about what Sasuke is going to do now and I'm wondering if people saw what we saw during Naruto's flashback
    test
  14. Matches T. Malone

Everything about Naruto/Sasuke standing 'side by side' now is pretty shit, as well as the dialogue. forcing the comparison between them and Hashirama/Madara.

Yeah, everyone saw and felt his flashbacks.
    test
  15. Caesar

Caesar Natural Aristocracy

It's become a clusterfuck of Fake Karakura Town proportions. Worse, actually.

I think everything would have been better off with the masked man being the true Madara. The story would not have suffered at all. Revealing him as Obito and resurrecting Madara has made everything needlessly convoluted. Too many bad guys - Sasuke marginalized and turned into an ill-fitting piece in the puzzle as a result.

That said, I think the last chapter confirmed that Sasuke and Naruto will still battle at some point. Sasuke still having the curse seal and being able to use it in conjunction with Susanoo was a way to close the power gap between he and Naruto.
    test
  16. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

It won't be enough of a power up. Sasuke will need a bit more. I'm curious on Madara's plan tho. He still seem to think he has an ace in the hole
    test
  17. Dex Uchiha

Dex Uchiha Deified.

Ah yes.

This is where Sasuke's power up comes.
    test
  18. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

Rinnegan..here we come!
    test