name what u consider 6 essential supplements besides protein...

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Dahnamics, Sep 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LiveFromThe781

LiveFromThe781 Don Of The Den

you know what i think i may actually check out a gym, ive never even been to one, you know. as long as they have a good supply of freeweights and not so much of a "club" (disco) atmosphere i think ill like it. besides its gonna cost me more to buy 500 pounds of weights than it will to get a gym membership. and im not going to allow myself to hit on any girls until after im done...they better have a fuckin chin-up bar.
    test
  2. XxLiLBuRnAxX

XxLiLBuRnAxX Prolly smarter than you

I think youll enjoy going to the gym. Our atmosphere with our goofing off and all that is at our college campus gym, but the other gym i goto when schools not in session is a normal gym and its a more serious atmosphere. So I think youll enjoy it, plus youll notice that many of the guys are very willing to help and answer any questions you may have.

yea the lack of a pull up bar was one of the only things that i didnt like about the off campus gym. They had some weird pull up thing and a really short pull up bar that even my short ass had trouble using...oh and they didnt have a military press thing either so I had to do em standing up which sucked...and no leg press...but the girl behind the counter was cute with a fat ass booty and she liked me so that kinda made up for it....Oh yeah you aint gonna hit on the girls while you lift.. haha damn that....I walked right by her to the water fountain after ever set of everything I did. "hehehe thirsty again?" yup sure am.
    test
  3. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

you've never been to a gym? ever? how come you listed all those reasons that you wouldnt even know are true unless you went? like people on their phones, annoying people, cant focus. damn you NEED to get to a gym haha
    test
  4. LiveFromThe781

the reasons i listed not going to the gym were

1) money
    2) hassle of getting there
    3) i felt i had sufficient equipment at home

youre right though i shouldnt have said the other things since i havent trained there enough to make those assertions, however just because i havent TRAINED at a gym doesnt mean i havent ever BEEN to a gym, ive had 2 job interviews at 2 different gyms, and about a year ago i was gym shopping for a place to train saw a couple more gyms, and in all the gyms i went to ive seen everything that made me say what i said.

the main reason im thinking about a gym is that it dawned on me that i dont have nearly enough weight at home for deadlifts, and it would cost me a lot to get that much weight, so in the meantime i might aswell check out a gym and at least see what theyre all about, if i dont like it, ill come up with something, if i do like it, ill obviously stick with it.
    test
  5. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

Interesting note:

I was reading an old issue of Muscle And Fitness on the john and stumbled on something peculiar. You would never guess who developed the supplement ZMA.

None other than Victor Conte, who's behind bars for the whole Barry Bonds thing.

Ain't that wild?
    test
  6. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

No, it's that most of these people are treating the gym like it's a nightclub sans the music and dancing. That's my problem man. I come to work. But if these people's bullshit is holding me up, which it usually does- yeah, I get pissed.

It's like going to work and everybody is running around playing tag while you're busting your ass. If you're not there to lift, go somewhere else.
    test
  7. LiveFromThe781

^word@ that post.

whats this shit about youre not supposed to grunt at the gym? man idk wtf is up with people, id rather go to a gym and hear nothing but agonizing battle crys and plates clinking and clanking than hear that fucking techno-industrial bullshit pounding. i dont even use music at home, i used to but it was a pain in the ass trying to play dj while i lifted, plus songs would skip etc, i like it more without it now anyway -all i need to get me pumped is testosterone.
    test
  8. Ben Official

most gyms dont play music.
    test
  9. LiveFromThe781

^almost every franchise gym does.
    test
  10. Ben Official

how do you know this? you said you've never worked out in a gym in your life
    test
  11. LiveFromThe781

^well if you had read my previous post, or at least read it thoroughly, youd see i wrote that while i didnt actually train at any gyms i did check out a few about a year ago (little less) while i was looking for a gym to train at, and i also had job interviews at 2 other gyms. its not like ive never set foot in one before or something.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.