Name the most OVERHYPED games..??

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by Embassy Sweetz, Jul 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

the difference was....the bond series aside from goldeneye and red faction 2 sucked.....simple...cant even compare them....

ps....ok maybe red faction 2 didnt flat out suck...but it was an average game....imo and many others...it didnt live up to part 1 on pc....or the whole destructive enviornments thing
    test
  2. MC_Masta_T

MC_Masta_T Juxtaposition is a faggot

I still stand by my first comment

this is what it all breaks down to

Halo is made {{{ONLY}}} for multiplayer...its fucked in terms of story

Metal Gear Solid is a story based franchise...and is the only reason i'm getting a ps3...

now i'll hand it to you that MGS3 subsistance's online gameplay left alot to be desired..mainly coming from the fact that online had more glitches in its system than the presidential voting process...but who knew that every faggot fuck & theyre mothers would stoop so low as to BUYING LAG EQUIPMENT just to cheat in an online game...but thats another story

but all MGS's online gameplay was....was a test....to see WHAT people will try in terms of cheating...HOW online gameplay mechanism's work...and What to do to fix glitches & patch the loopholes that nerds use to fuck it all up...ALSO banning alot of IP adresses in MGS and moving the bans over to the upcoming MGS4 online engine cleaning up alot of the trash

take it or leave it...Metal gear solid 4: Guns Of The Patriots...along with the PS3 will win the console war...gurantee it

Halo will lose
    test
  3. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

Finally, someone speaking with some sense. I'm not sure who will win the console war..but I agree with you wholeheartedly about Halo sucking and MGS being a superb series. I do think that the PS3 needs better EXCLUSIVE titles to at least surpass the 360....but..my thoughts on the PS3 are negative at the moment. I have the console war about even between 360 and PS3...neither has any games that make you want to jump out of your seat..that's for sure. Yea, I just played Gears of War...it wasn't all that it's hyped up to be either. These systems need to do better in my opinion. Pz

BTW, making a statement like that will get you jumped on around here by some of these nerds who think Halo is god.
    test
  4. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

Why do non-Halo fans bother arguing?

Seriously, it's fair enough that they like the game, but Halo fans don't accept criticism of Halo and they certainly don't believe any other game compares to it.

So stop trying. Halo fans are like the cross bread of Pac, Jigga and Eminem fans.
    test
  5. LiQuiD6

what you dont seem to understand...is that my arguement is....it doesnt matter if you......wrecktify...or that other guy hate halo....you are in the minority.....i dont think halo is the end all be all....its a good single player game...its not an amazing game......but its def a good single player game......half life 2 is more of an amazing game singleplayer.......multiplayer wise...halo is a landmark...half life....is and isnt....cause its biggest multiplayer games are mods.....half life multiplayer as is...isnt really all that great....its clunky and feels very loose...but games like counterstrike which are modifications of it make up for it....halo 2 multiplayer > any other FPS before it....thats simple...thats it....

but it doesnt matter....halo 3 will go on...and sell 10 million copies....it will get rave reviews...and it will once again define the game industry...thats it......end of discussion........metal gear solid is like an underground film with good review from critics..halo is like a summer blockbuster that wins the oscar along with good reviews.....your gonna hate it just off its popularity......you dont hear people running around saying...metal gear metal gear......only game fans.....but you hear everyone..including game fans saying halo......

and you morons still...pages deep into the thread...dont get it..everyone loves it but you...you are not the majority
    test
  6. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

See that's the shit I'm talking about Liquid. You've based your ENTIRE arguement on me hating on the fans for liking the game. When I continually state I hate the fanbase because of their attitudes and blind dick riding.

Here:

And I know I've said that shit more than once in this thread. Fucking read you nonce. READ. READ. READ.

But you're just prepetuating the same fan boy bullshit I was talking about. You can't accept we don't like the game. You can't accept we think other games are better and you for the love of god, bitch non stop.

And fuck sales. GTA and Goldeneye and probably Gears, are pound for pound the better rated games. They are far more widely considered great games.

I DO NOT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT SALES.
    test
  7. Embassy Sweetz

Embassy Sweetz 360's thee-shit,-b

yall are aruging in circles...big fans of ANYTHING (sports teams, games, movies, music,shit mac vs PC etc) will ALL argue till the death for thier respected game/team/computer/band/rapper..so its ALL pointless...like u say halo fans are blind..MGS are just as blind..same with zelda fans, red sox fans , who the fuck ever..so just stop it..its retarded...
    test
  8. worldwidez33

worldwidez33 New Member

Im not really into RPG games to be honest
    test
  9. LiQuiD6

holy shit.....your fucking on some dumb shit..you can apply that to any blockbuster game..."i hate metal gear fans because they think its the end all be all of stealth and think its untouchable when compared to splinter cell".....

"i hate virtua fighter fans because they think its the end all be all of fighting games and is untouchable next to (tekken, soul calibur, street fighter, mk, etc.)"

i didnt say shit about you hating fans.....thats all you...i didnt base any of my arguement on your opinion of fans.....i based it on your opinion of the game stating it as being overhyped.......when it clearly isnt when fans and critics unanimously agree.......thats the point im making.....i dont know what fucking crack your smoking.......but stop......see your opinion at work again? saying gta, gears and goldeneye are better games? ..lol.......
    just the fact that you bring up goldeneye being better then halo i cant take it seriously......goldeneye was good for its time...but its not fucking with even the average fps of today......so stop it......
    test
  10. pantherdef

pantherdef New Member

GTA revolutionized gameplay. have to respectfully disagree with part of the first post.

But the halo comment was on point.
    test
  11. MC_Masta_T

GTA is its own breed of game..it INVENTED its own genre...the True Crime series tried it...didn't work out too well...although the fighting system is better than GTA

Metal Gear Solid & Splinter Cell will always be a heated debate with Stealth action game fans...i've played both games and i can honestly say that i wasn't all that impressed with splinter cell..its story was boring..and it just felt long-winded...MGS kept me entertained

theyre just trying to make James Bond into a pathetic crossbreed between Solid Snake & Sam Fisher...but has a british accent...

and correct me if i'm wrong here...TV TELLS people what they like...50% of theyre liking is not based on opinion...half of it comes from the TV TELLING THEM they like it

Halo is more of the get-together type game...one person has it...they all do multiplayer...the losers get pissed...and then buy the game so they can practice on it...people don't even buy the game for the story they buy it for the online mode which is fine..go ahead and have your tournaments...and .i've heard very little about story mechanics...i've actually played it once...and really it was all i needed to base my opinions

Metal Gear Solid however is built off of a very loyal fanbase...what other game can make people shell out 600+ bucks for the system ALONE JUST to finish off the saga?..name ONE game that did that
    test
  12. Embassy Sweetz

Embassy Sweetz 360's thee-shit,-b

im pretty sure a good amount of people copped an xbox 360 just for halo 3...same can be said for Zelda on the Wii...and dont forget Final Fantasy 13 on the ps3 too...

i think its stupid to cop a system for one game but then again im not a rabid fan of any one game like that...
    test
  13. MC_Masta_T

the Wii i'm leavin alone..its got its own thing right now in terms of creativity..can't really fuck wit that

and yes...i'll come out & say that i'm a very rabid fan of the MGS series

i own

Metal Gear (on mgs3: Subsistance)
    Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake (on mgs3: subsistance)
    Metal Gear Solid (psx)
    Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions (psx)
    Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty (ps2)
    Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (ps2)
    Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (ps2)
    Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistance (ps2)
    Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops (psp)

i didn't bother fuckin wit the Ac!d series...because for one..its card based gameplay...for 2..it has nothing to do with the actual story...for three...its card based gameplay

so you know damn well i'm coppin a ps3 to finish my favorite saga :D
    test
  14. LiQuiD6

halo

lol....come on man.....you really think that the majority of 360 owners didnt buy one cause they knew halo 3 was coming?

like i said before......the MGS series has existed on a console with over a 100 million user base........and halo is on a 25 million user base.......and halo still edges MGS out in sales on a game vs game basis.. (since there has only been 2 halo games)......so what is the point your trying to make........im not even argueing for halo as a fan......cause its not my fav fps game.......its good...but its not the best imo....that belongs to half life 2....but either way...as a multiplayer game...halo is the benchmark for what all console fps games are measured by.......you guys seem to mention story story story story.......thats all fine and good...but when you play a game......gameplay > story........ if it has a good story thats always a bonus.....but the most important thing is GAMEPLAY.....and thats why people like halo......its the same reason people love street fighter..... ..GAMEPLAY...story is no reason to dismiss a videogame.....at all....and its one of my biggest problems with the MGS games.....they are more cinematics and directing then actual game play...which i do like..but i like my story implemented during gameplay......which is something half life does perfectly....
    test
  15. MC_Masta_T

i disagree...show me a game with a captivating story line and i'll show you a good game

gameplay aint everything...i mean...look at god of war...that was a REAL overhyped game...that was 20 bucks wasted
    test
  16. LiQuiD6

only in your minority of an opinion......thats the point....the majority of the gaming public and industry and critics all loved it......your one guy who says it sucks....the same way you say halo sucks.......critics.......the industry......and consumers all agree that it doesnt......so it isnt overhyped......overhyped is something that is hyped to all hell and doesnt produce in the end result........

overhyped games dont get awards....gets bad reviews.....and people still buy........like madden.....and nba live....

im not a fan of japanese style games......because they focus more on story then actual gameplay.....its the same reason i dont like japanese RPG's.....if you cant tell the story in gameplay..i dont care who wrote it.....im playing a game...not watching a film or reading a book....give me a good story in the context of the game.....i prefer american games for this very reason......they like to use as much of the in game engine as possible to tell the story......cinematics, overuse of cutscenes and all that jazz that is done outside of gameplay is a waste of game disc....a true game designer will tie those things into game play
    test
  17. MC_Masta_T

and only in YOUR minority of an opinion is that true

Critics and the gaming public are all made up of individuals

critics...are a single individual that gets PAID to make opinions that people follow because theyre too godamn afraid to form theyre own opinion

and if your talking about Japanese RPG's....then yes....the Final Fantasy series started to suck after at about....Final Fantasy X....maybe 9...somewhere around there...it got old

and God of War WAS an american game...they tried tying in alot of shit for the game engine...but to me the game was boring...i literally played it for a half an hour...and just got bored of it...and haven't touched it since

your right...madden & NBA is boring now...only reason to buy it is for the updated rosters and possible over-lighting of helmets & sweat to make the characters more ""Realistic""...same with wrestling games

don't get me wrong...i love the occassional 900mph button mashing games...take a look at "Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening"....tight game if you ask me...got great gameplay elements..fast paced gameplay

and in case you wanna get in about ratings...check IGN.com....Metal gear & Halo had IDENTICAL fuckin scores....except for Halo 1 & MGS2 : Sons of Liberty...i'll even admit that MGS2's story line was WAAAAAY farfetched...and you'll have to play it a few times to actually get the story....but thats what made the matrix so fuckin popular...aaaaaand thats a completely different story

your turn
    test
  18. LiQuiD6

my turn on what?

i already made the point about ratings.......when you talk about ratings only 1 website is legit..gamerakings.com because it takes all scores available and comes up with an average.....

i already touched on this about 2 pages ago.......halo averages a higher score then mgs.......and is on the gamerankings top 10 list of all time.....there are no mgs scores on that list...
    test
  19. Omnipotnth

Omnipotnth New Member

test
  20. blade1284

blade1284 New Member

most oferhyped is gta
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.