Name Respected Industry Producers Who's Beats Aint Never Impressed You...

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by Sikknezz01, May 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

Someo f these niggas in here aint shit.. they here with the trend and when they realize their music aint got no type of soul or any originality or fuckin' swag, style, nothin... they gon quit.

Simple.
    test
  2. nwo504

nwo504 Rawtunez

Last time I checked, people were entitled to their own opinions. Just because you idolize primo or pete rock dosen't mean everyone will. I think Pete rock is dope ass hell but I don't care much for premo. I wouldnt say he's wack though.
    test
  3. Ejuhcaited

Ejuhcaited ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Newsflash- Marley Marl, Premo, Pete Rock, or none of those concscious "ill" "dope" "fresh" backpackin mafuckaz started hip-hop...they only came around in the late 80s, early 90s- not pioneers itof this hip-hop sh by any means

Ever heard of a song from 79 call "Rappers Delight" aka the first "HIT" in hip-hop......it was a club BANGER b4 the term even existed lolz. Anyways, the track was intended to get people to dance. Not none of that "yo kick a dope rhyme son word to motha im da illest" over a corny Lo-Fi Piano sample and Gritty drums

anyways...on the otherside of the hip-hop world back in the early 80s...it was drum machines and techno synths...808s to be specific...ever heard of a joint called Planet Rock?

So actually, by me listening to Lil Jon, Ying Yang Twinz, and damn near errybody from the South...I have more of an idea of what REAL hip-hop is than you washed up backpackers.
    test
  4. Dre Derelict

Dre Derelict New Member

Wow, I can see your ignorance just shine through. The fact that those songs you mentioned revolutionizted the status of Hip Hop in record sales. I'm speaking of pioneering styles son. From sampling and using MPC's to just general production styles. Same way the new phase of Hip Hop you listen to now, you could say, was started (pioneered by) the lil jon's and so forth. The first cat to make a booty shaking rap song as a single and hit doesn't make him more pivotal than an Tupac or a Dr. Dre by any means. The more prolific career, adapting with the times, discography, BANK, and memorable songs do that.

You sound like a real retard. "Real Hip Hop?" DJ Premiere and "washed up backpackers" wow. Anyways...I gotta stay out this thread now before I see/read anymore stupidity.

Glad to see there are still some purists out there and some cats that know what they're talking about.

And you know, respecting an opinion is cool. But calling ANY of these cats wack, or the style of Hip Hop it came from washed up (and/or the consumers as well) is crazy. While y'all stand firm on your opinions and don't want to be ridiculed or called out for it, I guarantee over half these cats y'all dream of producing for, if they heard you come out your mouth with some ol' ignorant retarded shit as SOME of the cats opinions are reflecting here, they'd herb you and wouldn't take you seriously under any circumstances. Saying you're not feeling a Pete Rock or a Premo (wow) okay cool. Washed up backpackers, unimpressive, and wack don't belong I'm sorry. And putting Rapper's Delight and Premo in the same conversation is retarded. We're comparing two COMPLETELY different arguments. You're speaking from the entertainment aspect and...ya know what, fuck it.

lol wow
    test
  5. Ejuhcaited

Ejuhcaited ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Why not? Isn't music a subjective artform?

About the pioneers comment...DJ Premier work has influenced me little to none, so why should I care about his history?

I mentioned Afrika Bambataa, Sugarhill, because without them...I'd probably be an RnB producer with a nappy S-Curl.
    [​IMG]

You'd probably be a Dreadlock wearin Black Hippie or some shit
    [​IMG]

And yes my "Washed up" comment is oh so justified. 25 years later...people are still using 808 drums. Jazze Pha sampled "Planet Rock" for One Two Step last year, J.D. just sampled "Looking for the perfect beat" for the new LL and J.LO. Can't say the same for Lo-Fi Swinged drums, or "ILL Rhymes", can u? :smile:
    test
  6. DjayCasper

DjayCasper Eh Fuck It.

like i said

WHO impresses yall ?
    test
  7. Sikknezz01

Sikknezz01 ^would fuck IceLaFox raw

Dr Dre moves me

Havoc moves me, Battlecat, DJ Jazzy Jeff, DJ Quick, Mannie Fresh, Large Professor, RZA, Trackmasters, The Beatnuts

I could list producers for days. Like I said, it's all opinion, not everyone is gonna feel the exact same shit.

I honestly think people dickride Premo on here because its "the right thing to do." Like one guy said above, most of yall couldn't even name 5 of his beats. Thats so fucking corny man, stop being fucking sheep
    test
  8. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

agreed
    test
  9. DjayCasper

DjayCasper Eh Fuck It.

u like large pro... an beat nuts but not premo? rza but not premo? thats odd as hell if u ask me

like sayin u prefer ti to jay-z
    or qtip to magoo.

but opinions are opinions

im not one of the cats who say i like dj premier to fit in. if any of yall are doin that

thats honestly just gay
    dont be afraid to have an opinion.
    test
  10. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

I get inspiration from a lot of places. At the time in the early 90s where I said I wasnt feelin the eastcoast scene I was into Westcoast and r&b heavily more so r&b. People here are funny tho they ask for ur opinion then trip when u give it lol. I never said Illmatic was wack I said I wasnt really feelin it. Just kuz I say Im not into something doesnt make it wack it just means it wasnt for me which again is much of the eastcoast scene that I had access to (aka BET 90% of the time) imo until about 95-96 with a few exceptions. The first eastcoast album I even found worth buying at the time was Ill Na Na and I still love that album.
    test
  11. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

Im moved more by hip hop in general than 1 or 2 heads but if I had to pick someone Id say Timbo, Dr. Dre and Jermaine Durpi
    test
  12. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

Just Blaze, Jermaine Dupri, The Neptunes, Timbaland, Dr Dre, Dj Quik, Mannie Fresh, Rza at times.
    test
  13. noVa ProductionZ

noVa ProductionZ RS7K 4 LIFE!!! MPC BLOWS!

test
  14. The Militant

The Militant New Member

i never felt kanye to be honest... and a few years before he made his diamonds beat i made one called 'forever' same sample etc etc.. problem is this aint the first shit i done kanye redone.

im completely convinced kanye is either on this site or another one goes round jacking samples he likes off the net producers

but fuck it, more power to him for actually doing something
    test
  15. Worthiest Words

Worthiest Words New Member

bro mad heads have done the diamonds joint, it's not like it's some kind of rare record, fuck even house music and techno sampled that track back in the day. It's just KNAYE took it to a whole new level, ain't nobody thought about killin that beat like he did even if they wanted too. Are you saying kanye is jackingt your ideas LOL?
    test
  16. The Militant

The Militant New Member

no i never said i was the only person to sample that but i said LOADS of samples i took kanye took again.

would it suprise you that kanye west had a computer? he looks like a fucking narc for a start... of course hes online, and you think he aint going to listen to other peoples beats on the net, of COURSE he is...

and you mean to tell me he aint gonna bank some of the hot shit he sees...
    test
  17. Worthiest Words

I just highly doubt kanye is jacking your ideas and lets just say he is then he's doing a hell of a better job man...no hate.
    test
  18. Premize Prod

Premize Prod aka reggie kush

all them niggas use the internet. i remember watching a joe buddens inteview. talking about when young buck dissed him, the first thing he did was hop on kazaa and download a beat...

these guys arent computer illiterate...
    test
  19. Worthiest Words

naw man i don't doubt that at all, i know kanye uses the net hell he even mentioned it on radio saying some shit about producers on the net dissin him but ain't seeing him on the beat tip and how they all jackin his style etc..I just had a little laugh at this dude implying kanye has been jackin his ideas. i just don't see that happanin

by the way he said this on the tim westwood show, a while back, somones posted up the audio here if i recall
    test
  20. I SUCK AT POKER < DONKEY

I SUCK AT POKER < DONKEY who fuen CARES

lol yeah that shirley bassey shit is mad rare
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.