Name the most OVERHYPED games..??

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by Embassy Sweetz, Jul 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Embassy Sweetz

Embassy Sweetz 360's thee-shit,-b

heres mine.

halo 2 - there just werent alot of memorable battles...and the best parts were fighting on earth..and that didnt last long.

GTA: SA - just meh...same ol shit...

Ninja Gaiden( xbox) - Great game just fucking mind boggling hard for no reason lol..and that drains alot of fun out of it

Metal Gear Solid 2 - pretty cool...but raiden fucking ruined it...wat a fag.

Tekken Tag - every PS2 head hyped the fuck outta this...shits garbage...especially for all the Dreamcast heads at the time who were playin soul caliber lol

Madden ( any year) god i miss NFL 2K

Mortal Kombat ( all 3D games) once they switched to 3D...all that shit became wack. MK3 ultimate is still the best.

Mechassault ( xbox) the first "must have" game for xbox live which was brand new at the time...shit was garbage and the single player game was hard as fuck.

FFX - that underwater soccer shit was mad lame lol.

Soul Caliber 2 - dam wat a let down...they didnt even change much form the 1st game...

Prey - i dunno why cats were so hyped over this...its just Doom with an indian dude lol...

shit thats all i can think of right now...
    test
  2. Atom React

Atom React aka JAYO

i disgare with the GTA and madden..

madden shits on nfl 2k i cant argue it cause its more preference, but thats mine lol

and GTA.. same old shit, but what else can they make you kno?
    this is obviously whats in right now, and with new systems they will have more to do every game they make, new things, trust me, you know video game makers ALWAYS find somethin new to throw in there, like who saw madden coming out with a hit stick? or the passing view, i woulda NEVER guessed, but they keep mixin it up

but what is it YOU want to play that they aren't doing
    to hate on the "same old shit" means you must have ideas
    and im not hatin, id like to hear em
    i like to see what other people would like to see in games
    test
  3. xbox360

xbox360 New Member

Football:
    i have a nfl2k demo, on xbox demo disc and that game was :eek: , people said(this was 05) it looked so much better then madden , when it didnt the people all looked long, all the players had a over head. madden most of the heads were round well on 2k it was all over head(cant spell right now)

Halo:
    halo 1 omg that was just badjust run and gun. good story but still run and gun.
    halo 2 less of the bad run and gun. 2nd was better then 1st alot better.

GTA:
    GTA: SA was over hyped bad, its a small map, all 3 towns were small. it seemed that True crime: streets of LA was bigger. the game was very short. i wanted more LV missions.

GTA VC: it was a good game but the radio was alittle light, and the map got old fast.

GTA SA fixed alot of the flaws in VC

Battlefield 2: after a week playing AA i couldnt go back to the ugly M249 SAW
    test
  4. Atom React

Atom React aka JAYO

are you serious?? you think streets of LA has a bigger map then GTA: SA???

no way
    test
  5. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

i just have to point out...no one hyped halo 2's singleplayer after it was released...it was the multiplayer online on live.....that made halo2 what it is today......

shit the multiplayer is so good..it didnt even matter that the singleplayer was eh
    test
  6. xbox360

xbox360 New Member

i said it seemed bigger, its not the size of the map but the size of the cities. each city in GTA SA was smaller when LA in TC. i have got lost in TC Streets of LA unlike GTA SA. it wasnt that big it may have been big to people that didnt play long map games like i have but GTA SA didnt seem big to me
    Witch made it over hyped.
    "it seemed that True crime: streets of LA was bigger"
    test
  7. Pyro Tecknik

Pyro Tecknik Harbinger of DOOM

the most overhyped game in recent memory would be Fable, god that shit was so fucking disappointing.

as for some of the ones you mentioned.

Halo 2(and 1)- yes, i never could get into it as much as everyone else seemed to. i mean, played and beat both and it was good, but that it's. multiplayer was good too...but i got bored of it just as quick.

GTA:SA- word. i played it, i think i got about 3/4ths of the way through the story(where he has to kill someone(who backstabbed him, i can't remember), on a boat in the bay), i was so painfully bored by then that i just stopped playing it. gave it to my cousin i think.

Ninja Gaiden- is the truth. sure, i got fucking frustrated in several parts during the game(i played the game in hard too), that i stopped playing for days at a time, but when i finally got to the end and beat the final boss...that was one of the most gratifying moments in my video gaming life(as lame as that sounds). i like being challenged...i like having a hard time getting through levels, but at the same time entertained by both the story and fighting aspects of the game, and this game had it all.

Metal Gear Solid 2(sons of liberty)- it came with the ps2 when i bought it, but i haven't played it yet.

Madden- couldn't agree with you more. i still play 2K5....no madden game can even compare with it. i was pretty annoyed when i heard ea sports/madden had gotten exclusive NFL rights/ licenses.

FFX- haha, i know...i fucking hate that game. yet, it's reveered as one of the best games ever. the underwater soccer mini-game wasn't as bad as some of the boring and repetitive fights throughout spira. after i made it all the way to the last battle with sin, i find out i still needed several special orbs and additions to weapons to be able to beat him....i fucking shipped it back the next day(gamefly), fuck that.

Soul Caliber 2- word, i actually bought that fucking game, and i don't buy games...but since the first SC on dreamcast was ill as fuck, i was sure this would be too.
    test
  8. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Metal Gear Snake Eater. Fucking garbage.
    GTA San Andreas GARBAGE
    Halo games. These are just FPS and get all crazy over them. Seriously, dunno why they aint name the system Halo Box. XBOX magazine which is a 10 dollar mag that comes with demos, just did a 16 page article on halo 3. It was based on breaking down a 5 or 6 minute clip of the game. Seriously, no game is that fucking good.
    test
  9. Wrecktify

Wrecktify New Member

hmm, I'm not sure abt overhyped..but I can name some REALLY bad games

1) FiFA Soccer 2006- The fifa worst soccer game of the series....they got rid of the old commentators(John Motson & Ally McCoist)...just plain boring...I MAY have played it five times since I got it.

2)Resident Evil 4- I played this crap like last month I think...they revamped the ENTIRE style of gameplay. And wtf......the dead people are now able to RUN at you. I swear, I may have lived for only 5 minutes in that game..that's because I spent the entire time hiding & running...trying to figure out wtf was going. When I think of zombie..I think of a slow moving thing that probably can't catch you....Not a TON of villagers who RUN at you with axes and pitchforks....

Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror(PSP)- This CRAP doesn't even compare with the ORIGINAL syphon filter series. Something about it just seemed WAYYY too easy..I got bored with it. Horrible!

Grand Theft Auto III/Vice City: What can I say that already hasn't been said already......two very boring games that lack any real creativity.

Winback:Covert Operations: The only way to describe this game is a bootlegged Metal Gear Solid. The storyline was stupid and the gameplay was just awful.

XMen: Rise of the Apocalypse- Anybody who played this game realizes how stupid and ridiculously easy this game was...a real disgrace.

That's all that I can think of at the moment.
    test
  10. LiQuiD6

you got lost because everything looked the same.....

gta: sa looks more like LA then true crime..lol.....its some sorry shit......but theres more landmarks and real life places then true crime....

true crime is more like random shit thrown around a real map...with some tiny little things here and there to hold resemblance.....
    test
  11. xbox360

xbox360 New Member

after looking at the maps of both games and LA.

the streets in True crime is the same as of LA,
    well GTA SA looks like a 1/2 ass copy of LA map.

i didnt i got lost looking for something.

have you been to one side of the map and to the other side? i have and TC is alot longer drive. most of GTA SA is open space.
    test
  12. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Well the idea of Resident evil was that zombies been around too long, and we are too accustomed to killing them, they are too easy. Its funny, I think Resident Evil 4 is easily the best game in the last few years, and its one of my favorite games ever.
    test
  13. LiQuiD6

you dont get what im saying....

true crime is a map of LA...with random shit thrown in there.....block to block....alot of things look the same.......

GTA:SA looks more like a real version of LA.....with its fake streets....then true crime with its real streets.....

theres more landmarks...and more REAL buildings......and more REAL area's of LA.....i let my girl drive around in true crime and she was able to get around cause shes from LA......but she recognized more landmarks and things on GTA just driving around.....and it looked more like the real city....

and i dunno about you....but you drive to all 4 spots in GTA sa in a circle and it takes a pretty long while to do it
    test
  14. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

GTA SA: Wow you could pimp your ride and do other remedial shit but it was crap.

Halo 1 and 2: Did nothing at all for me and Im a FPS nut.
    test
  15. Matt Hood

Matt Hood New Member

prey looks amazing. but i don't really care for doom so it's not appealing to me. but the demo i played was hot. GTA SA was good. Madden is good as it can be. Halo is cool online.
    test
  16. Kuya

Kuya AKA V-MAX

This was my first Soul game/experience (PS2), and I thought it was pretty dope.

Since I haven't played the first one, I can only assume that there wasn't much improvement between 1 and 2, rendering 2 a "disappointment" for fans who enjoyed the first.

But for a first-timer like me, I enjoyed it.
    test
  17. Kuya

Kuya AKA V-MAX

Overhyped games for Me (lookout for 'crap' wordplay):

5) South Park Rally - Popular franchise mixed with poor game design will always equal a shitty, disappointing game.
    [​IMG]
    South Krap

4) Pokemon Ruby - Playing the first two generations and enjoying them, purchasing this one was on the question tip. After finding out two of my friends bought copies, I had to check it out for myself. This marked the end of the franchise's originality and drawing power where, overall, one word came to mind=overHYPED.
    [​IMG]
    Ruby-poo.

3) Pokemon Snap - I never planned on getting it, but my mom bought it cheap on some used-games sale in local video store. Everybody was hyped that for the first time ever, you get to see 64 of the 150 Game Boy-residing creatures in 3-D, on a then-next generation system.
    From all the hype surrounding the fact that you can save your pokemon photos, then printing them out on a local "poke-photoshop booth" is a gimmick that may sound appealing on paper.
    Problem is, these booths weren't as common in local malls as they would have you believe, and after the Pokemon hyped down after a few months, there is no reason to even admit that I played this short, forgettable piece of Poke-dung.
    [​IMG]
    Pikachu or......Piecashit?

2) Banjo Tooie
    The first was incredibly refreshing, graphically, audio-wise, and gameplay-wise.
    This letdown, however, goes back to the same formula and doesn't offer anything new or exciting. Now, it doesn't have to be groundbreaking, but this sequential tripe FEELS like the same game with minor graphical and story-line changes. Replace an evil witch villain with a skull witch villain, and a skull-n-bones shaman with a racist stereotype Native Indian. Sure, the graphics are some of the crispiest the N64's memory has to offer, but amazing graphics are OVERYHYPED anyway.
    The only positive note out of all this is that I got the game virtually for free. All I did to get it was some kid's homework in high school which took several minutes. Which is just a few seconds less than the amount of times this game got played in my crib.
    [​IMG]
    Banjo Poo-ie

1) Donkey Kong 64 - I regret ever shelling out $90+ on this extremely lackluster piece of primate feces.....It's like they attempted to please racing, adventure, action, and RPG fans alike, but executed it in the sloppiest way possible.
    I've had it since late 99, and to this day, I haven't beaten the nearly imposibble, overly frustrating boss.
    I expected something new and extraordinary, but Rare dropped the ball on this fucking Banjo Kazooie clone.
    [​IMG]
    Donkey Krap 64
    test
  18. Embassy Sweetz

Embassy Sweetz 360's thee-shit,-b

yo...pokemon snap was fire lol...i knew nothing of pokemon at the time...( i was in highschool when that shit got big) so when i saw this i was like...wow...they really trying to exhaust this franchise quick...so i picked it up anyway as a rental lol...and im sorry but trying to get the illest picture of a pokemon was addicting lol...but i guess being a pokemon fan that shit wudda been wack...but since i knew nothing of them that shit was a cool concept to me haha...
    test
  19. snowy

snowy 39k Rap Song Music Folder

LOL at the FFX comments. other than agreeing on Blitzballs lameness it was a pretty good game. And i also found it funny that you found the last boss hard. He was weak, the arena guys were the crazy dudes.

And I dont think past more cars, better draw distance and bigger areas that anything like crazy hype was ever said about GTAVC or SA.

The one listed i most agree with is Fable. It was supposed to be the best thing ever at its initial announcement but by the time it was released it wasnt even best that year or month hell probably that hour.
    test
  20. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

I cant even hate, I aint never played a pokeman game in my life, except Pokeman snap. My sister had it, and I was bored and started playing it, its pretty fun trying to lure out the pokeman for that magical pic!
    lol
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.