name what u consider 6 essential supplements besides protein...

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Dahnamics, Sep 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LiveFromThe781

LiveFromThe781 Don Of The Den

yea youre supplement spending is cheaper but do you even buy fish oil, flax seed oil, or calcium/ zma?

and i dont understand what it is with people in these forums not reading things so i'll say it again: I CANT EAT CARBS DURING THE WEEK.

and what is all this about getting out what i put in? i dont take supplements in hopes that theyll create some shortcut to get out of hard work.

i take the protein PWO for fairly obvious reasons

BCAA's are very good to take before bed, do some reading.

fish oil and flax oil are a core piece of my diet because it is very high in fat.

as i stated earlier, i can not consume carbs during the week (well not too many) so i take a Calc-ZMA supp, plus im hearing it has a lot of other benefiets anyway.

if you arent taking a Multi-Vit you arent serious about your health.
    test
  2. XxLiLBuRnAxX

XxLiLBuRnAxX Prolly smarter than you

I wonder if ppl realize that everybody has a different body comp? Supplements work better on some than they do on others.
    Hell my workout partner is lb for lb stronger than every single one of you that I've seen post on here (hes 5'5 165lbs and benches 380lbs) and hes more cut and built than any of you that ive seen post pics up here.......

And he doesnt have a diet plan, no supplements...no counting calories...he eats junk food most of the time. Hell yesterday he came over and ate half my bday cake for dinner.

He's one of those rare people who gets huge and strong and cut and eats pop tarts and snicker bars for lunch.

For me personally I haven't ever seen the effects of creatine. Its supposed to put on water weight but I havent gained a single pound from it. I take it for the energy purpose. Yet I know dozens of ppl who gained 20lbs using creatine.

So ppl just need to be easy. Not everyone is the same. Steve would prolly give up air before he'd give up his 10 supplements a day or whatever and Ben and Gorilla Nasty would prolly give up lifting weights if they had to take 10 supplements a day. Let ppl do what they do, if its working then leave them be. 95% of the arguments on this forum are over the same supplement thing.
    test
  3. LiveFromThe781

youre absolutely right about some people just being freaks of nature, some people are just born to lift and get big, its in their genetics, others have a harder time doing it.

as far as supplemention, i just think if youre going to take something, know what it is and how to use it. ive never taking anything i didnt feel was going to be ineffective and i never take those bullshit concoctions. with the diet aspect, i made the decision before i picked a diet that i just wanted to eat better, i was like your friend id just eat whatever i wanted whenever i wanted, it was very sloppy compared to today. so anyway, after i made the decision to really clean up my diet i found a diet plan that i thought looked good so i wanted to try it out. this diet has its ups and downs, and its cool because you can really play around with it a lot, every week im doing something different, either eating less calories, or choosing different foods, you really get to experiment a lot which can be good or bad depending on what you do lol.

as far as creatine goes, when i decide to bulk, i may take it, i may not, so far ive never touched the stuff and i think most the people who take it probaly take way too much which is why they put on so much water weight. from what ive read 3-5 grams is all you need, shit if you take a GNC MRP theres already that much built in.
    test
  4. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

I wholeheartedly disagree with you. It's got a good mixture of carbs and protein(skim) for PWO, and for an ectomorph a great mix of fats, protein, and carbs(whole, 1%, 2%).

A lack of fiber doesn't render a food worthless.
    test
  5. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

It does if it has tons of sugar.

PWO, everybody has different body types, but were talking basics. Your buddy might be jacked and shredded, but he'll be more jacked and shredded. Imagine if your buddy ate clean? He'd have almost limitless potential.
    test
  6. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

Fast acting sugars are great PWO. Large insulin response is quite anabolic
    test
  7. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

yeah milk is great for you. all i drink is milk and room temperature water.
    test
  8. Mighty GK

Mighty GK omg 2012

why room temp????????^^^^^^

I've heard that before but never know the reasoning behind it.
    test
  9. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

I probably drink about 3/4 a gallon of milk a day... sometimes more. Probably overkill and not the best idea, but I'm hooked on the shit like crack.
    test
  10. LiveFromThe781

dude why so much milk?

and Ben why room temp water? if you drink it cold you get more of a thermogenic effect thus burn more fat

all i drink i water+coffee, gotta have the shit to wake me up in the morn plus its supposed to be great for workout focus, so i have a cup pre-workout and am brewing some now.
    test
  11. Ben Official

room temp water is better because it doesnt shock the system. cold water shocks your body. cold water slows your heart and metabolism, room temp flows through your system easier and speeds up your metabolism and digestion.

think of it like a chemical reaction... does a chemical reaction work better when it is really cold? no, it doesnt.

cold water is refreshing but if you get used to it, room temp is better.
    test
  12. LiveFromThe781

thats the whole point, your body has to expend more energy when you drink cold water.
    test
  13. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

I drink room temp water simply because I carry around a gallon jug of water everywhere with me.
    test
  14. LiveFromThe781

right but thats a little than choosing to have your water room temp
    test
  15. Dahnamics

Dahnamics Bitch, Don't Kill My Vibe

whats y'all opinion on testosterone increasing supps?? i was lookin at taking one to supplement my libido, lol.. i have read on a few that also claim benefits to adding muscle mass, etc comments? one of the brands i was lookin at was called testosterip extremem i believe
    test
  16. Ben Official

lol dont take that shit
    test
  17. LiveFromThe781

^why not? if you have the cash for it, go for it, just make sure youre getting a quality product. higher levels of testosterone wont only boost your libido, itll help you burn fat and build/preserve muscle mass. have you ever done a really intense workout and felt like snapping the barbell of your knee like a broomstick? ...well that was the effect of testosterone. testosterone is what seperates the men from the boys.
    test
  18. Ben Official

man, you and steve s and all your supplements, lol. maybe take testosterone supplements if your planning to compete as a body builder. i'm pretty sure your not.

its kind of silly to me, no offense.
    test
  19. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

Working out raises testosterone only for a short period of time, than it makes your body drop to low levels for a day or two, so keeping fat intake at good levels and also taking a test booster can help.

Tribulus has been proven(there's that annoying word to supplement haters once again) to increase luteinizing hormone in the body signalling the testes to pump out more testosterone. Just make sure it's at least 45% saponins.

ZMA before bed has also been proven, yes, proven, to raise testosterone levels up to 30%.

So, ZMA and tribulus for the win!
    test
  20. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

Anyone engaging in intense workouts can benefit from a test booster as working out actually lowers test levels. Stop talking about what you know nothing of. Thanks.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.