Name Respected Industry Producers Who's Beats Aint Never Impressed You...

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by Sikknezz01, May 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. P R I M O

P R I M O Shout out to Autotune

Yeah I'd show respect to Just Blaze, Alchemist, and the Heatmakerz

I think they are all talented... every producer mentioned in this thread is talented

but that Colli Park nigga, he never impressed me either... NEVER

But I'd still show him respect, based on his hustle and talent to get put on

U can't be a complete WACK producer and get put on. You gotta have skills to get on at least or an original sound thats actually appealing...

But its alotta niggas I ain't impressed wit, but just cuz I aint impressed wit em dont mean they garbage... just dont move me like everyone else I guess

I.E - Havoc... the only beat of his I felt was "Don't need your love" on Game's album
    test
  2. Duro-Lace

Duro-Lace New Member

Ejuhcaited your analogies are classic lol...Ejuhcaited = Ignoramus
    test
  3. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

Thats totally off base tho. Kuz a nigga chops a sample he has to like Primo get the fuck outta here wit that shit. I respect Primo never said I did. Shit Im not feelin Pete Rock but I respect him for doin his thing. I dont like Illmatic but I still respect Nas for doin him. What I dont understand is who r u to tell anyone how they are supposed to feel and what they are supposed to think. I think a lot of the people in this thread are trippin. U aint a real hip hop head for not feelin these cats and shit kill that noise people feel who they feel period. Maybe its just me but I personally love Top 40, Loved The Chronic, Loved Doggy Style, Me Against the world, Capital Punishment, Ill Na Na, Reasonable Doubt, The Predator, Atliens, and I also loved True Blue, Ooo On The TLC Tip, Control, Thriller, ect. What happend to just enjoying good music. People here are so quick to judge and hate and very rarely understand what the person is gettin at or understand why they feel that way. U niggas make no kinda fuckin sense at all.
    test
  4. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

why not? thats just being an artist. artists change with age and maturity of their craft. I personally feel any artist who is not willing to change is just stuck in a time warp and to me producers are artists.
    test
  5. Track Wrecka

Track Wrecka Productions

You guys aren't taking into account the eras these producers flourished in... In Premo's hay-day he was making what people wanted to hear, and people wanted to hear that sound cuz of premo. Ur acting like premo didnt dominate the street hiphop in his era.... We're talkin that gritty new york hip hop that everyone wanted to hear... You guys are comparing Premier to a new era of popular music as a basis for ur opinions... Its not as if lil john's super saw synth was fillin the airwaves.... its not like the heatmakers/kanye sped up soul samples and tom rolls were being copied by every wannabe producer in the world... that spacey soulful neptunes sound wasn't around... It was gritty street hip hop and gangsta westcoast music that was the most popularized...

Yall need to chill and give homie his respect... im not sayin u gotta feel him, but don't disrespect one of the most respected hip hop producers in our culture's history.
    test
  6. SmooveDaDon

SmooveDaDon New Member

bitch im not impressd wid nun yall niggaz esspecially that hioe ass xabiting
    test
  7. F Major

F Major Anti Gear Lust

Exactly my point .
    test
  8. Dre Derelict

Dre Derelict New Member

I worded that wrong...I mean more he started mimicing trends because they were trends. His beats don't even have his own sound in them anymore.
    test
  9. F Major

F Major Anti Gear Lust

you interpreted that how you wanted to. But I will say this, If you are over 21(and this aint neccessarily directed at you cause I know how old you are) and considered yourself a hip hop head when you were coming up, it is hard for me to believe that you didnt ever feel a premo track. Maybe this just comes down to the fact that when someone says they are a hip hop head to me, it means that they have a worldly view of hip hop and not just a regional sense of it. If you just became familiar with premo then I could see how you wouldnt be impressed now, times, sounds, patterns and techniques have grown since then, and that dude still uses his same old formula. But how could you as a young nigga in middle school listen to the shit he did for Nas (just for example) and say that shit wasnt impressive. Before I knew how niggaz made beats and what they used, In premo's technique I could tell he was doing something impressive with samples even though I didnt know how or with what. But you are right though thats just me. But my opinion is that if you considered yourself a true hip hop head your view of hip hop was more than just limited to a region or sound
    test
  10. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

And I ain't even grow UP on Premo. I was 11 when 'A Million' By JayZ came out. But I still feel Premo, and I think he did that beat too.
    test
  11. Afrika

Afrika Nemesis

ejuhcaited u r a joke man.Wat does ppls ages, places of origin, hair styes have 2 do with this thread.U act like a gal man or a lil kid. U are like the dude from the other thread who said some1 is gay coz they wearing a polo shirt. Jus coz ppl dont wear their hair like u want em 2 or wear A T dat looks like a dress, dont make em gay. Grow up man, VA is on the east side, and who ever said I was from VA I just happen 2 live hear. Stopping acting like hip hop belongs 2 1 side.

Yo facts culd only come from some1 like u. No 1 said u have 2 like premo, pete or any of those dudes, but atleasts acknoledge wat they dd for hip hop production coz you probably wudnt be making beats if they ddnt inspire ur fav producer. If ur fav producers wer ispired by premo in anyway i dont care wat u say he inspires u 1 way or another, directly or indirectly.
    Dats all m sayn. So dontback with dat shit actin like a chick talkn about how can u know about this and dat u wer born in the 80s, how can u know dis dude u are from VA. DUDE U SOUND LAME.
    test
  12. Dre Derelict

Dre Derelict New Member

Why yes indeed he did.
    test
  13. LCD Beats

LCD Beats TYME President

Again... let me reiterate that I respect what Primo has done... and I also said that there were some beats I actually did fuck with. But the vast majority of his shit doesn't appeal to me. That's just my taste. I also hate chocolate. WTF? Does that make me less of a human cause unlike most people I hate the taste of chocolate?........ I didn't think so....... so how does my taste effect my love of hip-hop?
    test
  14. Ejuhcaited

Ejuhcaited ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Cuz u said i don't know "REAL HIP-HOP"....how the fuck do you know, when your damn near the same age as me?

C'mon, u cant tell me u was coppin that new Explicit Lyric Wu-TAng album or whatever at age 5.

To me your about as real as those Abercrombie, chancleta ass white kids at my school who watch those VH1 hip-hop specials/documentaries, and come back the next day with an east coast accent
    "Yo son, word is bond, Illmatic was the truth" Me- "[pus]" "Oh I see, you about da bling bling B, I rep dat real hip-hop dunny"
    Id rather sound lame, than fake.
    test
  15. Afrika

Afrika Nemesis

Lol... dude there is a lot of dudes on dis site u got me confused wit some1 else...I never said dat 2 u...lol....and it not my fault u didnt have older cats put u on dat shit wen u wer a kid. I was dumping dat shit wen i was 5 nigga wat.
    test
  16. F Major

F Major Anti Gear Lust

This statement tells me that you took offense to something that wasnt directed at you. My exact words were, 'For anyone to speak low of Premo....thats idiotic' . So your statement makes that comment not directed at you.

For me a Hip Hop Head embraces hip hop fully and has a worldly view of what it is, and is not limited by his state, region or continent for that matter. You aint gotta like everything, that wasnt my point, but respect is a must, especially for a pioneer. Its like me saying "Yo im tired of folks always talking about how great Marcus Garvey was, I mean really I read what he did, its not really that impressive". Even if what he did aint impressive by todays standards, it would be idiotic for me to speak low of him and his contributions to my culture. Finally for me to discount what he did without having the time frame to realize the context of his contribution doesnt allow me judge how impressive his contribution really was. So my thing is, if you are gonna judge someone, atleast let it be someone you consistently followed most of their career, and not someone you looked back at because everybody still raves about them
    test
  17. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

[​IMG]
    test
  18. SmooveDaDon

SmooveDaDon New Member

please im da king of dis shit yous a i-hoe ass blood smell me...
    my teck straight upload bullets nahmean
    test
  19. Dre Derelict

Dre Derelict New Member

lmao, some cats have too much time on their hands.
    test
  20. LCD Beats

LCD Beats TYME President

I almost choked on this Hi-C.... lmao
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.