name what u consider 6 essential supplements besides protein...

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Dahnamics, Sep 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

the stuff i listed, everybody SHOULD know about but many don't...

and even if they do, they dont follow it close enough, that is just the start, the first thing one needs to look at when assessing their current lifestyle. of course thats not IT, lol. once there it depends on your current goals, im not going to preach to the choir, you asked me and i told you.

you may be aware of those diet suggestions, and a lot of other people may be, but not enough people follow it before they choose to supplement their diet.

i dont really have anything against creatine, i never said i did. its not for me, its not for my goals and i dont need to go into details...

damn, you work out at home too?

crazy...
    test
  2. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

I've got 350 lbs of weights, an olympic bench with squat capability, dumbbells up to 70 lbs, 12 + 15 lb medicine balls, pull up bar, dip tower, E-Z curl, punching bag, weight vest that can hold 50 lbs, ab roller, wrist roller, and a variety of some other shit as well.
    test
  3. LiveFromThe781

LiveFromThe781 Don Of The Den

i got a bent ass barbell that rolls in my hands when i do deadlifts, i got adjustable dumbells, and i got a flat bench that sucks

i also have a chinup bar which ive yet to assemble, shame on me.

kettleballs, medicine balls? bah i have plates that i can wrap in a shirt.

squats? clean+jerk front lifts of w/e, or those other squats i keep talkin about

ab wheel schmab wheel, i have a barbell, nuff said.

i can do weighted dips with a small table and a backpack full of weights.

i am not limited by equipment, only imagination. -and i think i said that somewhere before.

however for my up and coming birthday i am hoping to be getting the gift of this (also mentioned in another post)

[​IMG]

or

[​IMG]

idk, i have to go to the store and see them for myself
    test
  4. Ben Official

you dont think you would benefit more buy asking for a gym membership instead? a lot of gyms are pretty cheap, and i think "blah i dont wanna be a round a lot of big sweaty guys grunting and talking on their phone" is a lame excuse, your never going to get access to the kind of equipment you can in the gym, plus there are girls, plus theres a certain mental component that goes with it as well that is quite motivating.

if your going to work out at home, more power to you, i just prefer the latter. if you can get big and ripped from your house i commend you for it, because i think it takes more determination and motivation to do it when you are at your house, so if its working thats great. personally i could never do it.
    test
  5. XxLiLBuRnAxX

XxLiLBuRnAxX Prolly smarter than you

I can say from experience that working out in the gym > working out at home with one of those benches pictured above. At least for me anyway. I guess in the gym you have people pushing you so you work harder....iono. I saw much better gains in appearance and in strength working out in the gym opposed to at home. Plus I have a great time at the gym...joking around with friends, talkin shit, etc.
    test
  6. LiveFromThe781

the biggest reason im not going to a gym is A) i feel itd be too much of a hassle to go there B) its too pricy C) i can do everything at home without Chuck the personal trainer sending me to some all-in-one machine.

and besides, half the people, nvm 90% of the people who go to gyms dont even squat, bench press, or deadlift -the 3 main exercises, so if i can do 3 exercsises that are better than most peoples entire routines why the fuck should i go to a gym to watch people who suck?

on the bright side, maybe id get lucky and find someone whod correct my on my form or something, but chances are theres is worse than mine, and id get frustrated standing there seeing it.

sure i could go to a gym and laugh it up and hit on girls but theres a time and a place for everything.
    test
  7. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

I think these are some of the behaviors that make Live want to work out at home and Steve want to find a hardcore gym.

I'd rather also workout at home because of that shit.

The gym is about business and work. People seem to have it confused with the mall or something. Like it's some place to convene.
    test
  8. Ben Official

i dont know, i used those same excuses when i used to work out at home but eventually i said fuck it and worked out at the gym and saw better gains, more fun, and more motivation just like lil burna said.

despite what you think not all gyms are filled with guys grunting loudly, "all in one machines", and lack of people benching, squating, and deadlifting. benching is definitely the most common exercise and is the most common exercise people are doing in the 4 gyms i have belonged to.

sure every once in awhile theres some fag grunting or talking on his phone, but would that seriously bother you enough to stay at home? i mean the benefits of a gym are unmatchable at home. the equipment variety and people around to spot are also uncomparable.

in fact, the majority of people at the gym are very nice, willing to provide a spot, mind their own business unless you ask for something, let you work in if its busy, and willing to help out with whatever you want.

the dicks that are loud and annoying are pretty seldom found in a gym, or around when your working whatever weights you are.

the "its too much of a hassle" and "its too pricey" are funny excuses because those are actually the number 1 and 2 excuses people cop out from going to the gym according to my old textbook from one of my first classes. the price is well worth it and i cant imagine you live far enough for it to be that much of a hassle, unless you live in the middle of nowhere.

i could never, ever workout as hard as i do at the gym at home, its just not possible for me.

and a large part of the exercises i do people dont do too much in the gym. but deadlifts are semi common, and squats and benches are 2 of the most common exercises people do at the gym, so you wouldnt be alone. besides, like i said when people see me hang clean and pressing, cable woodchopper, reverse push ups on the squat rack, or a variety of other exercises that people dont usually see, its not awkward, and if anything they know im not some fag whose just doing what everyone else is and that i have a strict training routine and i know what im doing.

after all that said, i only said it to continue the debate and my opinions. i dont think your weak or a pussy or lazy for working out at your house instead of going to the gym. if you find it better, more power to you. its just sounding to me from your replies that maybe you havent been to too many gyms in your life or had one bad gym experience or something and are making up excuses not to go back. but do whatever floats your boat, no disrespect.
    test
  9. LiveFromThe781

ive never trained at a gym. and distance is a problem, in order to get to the only gym i could afford i would have to get on the train which is going to add up anyway, plus its more time consuming. im only working weekends right now so if i want to be able to support my massive eating+supplements sorry i cant really do that. im sure if i went to the gym i would get nice benefits too, but i think im doing fine from home especially if im able to use most of the same exercises. also theres apparent evidence that whatever im doing must be working based on the "g-flux" of my eating. ( i like using that word cause i just learned it) right now im eating the same as a professional powerlifter or strong man and im about 1/2-1/3 the weight.

also. look at people in jail, they certainly dont have the best or most high tech equipment in the world but they make use of what theyve got and they get fuckin huge doing it.
    test
  10. XxLiLBuRnAxX

It IS some place to convene. As long as your doing your workout properly with rest times and what not you can always congegate and talk and joke around etc. Can you imagine how boring and anal it would seem for everyone to be in there keeping to themselves doing their own workout not making a sound.

Have FUN and you wont dread going to the gym, this isn't the military training regiment, this is normal life where people laugh and have good times. If you can't enjoy yourself with friends while you workout then you have no coordination which means you shouldn't even be working out in the first place.

Me personally I hate working out without my friends around. Then it does feel like "business and work" which = no fun and boring. I goto work and goto school, my life revolves around business and work, no point in having my HOBBY feel the same as my regular life. That defeats the purpose of having a hobby altogether.
    test
  11. LiveFromThe781

^ i know what youre saying, i used to work out with all my friends too but one by one people stopped going and eventually it fell through all together, i tried hosting it at my house but people werent consistent, and once again i was the only one who stuck through with it. so ive sort of grown accustomed to working out by myself, but its fine, especially cuz i work out in just my boxers anyway, and its all business when im up there too. if someone who was serious came around and wanted to lift with me id be glad to take them under my wing, but even so, i would keep joking to a minimum because some people dont know when to stop and its very hard to focus on a heavy or intense set if someone is cracking jokes behind you.
    test
  12. XxLiLBuRnAxX

Thats true, see people get it twisted sometimes. We aren't cracking jokes WHILE we are lifting, we do it before, after, and during break times. Now OCCASIONALLY we will make fun of each other like while we work out (purposefully walk away when we supposed to be spotting and wait for em to yell, etc) but thats usually minimal. Its all about having a good time for me. If Im bored I hate working out. Like today for instance I missed my normal workout time at the school gym cuz I had to run a few errands this morning, so now all my friends are gone. So in a minute Imma have to go up here and pretty much workout by myself in the middle of the afternoon.....Im not looking forward to it and I keep trying to justify to myself why I can skip today...but I know I shouldnt...
    test
  13. LiveFromThe781

see i would get pissed off at that type of behavior, when i first started it was fine but i consider myself far too serious-not in terms of demeanor but in terms of dedication- to be fooling around and playing jokes during my training. afterwards i dont care, i love to have a good time, i love making people laugh and laugh myself, but i understand that the gym is not a place for joking, its a place for busting your ass and getting shit done.

im telling you this, and i know that you already know it too, do your workout and youll be so much happier that you did once you just get started, then once youre done youll see it was worth it.

you also cant start making a habit out of relying on other people to accomplish your own goals, this is about you, youre the only person you need to do it.

this may be some motivation to you also, i read in some article something about the toll of all the hours of errands and work etc etc, but youll never regret a workout...idk it sounded better when they wrote it but its good motivation and very true, no matter what happens in life you wont ever regret hitting the gym for that hour.
    test
  14. XxLiLBuRnAxX

Ah you guys are way too serious. If you were at our gym at school we'd fuck with you until you left. Although I doubt you are, we'd view you as an asshole, and we'd really not welcome you around. Having a great time while working out doesn't make you any less serious about your training. Kinda like at my job, we dick around and have a great time WHILE busting our asses cooking in that hot ass kitchen. The ppl who tell are us stop acting up are the ones we tell to go fuck themselves, and they NEVER last more than 2 weeks. Being serious will get you harassed by the goofy ppl (everyone else) until you get mad enough to quit or leave.
    Same with the gym. We talk shit, make fun of the guys in the group who are small. Hell Im the shortest guy in the gym most of the time and I catch hell for it. I counter by telling them Im shorter but bigger than them, back and forth, having fun. Striking stupid WWF wrestler poses in the mirror with friends. Dancing and singing the stupid white girl songs when they come on the radio. Telling the super swole guys to wear a bra cuz they got bigger titties than the girls running on the treadmill over there....telling ppl that the water main busted and the water fountain is contaminated after they take a drink, etc.
    We arent competative bodybuilders, we aren't competition weightlifters, we are guys who lift weights as a hobby, dot period. If we were on a football team then sure all work no play, training is training. If we were training for a weightlifting meet then sure, game face on, no laughing, this is serious.

From yalls bio's and whatnot every single one of the ppl in the gym we workout with are bigger than yall. Dedication and hardwork and FUN can go hand in hand. We are living proof. I wouldn't change a thing. And Id glady welcome anyone to come to our weightlifting sessions. When you crawl out the door and go "damn that was actually fun, but I can barely move". Then youll see.

We are all just different, I can't take things that seriously, its super boring and makes me not even wanna do it. I don't ever want to go "damn its monday i gotta goto the gym" I wanna go "hell yeah its monday I get to goto the gym".
    test
  15. LiveFromThe781

just because its serious doesnt mean its boring its actually quite the contrary. i fail to see how you can be "bored" while your body is pumping massive amounts of testosterone and adrenaline. id much rather be pumped and smashing weights then crack jokes afterwards than crack jokes while i lift, get a shity workout and afterwards wish i didnt fuck around so i couldve got a thorough workout. everything i seek to benefit from i put all my effort into, i work hard and i play hard, but i draw the line and know when the apporpriate time for each is.

im not a pro bodybuilder, pro powerlifter, or pro athlete either, but that doesnt mean i cant train like one.
    test
  16. XxLiLBuRnAxX

Aye we all different homeboy. Im opposite of you. I cant be THAT serious while working out, it does indeed get boring for me and I wanna stop. But if it doesnt get boring for you then more power to you. I encourange EVERYONE to find the best way to work out for THEM. I crack jokes and goof off while I workout and it works for me. You are serious about your workout, no playing staying focused and it works for you. Were all different dawg, I hope the best for you and hopefully you feel the same way bout me.
    test
  17. LiveFromThe781

yes i hope everyone trains hard and achieves their goals, however, if you would get bored from training by yourself, you may want to double check your workout routine bro.
    test
  18. Dahnamics

Dahnamics Bitch, Don't Kill My Vibe

son it's maaadd hoes at the gym... fuck are u doing workin out at home??
    test
  19. Purple Haze

Purple Haze pop warner hof

lmao.
    test
  20. LiveFromThe781

gettin swole
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.