Name the most OVERHYPED games..??

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by Embassy Sweetz, Jul 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

THE WHOLE BASE OF YOUR ARGUEMENT IS HYPE AND NOT LIVING UP TO HYPE....WHAT DEFINES IF A GAME LIVES UP TO HYPE IS HOW WELL IT DOES IN SALES AND HOW THE INDUSTRY RECIEVES THE PRODUCT.....YOUR OPINION DOES NOT DECIDE IF SOMEHTING LIVES UP TO HYPE OR NOT....THE WHOLE COLLECTIVE INDUSTRY DOES....AND ACCORDING TO THE GAMING INDUSTRY AND THE GENERAL PUBLIC...THE HALO SERIES HAS LIVED UP TO ANY POSSIBLE HYPE IT HAS GENERATED....YOUR TALKING BULLSHIT ABOUT EXAGERATED FACTS AND SALES FIGURES....BUT THATS HALF OF WHAT DETERMINES WTF IS HYPED...HOW THE FUCK CAN YOU EVEN START TALKING ABOUT HYPE AND THEN DISREGARD SALES AND INDUSTRY CRITICS.....IF SOMETHING IS HYPED...AND IT SELLS LIKE WILDFIRE AND GETS RAVIN REVIEWS....GUESS WHAT?!??!?!?!?

IT FUCKING LIVED UP TO THE HYPE!!!

SO BAK THE FUCK OUT THE THREAD

seriously...the way your talking...you would think gears of war hasnt lived up to its hype yet.....

when not only a kid....but his mom knows what a game is...then its a next level franchise.....halo is like pokemon...its like fuckin mario....its like final fantasy...its like any and all of those games...the only difference is halo hasnt been around as long as those franchises...but as far as modern franchises are concerned....its one of the most popular...so you saying it doesnt live up to hype is just your fucking horrible opinion....even if you dont like something you can agree well yea it lives up to the hype cause it makes people go crazy anytime its mentioned....i dont fucking like final fantasy but you dont see me saying oh it doesnt live up to the hype.....fuck outta here man....your opinion is ass cheeks

and dont get me started on the "hd epidemic" if you seriously think that hdtv has no place in gaming your a fucking loser....i for one am happy i can play console games at the resolution ive played computer games for over 10 years...its about fucking time they caught up with technology...
    test
  2. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

Halo has NEVER superceded Metal Gear Solid in the game popularity OR gameplay contest. Dude is right though, Halo is SERIOUSLY overrated. Halo was supposed to be "THE GAME" that was supposed to push the original Xbox in front of the console wars..and..as you can see from these sales figures...that just NEVER happened. Halo sucks..that's just my opinion. Noone in their right mind can say that the Halo series was more fun or even better than the Metal Gear Solid series..that's just foolish.

Month PS2 Xbox Gamecube

Dec/2001 1,940,000 700,000 550,000
    Dec/2002 2,700,000 1,040,000 600,000
    Dec/2003 1,930,000 1,100,000 1,150,000
    Dec/2004 990,000 1,050,000 810,000
    Dec/2005 1,500,000 420,000 600,000 280,000
    test
  3. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

Graphics don't mean anything if the game is lame. Yea, HD looks all pretty and stuff....Graphics are a plus but I think as true gamers..we look for gameplay. A game is useless if all you can say about it is that it has sweet graphics.
    test
  4. LiQuiD6

holy shit.....no one said halo was more fun then metal gear solid........who the fuck said that?!?!?!

all i said was that halo is more recognizable name in households then metal gear solid.....and to deny that is fucking rediculous.....the only place you can say otherwise is japan.......

and regardless of it being your opinion that halo sucks....to say that its a garbage game is rediculous...im not even fucking bashing metal gear...i love the series...but you faggots take shit to the next level by assuming that halo is trash just cause YOU dont like it......when there are professional gamer leagues and people making big money checks off a game.....its on some next level shit....i dont see metal gear solid 3 subsistance multiplayer tournaments....i see halo 2 tournaments......

how the fuck can you say halo was supposed to push xbox to the front of the console wars.....it never was supposed to be that..it was supposed to DEFINE the xbox...as a matter of fact.....its the game that made the xbox what it is today....many attribute the success of the xbox to the halo franchise......while your sitting there posting up numbers of the ps2 over the xbox what you fail to realize is that the xbox was not even supposed to survive or make a dent in the industry according to many analysts......the ps2 already had a dedicated fanbase with the ps1....

holy shit....i sware you idiots dont seem to understand the whole industry disagree's with you.....your a small minority with your opinion......jesus fuck.....this is like listening to underground fans say jay-z sucks....

like i said....your personal opinion MEANS SHIT in the view of it living up to the hype..... cause it exceeded the hype it generated.....halo 2 outsold halo 1......and did better primarily because of its online multiplayer....its literally the modern day goldeneye in the console world.......and dont even try to say goldeneye is a better game......it was good in its time...but it doesnt stand up today......

AND TO CLARIFY...I HAD NO PROBLEM WITH YOU SAYING ITS OVERHYPED...THATS FINE...THATS YOUR OPINION....BUT TO STATE AS FACT THAT THE GAME DIDNT LIVE UP TO THE HYPE IT GENERATED...RESULTED IN ME HAVING TO MAKE YOU LOOK LIKE A FOOL
    test
  5. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

I have to agree with Liquid that Halo is more popular than MGS. Poeple may like MGS more, but Halo is definately more popular.
    test
  6. LiQuiD6

they dont get it......lol

halo outsells metal gear solid this day and age......point blank....halo 3 will make more money for microsoft....then metal gear 4 makes for the ps3...its simple.....
    test
  7. Gorilla Nasty

Yep. The only way Metal Gear would be able to compete is if it had a multiplayer online game. That's what (will) make(s) Halo more popular.
    test
  8. LiQuiD6

lets not also mention that rating for rating on game site reviews.......halo 1 and 2 outscore all metal gear games on most game reviews...just incase they wanna throw the bullshit sales mean nothing arguement

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/472132.asp?q=halo
    http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/562116.asp?q=halo

theres halo 1 and 2....a 96% and a 95 %

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/197909.asp?q=metal gear
    http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/913941.asp?q=metal gear
    http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/928437.asp?q=metal gear

metal gear 1 -3

93, 95, 93

do you guys still want to keep up this lame ass arguement?

top 10 ranking list of all time according to all tabulated game rankings.....

http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/simpleratings.asp?rankings=y

i dont see metal gear....but i do see halo

keep in mind....the reviews really dont mean shit in the long scheme of things......but combined.....reviews.....sales......industry importance.....brand recognition.......

halo > mgs......

would i personally pick one over the other??
    hell no...they are both good games....but the problem here isnt me.....ITS YOU
    test
  9. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

Dude, when someone stands an opinion why do they have to be an idiot or a faggot all the time? Anyhow, once again..you're bringing up this sales crap again. Why are you even trying to compare multiplayer capabilities between Metal Gear and Halo. Metal Gear wasn't even designed for all of that. You're better off comparing Halo to Splinter Cell...splinter cell was even alot more fun than Halo. You're right, reviews don't mean anything....they are simply opinions and half of the time..they arn't even expert opinions. The only people that play Halo are those nerds that you find on Xbox live...the shit is overrated dude. I own an Xbox and I can still say that Halo is overrated garbage. It doesn't even make sense to make Metal Gear an online multiplayer game....that's just stupid..the game is fine by itself. "HYPE" makes people buy certain things in the consumer world. HYPE makes stupid people pay $600 dollars for a console..HYPE makes people buy crap like HALO. To be honest, World of Warcraft and Half Life 2 are outselling Halo.....I know that for a FACT. "WOW(World of Warcraft) is an awesome online multiplayer game.

WOW & Half Life >>>>>>>>>! Halo
    test
  10. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

I skimmed it.

You seem to be under the impression that my mother knowing about a game, means the game met it's hype.

Forgive me, I rate a game on it's merits, not if my mother recognises the name.
    test
  11. Gorilla Nasty

Yeah, but who made you the voice for the masses? Just because you don't like or acknowledge something does not mean anything to the rest of the world. But the only real "concrete" measure of success is to look at numbers.

You can say this and that about advertising but that only goes so far. If Halo was so horrible, it would stop selling. If MGS was more popular, it would sell more. Word of mouth is still the most convincing form of advertising.

As long as MGS does not have a online mutiplayer mode, it will not be as popular as Halo. I don't care if that's not in MSG's best interest. I don't care whatever else you want to say, it just wont happen. I'm not saying that online games are automatically more popular. But the majority of the time they are. Usually for that reason alone.
    test
  12. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

Preach Gorillllllllah.
    test
  13. macmilimeterhyms

macmilimeterhyms Product of the 80s

Call Of Duty 3- it's so corny

Gears of War- what a worthless piece of software
    test
  14. LiQuiD6

dumbass....

you dont know shit as a fact...you always try to pass off opinion or misinformation as facts...

there are 8 million wow suscribers in the world.....halo 1 and 2 have sold more then that combined.....

half life sales are around 12 million...but this is not counting the huge breakdown of games in the series....from half life 1 and 2.....2 episode 1...counterstrike....blue shift....lost coast....day of defeat...and the bajillion other variations and expansion of half life 1 and 2......

so pound for pound...halo is STILL there....

and as far as MGS and it being stupid to have multiplayer...i guess you've never heard of MGS3 subsistance.....it has online multiplayer...because multiplayer carries the gaming world these days....did you think i just made that up?? no...THERE IS METAL GEAR MULTIPLAYER....there is such a thing....
    test
  15. LiQuiD6

then you skimmed wrong....
    because what i posted was sales numbers...overall reviews from the gaming media and the average score of the halo games supercedes a franchise such as metal gear...i also pointed out how it is one of the top 10 rated games of all time as far as review scores go....and cited gamerankings.com which has a collection of reviews from most magazines and online publications....

so those define merits beyond any definition you can muster....you lose just give up....your mother knowing the name is the obvious end to all of that
    test
  16. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

If anyone tries to impose their opinions..it's you with your fanboyish ideologies. In terms of MGS multiplayer...no..I've never played MGS3 subsistance for the simple fact that I already own MGS3...no need for me to play that game. I don't plan on playing any game repeats that include multiplayer...especially for MGS3...I couldn't imagine playing MGS3 multiplayer. Anyhow, I see that you were smart not to mention anything about World of Warcraft..which IS bigger than ANY Halo game. Halo sucks dude, give it up and stop crying. It's not my fault you wasted your money on a wack game.
    test
  17. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

Clearly, you are a Halo/Microsoft fanboy. Halo has NEVER superceded Metal Gear Solid in ANY circumstance.
    test
  18. LiQuiD6

it hasnt??

i just showed you that it ranks higher by game publications on average....

and it sells more then the MGS franchise......

and all your saying is....No it doesnt..when i just clearly showed you it does....so why bother posting just to get the last word when your clearly not even making a point..your just overstating your opinion with nothing to back it up...you clearly lack the intelligence to keep up with an arguement

so honestly.....what are you trying to tell me??

im not argueing whats a better game......im telling you what is more in the public eye....and what is seen as a more important property in the industry today.....i dont even own halo 2......i dont even play halo like that......i dont even consider it the best fps game of today...half life 2 is imo......but regardless of my opinion...halo is more important in the game industry...and nothing you can say will change it....the difference is.....i know where the world stands on the subject....you dont....
    test
  19. LiQuiD6

i did mention WOW.....wtf do you even fucking read?!?

i just said in the previous posts that halo 1 and 2 outsell the entire WOW intallbase......

wtf do you just pick out what you want to read and make a response?
    test
  20. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

You're so gotdamn animated...fuck is wrong with you dude? And no, it's pointless arguing with someone who ALWAYS feels that his/her opinion is just. You only like halo for the simple fact that it is a Microsoft brand partner. You and I got into various debates of which is inclusive of Xbox 360 etc. No I don't like Halo...the game fuckin sucks and it's overrated garbage. For you to even THINK that Halo has ever superceded Metal Gear Solid as a gaming series is retarded and borderline delusional. I can't even engage in a debate with someone such as yourself for the simple fact that you have serious tunnel vision. Those wack game reviews that you pulled up about Halo and Metal Gear Solid are not substantial AT ALL. The figures that you pulled with Halo outselling MGS is a crock of shit and it proves that you don't reason beyond what your eyes see. Did you not know that Halo is made for PC as well?....Do you not think that those sales figures take PC and Xbox console sales into account? Minus the PC sales...MGS would OWN Halo in sales. But, nonetheless, sales figures and these fanboyish reviews are beyond the point. MGS > Halo on all account. Get Microsoft from out the crack of ur arse and reason with me. You're a damn gamer just like I am..so the only thing in question is your common sense.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.