Name the most OVERHYPED games..??

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by Embassy Sweetz, Jul 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

my common sense???
    wow..

ok..lets take this into consideration...it honestly wouldnt even add much to the sales numbers much cause halo on pc didnt sell all that well...i mean i even quoted to you sales numbers before the release of halo pc on 2004....what more do you need?

and lets take into account that halo does have a pc version...how the fuck does that change anything?!!?!!?@?! seriously?!

did you take into account that metal gear solid 2 came out for xbox in its sales numbers?! i mean seriously....WTF ARE YOU TRYING TO PROVE!!?!?

your sitting there trying to tell me that halo in no way supercedes metal gear in anything...im not even talking about which is the better game......YOU ARE......and thats what you dont fucking understand..the one clearly lacking common sense here is YOU......

i cant even believe your fucking debating the popularity of the halo franchise...thats what i cant fucking believe..it has nothing to do with what you and i think is a better game.....they are completely different games and both are on top of the genre's they are a part of...so why the fuck would you even try to compare the two?

point blank...you take random people from the street and ask them about halo or metal gear solid..and the majority will know halo more then mgs......

thats it......its rediculous that you actually think metal gear is in the spotlight like halo is....aside from regular gamers...no one knows what metal gear is......yet there are people who havent even touched an xbox and know what halo is

seriously....how can you deny that halo has more of an effect on the game industry today? how?

LiQuiD6 AK (3:57:21 PM): aight yo
    LiQuiD6 AK (3:57:27 PM): this is an easy question to me
    LiQuiD6 AK (3:57:35 PM): avoiding what you think is a better game
    LiQuiD6 AK (3:57:39 PM): what is more popular in the public eye
    LiQuiD6 AK (3:57:43 PM): and holds more brand recognition
    LiQuiD6 AK (3:57:46 PM): halo
    LiQuiD6 AK (3:57:50 PM): or metal gear solid
    ***DeNNiS 85 (3:58:30 PM): Halo
    LiQuiD6 AK (3:58:39 PM): thank you
    ***DeNNiS 85 (3:58:47 PM): yeah
    ***DeNNiS 85 (3:58:49 PM): that's an easy one
    ***DeNNiS 85 (3:59:20 PM): metal gear solid was a highly acclaimed game.... great game.... but everyone knows what halo is
    ***DeNNiS 85 (3:59:24 PM): EVERYONE
    ***DeNNiS 85 (3:59:29 PM): people who don't know shit about games..
    ***DeNNiS 85 (3:59:31 PM): know what Halo is

i mean why is that so hard to understand?
    test
  2. Embassy Sweetz

Embassy Sweetz 360's thee-shit,-b

halo has transcended into pop culture...

Metal Gear has not.

u dont hear about people having 100 player Metal Gear tournaments on your local news...

and for the record..i despise halo.
    test
  3. WWIII

WWIII It has begun...

Halo 2 overhyped
    Super Mario 2 sucked balls imo
    True Crime - sold that piece of shit and I usually keep every game I buy whether it sucks or not
    Red Dead Revolver - sold as well, resale value was high too I remember. game had no replay value at all, multiplayer was horrible, etc.
    test
  4. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

Some of these quotes were so crazy..I had to label them. For quote 1....How do PC sales change the net Halo sales?? You've GOT to be kidding me dude...It's simple addition. You lump both sales figures together and according to you and your data....it surpasses MGS sales.

For quote 2....Metal Gear Solid 2 wasn't on Xbox...it's exclusive to Playstation..what are you talking about??

For 3....The person you questioned wasn't a random person..it was one of your AIM butt buddies. Usually friends have similar viewpoints....moreso gaming friends. They usually play the same games and even play together. Just like I am sure you two play Halo all the time on Xbox live..so your credibility is shot there. You can't even make a statement like that because of sampling error. You're not sampling EVERYONE. So..Next....

For 4...UM....if you play games...any type of console..or computer game..you KNOW what HALO is. Just because someone KNOWS what a game is..doesn't mean that they LIKE IT. People know what Halo is because it is one of the MOST overhyped games that doesn't live up to the hype. So, what was your point in even saying that?

Come on dude, really...
    test
  5. LiQuiD6

uh man.......

1 pc sales never measure up to console sales.....halo on pc didnt sell all that well....get it through your head...give up......

2....ill save that for the end of the post..cause your just a fucking loser...lol @ exclusive......hahahaha...you clearly argue off pure emotion and no facts at all

3 the person i aimed doesnt even own an xbox.....and doesnt like "alien" games...he's not a halo fan at all.....thats why i told him to ignore which one he likes better and to step outside himself to answer it....i mean..its in the fucking convo that i ask him to ignore his personal preference......

4 ....your talking once again about halo being hyped....but saying no one likes it??? didnt i show you industry reviews that were beyond the scores any metal gear solid game got?? it sold tons..and has lots of fans..so how do people not like it....how do you explain that more people play halo online then any other console game? (that was recently until gears of war which has cut in on halo)....how do you explain that halo sells xbox's....halo 1 sold over half of the original xbox systems sold......seriously...GIVE UP....

oh yea.....lemme go back to number 2.....

[​IMG]

seriously........get the FUCK out of this board.....your NEVER right on anything....your a fucking tower of misinformation....you guys claim im a microsoft fanboy but your fucking super sony cape shows all the damn time.....i go with whatever console is the strongest at the moment.....i had a ps1...had a ps2......the ps3 is not gonna be as dominant....give it up.....learn from your mistakes and just suck it up.....

THE WORLD > YOUR OPINION

wait...do you still want to continue talking shit???

[​IMG]

holy shit?! metal gear solid 2 for pc!!!! oh my god!!

http://www.amazon.com/Metal-Gear-So...bs_1/002-7852397-6536849?ie=UTF8&s=videogames
    test
  6. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

Ok, for your first dumb comment.....I said absolutely NOTHING about PC sales v.s Console sales...clearly you lack grade school reading comprehension skills....What I said WAS this: PC SALES + CONSOLE SALES=TOTAL SALES. I don't give a flying fuck if the overall PC sales amounts to less that the console version...it's the NET or SUM of the sales to yield an OVERALL sales figure. Do you understand now,shit for brains? Next you'll ask me how to add and subtract.

Secondly.....when did I mention anything about being a Sony phenatic? I OWN AN XBOX 360!! So how the fuck am I baised toward one system when I practically own them all??? I never said ANYTHING about PS3...you and your fucking Strawman arguments and your Microsoft fanaticism.

Thirdly, jackass, that is Metal Gear Solid Subsistence,...I said the SERIES is exclusive to the Sony Playstation and I am right. My opinion stands that you are a Microsoft fanboy..and concerning the PS3....who the fuck are you to predict the fate of a console?...Ok..I have a prediction...the Next Halo will be just overrated..and it will SUCK just like every other one made....

You just TOTALLY misconstrued my argument and if anyone needs to just walk away with their tail in between their legs..it's you. Outta my face dude...
    test
  7. LiQuiD6

holy shit your a dumbass....

metal gear solid 2 subsistence and metal gear solid 2 have the same game......the difference is subsistence has some extra's......its part of the fucking series....how does it change if its part of the series??? explain?its metal gear solid 2.....simple...your not right...so shut the fuck up....its not a 1st party product....its 3rd party..and if konami broke ties with sony on future installments it could happen.....its not a game like socom which will exclusively be for sony unless they decide to sell off the franchise......so your not proving anythign with your arguement....fact of the matter is that metal gear solid 2 was on pc and xbox....its the same damn game with extra features....your not gaining any ground here....

thats like saying Halo on xbox and halo on pc arent the same game because the pc version has no co-op mode

and exactly.....

your talking about you dont care about pc or console sales....its total sales that count.......so what the fuck are you making a big deal about halo selling on pc??? now your renigging on your arguement??? wtf!?

misconstrued your arguement??? no.....i just picked it apart to show how fucking dumb you are.......

first you say that if you take away halo's pc sales that mgs shits on halo.....then you say that your not talking about pc sales vs console sales????

dog....WTF?!?!

and you just recently claimed to get a 360....after much 360 bashing...... does it make a difference then that i have a psp....owned a ps1.....and owned a ps2??

seriously ...stop posting.....
    test
  8. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

Ok, let me put this in YOUR language because obviously..your IQ is on a basement type level and you can't read for shit (seriously). Say I designed a game and I wanted to keep track of sales. Let me give you some hypothetical sales figures: The name of the game is "Basketball Kings" and it is for PC and Xbox 360. I will give you NET(Total) sales figure aka the amount of money I made from selling copies for EACH platform.

B-Ball Kings(PC)=3 million
    B-Ball Kings(Xbox 360)=9 million

Hmm, Liquid..let me ask you a question that should be easy...even for a numbnut like youself..How would I get a TOTAL sales figure for B-Ball Kings..?? YEA...I heard you whisper it!...Simple Addition!!! You're SOOO SMART!!!(Not). 3 million plus 9 million is what? YES!! 12 Million dollars in TOTAL SALES. Do that make sense to you? I hope so..because if it doesn't..then you missed something in elemntary school. Don't be mad at me because you can't solve/understand addition word problems.

This same example applies to the Halo PC and Xbox Sales. Then your stupid ass goes and brings up an OLD Metal Gear game. I am also aware that Metal Gear 2 Subsistence and Metal Gear 2 are practically the same game. When I mentioned that the Metal Gear Series is exclusive to Playstation...I meant ALL CHAPTERS in the metal gear saga are on Playstation. You can't find MGS1, MG3 OR MGS4 on Xbox. But an idiot that shows no reading comprehension or reasoning skills whatsoever like urself...wouldn't begin to understand that. Dumbass..Now YOU can stop posting
    test
  9. LiQuiD6

holy shit...you dont understand do you..

LEMME FUCKING BRING BACK YOUR ORIGINAL STATEMENT SO YOU CAN FUCKING SEE SOME DAMN LIGHT AS TO WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT...CAUSE YOUR FUCKING HAVING ANOTHER ARGUEMENT BY YOURSELF....

fucker i dont care about the difference in pc/xbox/ps2 sales.....

thats what this boils down to...i never brought it up...it doesnt matter in the scheme of a title.....total sales are ALL THAT MATTER......

i mean its even hilarious...that the ps2 has over 100million in the world....yet metal gear solid cant outsell a game on a system with an install base of only 24 million on a title to title average?.........seriously.....do you not see something wrong there??

so why are you bringing up a strawman arguement on something that im not even argueing with you about?!?!

your talking about my iq.....yet your the fucking idiot who actually thinks i dont understand what total net sales are......

what ive been fucking saying for the past 4 posts that you fucking keep ignoring......is that

YOU SPECIFICALLY TRIED TO SEPERATE PC SALES FROM XBOX SALES LIKE IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE ON THE IMPORTANCE OF THE FRANCHISE.......

IT FUCKING DOESNT MATTER?!?!?!??!?!?!? HOLY SHIET!!!

SERIOUSLY WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU ARGUEING WITH!?

YOUR FUCKING RETARDED...I SWARE...I CANT FUCKING BELIEVE YOUR THIS FUCKING STUPID......YOUR STILL ARGUEING ABOUT THE PC SALES OF A TITLE VS CONSOLE SALES....IM FUCKING TRYING TO TELL YOU THAT IT IS IRRELEVENT TO THE FUCKING ARGUEMENT.....YET YOU KEEP FUCKING BRINGING IT UP!!!!

DO YOU SERIOUSLY NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT IM TELLING YOU??!?!

IM TELLING YOU THAT YOU HAVE AN OBVIOUS BIAS....BECAUSE YOU WANT TO REMOVE PC SALES FROM THE HALO'S TOTAL SALES AND COMPARE IT TO MGS TOTAL SALES.....WHEN MGS TOTAL SALES INCLUDE XBOX AND PC VERSIONS...SO IF YOU REMOVE THE PC SALES ON HALO..THEN YOU MUST REMOVE PC SALES OF MGS.....THAT IS MY FUCKING ARGUEMENT...YOUR FUCKIN BIAS THAT YOUR SAYING HALO ISNT SHIT IF YOU REMOVE PC SALES WHEN OVER 90% OF HALO'S SALES ARE NOT FROM PC SALES.....SO ITS BORDERLINE IRRELEVANT!!!!

holy fuck are you really that fucking stupid to understand that?

and then you have the nerve to say what you meant....instead of what you actually implied from what you typed......it doesnt matter......MGS is not mutually exclusive to SONY......it never has been...

shit did you know that metal gear solid 1 came out for pc as well??

so now you have metal gear solid 1 and 2 for pc......thats the first half the series on another system besides Sony.....so how exclusive is that? its a timed-exclusive on an open contract....if konami wants to make metal gear solid for the 360 in a year...guess what...they can.....and sony cant do shit about it without coughing up more money to convince konami to do otherwise

shut the fuck up.....stop posting...
    you cant fucking argue with me cause your too fucking stupid....now leave
    test
  10. Embassy Sweetz

Embassy Sweetz 360's thee-shit,-b

lmao@ this...

continue..please.
    test
  11. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Gears of war - Yeah it was fun the first two times I beat it but it's too simplistic. Given the last boss is pain stakingly hard on insane, I just feelt the level for fighting him could have been better and offered more cover than a straight way perspective. further more, The loading time for the torque bow is patheticly homosexual. Not to mention, GOW could have used more bosses. And a goddam energy bar would have been nice for the last boss. GOW 2, Better make the improvements.

Zelda, twilight prince- It's the same game over and over. Same bad guy. Same Young to old progression. Same save the zelda story line. same weapons.
    same sword strikes. How many times can link go from being little to big?
    that's not even a logical story line to story line one can follow. Link never evolves. Link always devolves then evolves again every fucking game. Terrible.
    test
  12. LiQuiD6

........ONLINE
    test
  13. Atom React

Atom React aka JAYO

liquid its pointless to argue.. seriously

i hate halo, never was a fan, never will be
    but halo runs the gaming world right now lol, i mean shit it is definately lived up to all the hype, how? i dont know i really hate the game, but the shit sells you cant front

and this guy above somewheres... GOW torque bow reload is ridiculous?
    use the active reload lol are you serious?
    test
  14. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

No, single player Game play.
    test
  15. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

The funny thing about the torqueer bow is the beam of light as the aim. You would think they would make the aim for it kinda like the guns aim. If you played the game on insane and your at the train level those flying creatures carring Theron Guards packing torqueer bows smoke you before you can even get your light of gayness fixed on the flying creature their riding to blow them up.

I haven't played with it on line, But I'm guessing it's still slow ass gayness.

Edit, I finally beat that part on INSANE MODE. Almost at the last boss. FINALLY!
    test
  16. DJ Blackout

DJ Blackout Paper Chase

Madden since the hit stick...

QB vision was ok....but most of the people didnt like it becuase they didnt know how to control it...they graphics get better...but other than that...theres not really a new reason to keep buying it...except fot the rosters...

Ea Head Coach

seriously...who the fuck wants to be the coach...?
    test
  17. Vikto Beats

Vikto Beats aka Viktomajarmo

Pokemon Snap was so fucking ill, jesus christ I forgot that shit existed till I saw this.
    test
  18. Vikto Beats

Vikto Beats aka Viktomajarmo

ROOOOFL @ Liquid exploding, gave me a liquid explosion
    test
  19. macmilimeterhyms

macmilimeterhyms Product of the 80s

^^^you're officially gay for 5 minutes
    test
  20. pantherdef

pantherdef New Member

there were other games that did the same thing as halo (bond series, red faction 2), but xbox put out pub like it was a motion picture the second time around.

zelda. all i need to say. and they keep making games for the series.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.