Name the most OVERHYPED games..??

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by Embassy Sweetz, Jul 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blocc_Rocc

Blocc_Rocc New Member

Please put that Drink down nigga....
    sayin that GTa SA Cities were small...pssshh
    test
  2. Blocc_Rocc

Blocc_Rocc New Member

....I cannot believe what I just read ...."For that magical pic"....wow
    test
  3. Pyro Tecknik

Pyro Tecknik Harbinger of DOOM

the last boss, SIN was a beast....maybe because i zipped through and apparently i missed too many power-ups, weapon additions and special orbs. i didn't have that "return to life" magic power than at least one of the characters needed to beat him.

Fable was a decent game...but they over-promised and under-delivered. i thought it was going to be the RPG that i had been waiting for all my life. i though i was going to be playing that fucker for months....it didn't even last one week. fuck that game. they better come with it on Fable 2.
    test
  4. xbox360

xbox360 New Member

you have a PS2 right? that would make seen if you think GTA is big
    test
  5. Ayem

Ayem I Heart Myself

Xenogears was too hyped for me, had it, the 1st 45 mins was straight talk'n...bored me off my ass...

True Crime: Streets of LA...i never played the NY one, i traded in LA soon after get'n it, very boring...

Tomb Raider...i jus never felt it, even back when the 1st installment dropped...

Halo: never jumped into the hype, still haven't...still won't...
    test
  6. WWIII

WWIII It has begun...

Halo hands down
    test
  7. Civilian2004

Civilian2004 New Member

the first version of ninja gaiden on the xbox was easy as fuck. Ninja Gaiden Black pissed me the fuck off.

halo: has been overhyped since the jump. it's just another first person shooter. theres nothing special about the game. it's fun, i give it that. they just need to stop puttin so much hype behind it.

madden & live: i played the games and theres nothin special about them.
    test
  8. Pyro Tecknik

then you should have played it on hard.

NG Black was made to be easier than the original version.
    test
  9. SuB zer0

SuB zer0 A.D.R.I.A.N.N.A

gta sa lost my interest

when it took you to the hick towns

im a lil past that i still havent ended it
    test
  10. Complete Chaos

Complete Chaos I'm Drugs.

You wouldn't want them to talk and tell you what's happening. I mean most people just want to go through a rpg without a storyline, right?
    test
  11. Complete Chaos

Complete Chaos I'm Drugs.

What?! You didn't have raise? No wonder you couldn't beat that game.
    test
  12. snowy

snowy 39k Rap Song Music Folder

Hmmm now that i think about it Yuna got life at what would be lvl 14, so to play a 30-50 hour game and never get her that far is either a self imposed challenge or a monstrous new gamer mistake.
    test
  13. MC_Masta_T

MC_Masta_T Juxtaposition is a faggot

""Metal Gear Snake Eater. Fucking garbage.
    GTA San Andreas GARBAGE
    Halo games. These are just FPS and get all crazy over them. Seriously, dunno why they aint name the system Halo Box. XBOX magazine which is a 10 dollar mag that comes with demos, just did a 16 page article on halo 3. It was based on breaking down a 5 or 6 minute clip of the game. Seriously, no game is that fucking good.""

i should slap the hell outta you....Metal Gear solid was a godamn MASTERPIECE!

Resident Evil 4 kicked ass....and who cares if the villagers ran at you...you know what genre the game was in??? SURVIVAL horror...not run-turnaround-& shoot & kill easy horror...no..its SURVIVAL of course your supposed to run & hide

Halo can suck my nuts tho...both 1 & 2...Metal Gear Solid owns the entire halo series

GTASA was aight...wouldn't have minded a deeper storyline
    test
  14. Pyro Tecknik

lol a little of both.

i think when i got to SIN, i barely got Life with Yuna...but i think i also needed that 'automatic use' whenever the group died. i didn't have that.

when i read the walkthroughs online for that game(right after i found it impossible to beat sin), it felt like it was for a different game...i even checked the title thrice to make sure i was not mistakenly reading the wrong one. i missed a lot apparently.

i enjoy rpgs, but that game bore me. the constant and hackneyed battles irked the fuck out of me...especially since they were both involuntary and necessary to the groups progress.
    test
  15. CrayonFlux

CrayonFlux New Member

need for speed, fifa, halo all of that controversial bullskits

people need to recognize real good games, but they all on that materializm bullshit
    test
  16. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

Halo 3. GTA will always stand a chance of meeting the stupid hype it gets. Halo never will and it certainly wont meet the current hype.

I'd like to add Pro Evolution Soccer 6.

Next Gen? Fuck off. I want the £20 extra I had to pay over the PS2 price, back. Now you cunts.
    test
  17. johhny 5

johhny 5 Da New Kid On Da Block

halo in general.
    test
  18. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

how can you say halo never met the hype and wont meet the current hype???

seriously...how can you say that with a straight face....halo 2 was the fastest selling media product in history.....it sold faster then any videogame, dvd, or album in the history of media....

its ok to speak your opinion...but dont just ramble off at the mouth just cause you dont like something

halo is one of the most recognizable franchises in recent history.......let alone is more widely recognized then Metal gear solid as a house hold name.....
    test
  19. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

Easily. The current hype alone is unrealistic. The bottom line is, Halo isn't THAT good of a game.

Give me a break. You aren't stupid, you know sales mean jack shit. EA's franchises outsell their competitiors 3 to 1, year in and year out. However, for the past 4 years, games like 2K and Pro Evo have been far superior, yet will never amass the popularity and sales that trail the EA equivilant.

Sales mean shit.

Bwahahahahaha, coming from YOU of all people? Pull the other one, son. I always come in here and base my swearing on the cold and hard stuff. You've run into many a thread to defend an Microsoft product and exagerated facts and pushed your own opinion as if it was one. Examples are the HD epidemic, the Virtual Console etc, etc. You constantly push your own fanboy agenda as if it's fact.

I don't care. Not until the dust settles atleast. Mario is WAAAAY past it's sell by date, it gets no hype but it's still the number one gaming franchise in history. Halo will never reach that pinnical post hype. That's what matters.

I don't give a shit how many people know about Halo currently. I know more about Halo than some of the people who play it and I avoid Halo news like the plague. I'm sick of it. I don't buy magazines anymore because that's all it is. Halo 3 and that fat cunt Peter Jackson.

Please, I'm up for an arguement, but if you can't come up with your own opnion and exagerated facts and fucking sales figures, don't bother.
    test
  20. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

Madden without a doubt.

Every year it turns more and more into NFL Blitz. Some arcade bullshit aimed at little kids. Every year it get's worse and worse. They know what's wrong with it (especially suction blocking) and don't fix it. 2K just rips Maddens' head of and shits down it's throat.

And the GTA's passed 3. Same thing. They know what's wrong with it, but don't fix it.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.