name what u consider 6 essential supplements besides protein...

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Dahnamics, Sep 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

LOL, no way man. I NEVER buy name brand supplements (vitacost :wink:) . The arginine was I believe 120 pills for $20. A daily dose was 3 pills and it was recommended on the bottle that you take only every 2-3 days. I basically reserved it for when I wanted to boost my performance a little or I knew I had a rough workout ahead. It even made me run better. I think that was maybe due to more blood to the brain, so my concentration and focus was better.

It's good shit.
    test
  2. LiveFromThe781

LiveFromThe781 Don Of The Den

i believe i read something like one of pasquale's athletes gained 20 pounds of LBM in a short period (not sure if it was 1 or 2 months) by taking a large amount of fish oil...hence i up'd my dosage to 20 caps a day lol
    test
  3. XxLiLBuRnAxX

XxLiLBuRnAxX Prolly smarter than you

Oh I only take one a day.....I guess they aren't really doin much for me then
    test
  4. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

Got a pic Ben?

I'm just curious to see since your trainer said it looked like you are on gear.
    test
  5. LiveFromThe781

yea man 1 a day isnt going to do squat. i believe the reccomended dosage is like 3 anyway, and thats still too little.
    test
  6. XxLiLBuRnAxX

XxLiLBuRnAxX Prolly smarter than you

Ill second that.......cuz Im bigger than you are and I lift in a gym full of professionals and none of them have ever said I looked like I was on roids.....Only ppl who say i look like im on roids were girls and this guy at work who messes with me saying i look like i gotta turtle shell on my back lol
    test
  7. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

i personally dont think i look like im on roids, he was referring to how i used to look compared to now...shirtless i dont have a pic sowwy, there are some pics of me in tournies with a rash guard on that really shows off my sexy man chest but i still havent gotten those pics back from the person who took them yet.

i think theres a couple pics floating around of me from the shoulders up if that would tickle your fancy
    test
  8. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

Ben, what is your avatar? I've always wondered what the fuck it is and still don't know. Maybe I'm just not looking at it close enough
    test
  9. Ben Official

someone re named my name to "dragon warrior zeus" or some shit one time and they gave me that avatar to go along with it.....it was a lame joke. i dont remember who did it but i never changed it cuz i dont give a fuck
    test
  10. Dahnamics

Dahnamics Bitch, Don't Kill My Vibe

LMAO @ Dragon Warrior Zeus, that was great
    test
  11. Gorilla Nasty

They're just tops for me, but that's cause I don't fuck with things like protein powders and creatine. They're very bad on your liver and I think a lot of people fail to realize how important your liver is to overall health.

I'd like to know about fish oil though. Do you have any studies you know of? I've been thinking of taking fish oil. I think the brand is Carlson's. I'm getting the liquid though, cause IMO it's no sense in taking the pills unless I wouldn't be at home for the whole day, which rarely happens. Pllus it'll cost less and I'll get more that way.
    test
  12. Ben Official

20 a DAY!? your joking right?
    test
  13. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

Actually, there's no proof of creatine or protein powder being bad on your liver. There have been numerous long term studies of creatine mono supplementation that showed no damage to kidney, livers, etc. I can find the links if you'd like.

Here's a link to a page with links to numerous fish oil articles http://www.fishoilblog.com/

And fish oil and fat loss- http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle.do?id=1651364

There's many more, but that should get you started.
    test
  14. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

I try to take in around 15 caps a day.

Why not?
    test
  15. Gorilla Nasty

Concentrated things, especially proteins are hard on the liver. It's too much protein and not enough nutrition. It's like taking vitamin c instead of eating an orange. You're missing tons of other things. Those other things in food are designed to help aid digestion.

Maybe things like too much protein aren't bad, but I know for a fact that it can't be at the expense of other things like fiber.

Concentrated protein is not good. A buddy of mine used to eat beef jerky a lot and the doctor said he was really wreaking havoc on his liver.
    test
  16. LiveFromThe781

15-20, it depends, sometimes i take like 15 if i want to keep my cals low, other times i look at my meal-log and i can take the full 20, i also usually take a tsp of flax seed oil too i should take more but i figure im takin all that fish oil so eh. my fish oil is also the stronger stuff i guess so for ever 2 caps its 432mg of EPA and 288mgs of DHA...so thats whaaat uhhh (calculator) 4,322mgs of EPA and 2,880mgs of DHA per day ;P

i also take 2-3 Cal/ZMA pills in the morning, 2 pre workout or 1 pre-1 during, and then another 3 before bed..so thats 8 ZMA's

i also take 3 BCAA caps before bed and theres more BCAA's in my PWO drink.
    test
  17. LiveFromThe781

and if i really wanna fuck around...during my bulk phase ill take 40 hahaha and take some creatine too wheeeeeeee

4,000 cals a day

40 fish caps

3-5grams creatine monohydrate

on top of that ill probaly be taking in like 350 grams of protein lmao
    test
  18. Ben Official

exactly

you guys are crazy with your supplements. your just nuts, i dont think thats smart. your wasting your money. are you trying to compete in bodybuilding or something?
    test
  19. LiveFromThe781

180 fish caps - $20

2lbs Whey protein - $20

bottle of BCAA's - $20

Calcium,Zinc,& Magnesium Sup ...idk probaly $20 lol

Mega Men Multi Vit - $20?

flax seed oil - $20 ...probaly

thats $120 dollars for over a months supply of supplements...how am i wasting my money? half the stuff lasts me longer than a month, and trust me if i was worried i was spending too much i wouldnt be ingesting as much, or id get cheaper products, or id manage my money better.

keep in mind i take less Fish Oil and Protein powder on weekends.

honestly the most expensive thing i buy is probaly cottage cheese...3 bucks for like 2 servings...yea

oh and i CANT get my calcium or vitamin c without taking supplements, fruits contain carbs...orange juice is fucking garbage...and milk also contains carbs so rather than fuck up my diet i think ill take a multi vit instead. ..as for the protein overloading aspect, i take one serving of ON Whey PWO which contains 24g protein...the MRP you take Ben, contains 40. my protein consumption is also right on target in regards to the guidelines of my diet.
    test
  20. Gorilla Nasty

LOL, because my supplementation costs less than half what you pay. You'll learn that this ain't all about doing what you hear. The best thing about lifting is learning. For instance fruit is not as bad as you think at all. Milk is one of the most horrible things to drink (lot's of sugar and no fiber)

I will tell you this also. It is a very honest sport. You'll only get out what you put in. So unless you get serious about starting to get educated on things, the results likely won't be whatever you want unless you set up some straw man goals.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.