Name Respected Industry Producers Who's Beats Aint Never Impressed You...

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by Sikknezz01, May 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

this thread is funny......

but either way........i just have to point this out...

when i first got to LA....they were having a top 20 Mc's of all time on the radio and shit.......tell me how.......KRS-one.....Nas......rakim......werent in the top 10 at all......Jay-z was something like number 8 or 9......and the rest of the top 10 were all west coast MC's......biggie was something like number 6........and fucking snoop dog and ice cube and pac were on the top 5...i was all koo with all of that.....till they mentioned ....EAZY -E as number one........i fell out my chair......

so yea......if you dont listen to everything...your idea of whats good isnt credible.....

the east coast was bumpin nwa......snoop......dre.........2pac.....all that shit on the radio...if the west wasnt bumpin ny shit......that doesnt mean its wack cause you dont like it.......that just means you have no taste cause you dont like something your not used to....
    test
  2. Money Greene

Money Greene Da Man-Da Myth-Da Legend

You gon have to chill out with that VA shit buddy, just cause we aint up top don't mean we don't get all the music. Shit, the south don't consider us as south and honestly, most of the shit that rocks in the club and streets in VA is up north shit. Nigga we know ALL ABOUT PREMO...don't get it fucked up
    test
  3. Dre Derelict

Dre Derelict New Member

I love Afrika Bambataa (got Afrika Bambataa vinyl as well). So props to you on that. But what I'm getting at, basically, I guess is respect. When your "opinions" can't be expressed without dissing or hating on the cats that were here leaving a mark before you even knew about music. I just though respect for an artform that a lot of these cats supposedly love would hold more fluid than I'm obviously seeing. I don't feel Lil Jon or even JD that much, but I know their history. Because they too have left a mark now, another phase in Hip Hop history. Maybe it's more than just music for me, and just that for y'all. I'm not going to disrespect these cats just because I don't like that. Especially if they're the forefront of what they dish out. That's hating on a whole era and fanbase of people. Retarded.

Why would ANYONE make the assumption that we wouldn't know 5 premo tracks? Get the fuck out. I've been digging Gangstarr and Nas too long for that. And premo had his bangers on illmatic, and well after that. Come on fam.

And hell, when premo and the other greats were creating back then (emcees and producers) Hip Hop was all on that tip. So "washed up backpackers" sounds like something someone who just picked up Hip Hop would say. Like, what the hell were you listening to then? There was no jazzy pha or Lil Jon doing shit then. Everyone was into the party and bullshit and lyrics. NWA stepped on the scene and got into the funk aspect of sampling and the gangsta aspect of lyrics.
    test
  4. Money Greene

I can't name 5 beats but I can name a bunch of songs

Gangstarr:
    Mass Appeal
    Just to Get a Rep
    Royalty (1 of my faves)
    You Know my Steez
    Dwyck (1st song to make me wanna make beats)
    Ex Girl To Next Girl
    Take It Personal
    Above the Clouds

Misc:
    Big: Kick in the Door
    Unbelievable
    Nas: Represent
    NY State of Mind 1 and 2 (2 is so crazy)
    Nas is like
    Jay: Million questions
    Friend or Foe
    Royce: Boom
    Bunch of Group Home Shit, i dont remember the names right now at work.

Goddamn, all this reminiscing is making me want to hear some Gangstarr all of a sudden, shit I got to find my CDs.
    test
  5. Money Greene

Im bout to go off topic but this reminds me of something. Here in the A, they had a greatest MC jumpoff on the radio too. This was voted on BY THE PEOPLE OF ATLANTA LIVE, the top 4 was TI vs Pac, and Big vs MJG, YES, MJ fucking G. I respect MJG, I like MJG, but he aint better than 8ball!!!!! MJG WON, yep, he won. In the final it was Pac vs. MJ FUCKING G!!!!! krazy.
    test
  6. Dre Derelict

Dre Derelict New Member

Which is cool to have more influences to motivate you than individuals. But that's not what this thread is about. We're looking for the individuals that move you (or didn't move you rather). And either way you look at it, it still comes down to an individual. SOMEONE spit that rhyme you felt. SOMEONE produced that beat you dig. Unless you're talking about being moved by Hip Hop events and situtations. Which is something that can motivate you to go and create. But won't influence you one way or another. You're not listening to a compressed snare at a Hip Hop rally or antying.

But, I can understand being moved by more than people though. But there's always certain names you see and have to peep because you feel their material that much.

On a sidenote, I always felt sampling a hip hop record to make a hip hop record was some booty shit.
    test
  7. ral4ever1985

ral4ever1985 CHETA

whoever says the neptunes is dumb, you need to either check their track record or something, they are the main cats that change the game every year
    test
  8. Ejuhcaited

Ejuhcaited ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

What does their track record have to do with whether their beats impress you or not?

Sure Sudahm whosane may run afghanistan or whatever, but anybody can be born into a royal family of arabs, not very impressing
    test
  9. LiQuiD6

if your bumpin......

ten crack commandements, kick in the door or unbelievable........you cant say shit about premier......now if you can honestly say you dont like those tracks.....and really mean it...then ......well.......i dont know what to tell you.....

but if your sittin here....saying premier is wack....yet you sing along when them joints come on...and bob your head and go wild like every body does when they hear it......then you need to slap yourself in the fucking face
    test
  10. LiQuiD6

and i have to point this out.....why niggas equate premier with backpacker shit?

Premier was teh first cat ANY credible street rapper would go to for a hood certified single.....yall dudes got it twisted........dont even know how to catagorize a dude....

premier was one of the main...RAW STREET....THUG.......GANGSTA ass producers in the game........yall on some stupid shit....

jadakiss himself said it......you wanna talk to the streets...you go to premier
    test
  11. Vanderslice

Vanderslice New Member

Yeah cause ya know, that Stand by Me remix is that piff, much iller than all of premiers beats.. you fuckin roach
    test
  12. ral4ever1985

ral4ever1985 CHETA

so you wasnt impressed by grinding,what it is,nigga please,Southern Hospitality,I Ain't Heard Of That? come on now, you are just slight crazy if you aint impressed by those
    test
  13. Dre Derelict

Dre Derelict New Member

Thank you! I was coming back in the clarify that. Beat me to the punch. Premo long ago had his credibility laced up with his gutter ass beats. That gritty sound, they go to premier tracks. While cats say we don't know any tracks from him, I guarantee that a lot of shit of his he laced up you had no idea it was him and you were nodding y'all head like a little fan boy.
    test
  14. Dre Derelict

Dre Derelict New Member

All bangers. Word, and really...the feedback and props here seem unwarranted now. Like you're just saying good shit about a beat so someone will so something good about you. How can we say...yo DJ Casper that shit is hot, I'm impressed, then turn around and say that Premo, Neptunes, etc have never been impressive?

*not a swing at Casper by the way, just threw his name out there...since he seems to be one of the cats that was sorta suprised about this list as well*
    test
  15. Ejuhcaited

Ejuhcaited ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Yea I was impressed with those, but I could easily see why someone might not be (opinion)
    test
  16. Ejuhcaited

Ejuhcaited ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Well most internet backpackers enjoy his work, so he's guilty by association. Don't you listen to M.F. Doom?
    test
  17. LiQuiD6

uhhhh........i cant fucking STAND.....mf doom.......

CANT STAND HIM...

so no...your wrong........

most STREET hip hop fans love premiers work too.....whats your point?
    test
  18. Money Greene

FUCK DOOM.......that dude sucks.
    test
  19. Dre Derelict

Dre Derelict New Member

That has to be the most retarded logic...

Most suburban teeny bobbers like 50 cent. That make him a goofy suburanite by association as well?
    test
  20. The Militant

The Militant New Member

HAHAHAHAHAAHA

sadahm whosane... run afghanistan!!! LOLLLLLLLLLLL
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.